Payless anyone?

They hurt my feet too. I thought it was just me. I miss their sister store Parade of Shoes since their shoes were made of leather. They've closed them all down in the Philadelphia area.

whatever I bought from payless I had to throw away after one wear. a funny story I have is one day I was shopping at a public market with some really cute gladiators and some jerk was trying to hit on my friend and literally was trying to squeeze himself in between us , ended up stepping on my gladiator insoles and ripping them off.

Needless to say that was the end of him hitting on her. :hysteric: :smash:

In that emergency situation I bought a pair of kitten mules from payless for $3. They served their purpose but also killed my feet in the process.

I've not had great luck with Payless Shoes and have abandoned buying from them anymore. I have better luck with inexpensive shoes from Nine West (although those are often uncomfortable, as well) or Chinese Laundry.

i have nothing against well priced shoes, but I dont like payless simply because its quality. they hurt my feet and I am a firm believer that you should always wear comfy shoes. I mean I can wear CL high heels but I would never wear high heels from Payless.

You can actually find cute shoes there and they can last too. I have a pair of sandals from there that are more than 2 years old and they are still as perfect as the day I bought them! So I don't necessarily agree that they all fall apart.

I totally agree! I've never had a problem with quality at Payless. Of course, I've got TONS of shoes so maybe that's why. But I have certain pairs I wear a lot, and they're fine, unlike some designer shoes I've had in the past that have literally fallen apart on me. And the ones I've gotten are always comfy. I won't buy shoes that don't feel good on my feet.

Years ago I bought a pair of shoes from them and they fell apart after I wore them once and they didn't even look that great before they fell apart. I haven't gone back to give them a second chance.

We have Payless in Perth Australia but so far I havent bought anything for myself there yet. I bought a pair of school boots for my son there once but he refuses to put it on. He said too hard and it make him foot auwiee.... His only 5 years old.

I guess to get what you pay for. One cannot expect a payless shoe to be the same quality and to last as long as other expensive brands. I personally have not shopped there, but I have sister who is totally addicted to payless shoes.

I used to get shoes here when I was little but the last pair I got a few years ago KILLED my feet. The prices are good and some of the styles are cute but they hurt my feet too much.

My feet are equal opportunity in the hurt department - so it doesn't matter whether they are cheap or not, if I'm not barefoot, my feet ARE going to hurt. I personally disagree that more money (regardless of what the product is) automatically equals better.

I like to shop at Payless when I need a one-time special occasion shoe. A couple years ago I needed shoes to match the dress I would be wearing for my graduation ceremony, and I found the -perfect- shoes at payless... They hurt my feet, but they looked great! I haven't worn them since, but I don't feel bad because they were so cheap to begin with. :smile:

They've come a long way since the 90s and there shoes are actually quite cute now. I've bought some of their flip flops and have been very tempted to get a pair of flats.