PCE- Bad Experience

CS can be different at every store, every day, and each location seems to make their own rules.

Just my .02

I agree with you. During the last PCE, when I went into my closest Coach store, as soon as I walked in the SA walked up to me and said "welcome to Coach - everything in our store is 25% off!". Umm, I don't think that is how PCE is suspose to work in general. LOL

Anyway, regardless as to what the rules were for zoober_beth's store, they could have been much nicer in saying no though.:sad:

Sorry zoober_beth. *HUGS* and at least you got your bag.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I don't understand why people have to be so uptight about coupons and discounts. Isn't the purpose to attract more buyers? Then what's their problem if someone is ready to purchase. Your experience only goes to show why salespeople should think twice about how they react to their customers. They just lost a good one!

So sorry this happened to you! You should KEEP your bag!! I would maybe call the store and speak to a manager. Because as other people have said, other stores have no problem giving the discount to anyone who speaks PCE language!

Funny this should come up - I was just saying to myself yesterday as I left a mall Coach store - emptyhanded - that they seemed awful 'snooty'. This was not an upscale mall mind you but your average mall. I decided not to purchase anything @ that mall one and would wait till Monday, spend my $$ and use my PCE card @ the usual boutique store I visit - where they are never snooty. Sales personel should aim to please & sell - not make people feel like crap. A simple no suffices.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking for the discount if I don't get a card. I do believe that if I went to our boutique during PCE and didn't have the card, they'd give me the discount because I know all the girls/guys there and I make my rounds and drop by to see them. But, like Kansahalo said, a simple "no" would've sufficed.

Keep your lovely Carly and enjoy it!!! It's an amazing bag!!

That SA should've been mindful of the fact that her conduct was probably going to cost the store your future business.

I like how she was surprised that you knew about the PCE, its not really that hard to find out about it, you could've found out about it from a friend!

Thank you everyone for the comments. I was just feeling so down about the whole thing-but I love the bag so I will keep it. I just won't be going to that store anymore-if I have to drive out of the way to have a better experience next time I will.

That SA should've been mindful of the fact that her conduct was probably going to cost the store your future business.

I like how she was surprised that you knew about the PCE, its not really that hard to find out about it, you could've found out about it from a friend!

Yes I did find out from a friend....a whole bunch of friends here on tpf. ;) I thought it was just great when she told me that she was unable to give me the discount just because I knew about it. I wanted to say well would it help if I said I got a card and left it at home??? No difference really I still didn't have a card. LOL

Glad to hear you're keeping the bag! I'm sorry about the horrible service you were given, but you shouldn't let it taint your happiness over getting the bag you've been wanting. As you've said, they've lost future sales. I say hats off to you for standing your ground and getting the discount - now go show off that bag! Wear it well!

I would let a store manager know how you were treated in a letter.
Its amazing what a nice letter can do. Even if you don't shop at that store again you can be helping other fellow purse lovers in the long run by helping them improve customer service.

One thing even if they did not send you a card they need to have better tact at explaining why they could not offer you the the discount, and that it was amazing at how fast the SA changed when they realized they were going to completely lose a sale. Talk in feeling & let them know you will be more than willing to drive out of your way to get the service you deserve.

Honey! You should have marched across the street to Southdale (the regular mall, literally across the street) and into the Coach store there. I guarantee if you had walked into that store with a smile on your face the SA's in there would have offered you the discount without even asking!

I would return the bag and tell them why and then run out to another store where you are treated with respect and buy the bag again.

Some of the SAs in the Coach stores are really snotty and should realize that some of the richest people dress very plain and even shabby - and even then should realize a customer is a customer and the SA is the person SERVING them....