Paying Over Retail for a Used BBag: how do you feel about this? what is your limit?

Have you/would you pay more than retail for a used BBag?

• Absolutely! I'd pay anything to get the Bbag of my dreams

• Retail is my limit: I won't pay more than the original cost of a bag

• Depends: can't answer, it would really depend on my mood at the moment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmmm... my deal breaker is darkened handles and honestly i still can't understand how could a bag not in near mint condition sell for more than 2x the retail! (no offence to anyone)

With customs fees, etc...I ended up paying $1600+ for my #1 HG - a brand new Rouge Theatre City. In my opinion, it was worth every penny. It is gorgeous and I love it.

On the other hand, I also got a brand new Anthra city (another HG) for a little less then retail!

I don't really have a "limit", but I only buy bags in brand new condition, so HG or not, I wouldn't pay big bucks for a bag with dirty handles, scuffed corners, etc...

Depends on what I can afford at the moment. Generally I have a hard time paying more than 30% above retail, but if it were a HG in mint condition... I'd be in trouble :Push:

I'm fighting this with myself right now, there's a bag I want, but the $$ is going up everytime I look... it's not in bad condition, but not mint... I want it so badly, but at some point reason has got to kick in. I'm hoping another will show up someday.

I'd be willing to pay about 20-25% over retail and it has to be in near-new to mint condition. I'm late coming to Bals and as much as I love them, I can't bring myself to spending $1.5K+ for a 5 yr. old bag, which happens to be the yr. of my HG's. I never imagined that I would break the $1K mark for a handbag, and yet with Bals, I don't even hesitate to do so. However, I just absolutely can't justify spending that amount of $$ for any handbag thus, I'll just keep waiting until one shows up where I'm comfortable with the $$. :yes:

I voted 25-30% above retail, but it depends on what I can afford at the time and also on the condition of the bag. If it's in mint condition I'd be willing to pay a lot more than if it's used :yes:

i voted no limit..

because my HGs are older bags and i only buy in mint/like-new condition so if i'm not willing to pay above retail i can as good as forget it! :shame: that said, some of the going rates now are truly krrrrazy