Patina on a new bag has varying colors, please help!

lmissx

O.G.
Jul 25, 2011
Hi guys,
I desperately need your opinion please.
I got the new speedy 25 from local boutique. Weird thing is, vachetta on handles, zipper pull and end tabs is light, but the chaps (the part where handles attach to canvas) are noticeably darker. How can that be on the brand new bag?
Will this become a problem to obtain even patina or will the vachetta catch up?
Thank you so much, guys.

Hmm....maybe it was the store display? They keep those purses under lights which can start the patina process, I think I would go back and request an exchange if I had received a bag with uneven patina but it's ultimately what you will be happy with. Can you post pics of the difference?

Hmm....maybe it was the store display? They keep those purses under lights which can start the patina process, I think I would go back and request an exchange if I had received a bag with uneven patina but it's ultimately what you will be happy with. Can you post pics of the difference?

Agreed sounds like a display item. Exchange.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I'll post a picture tomorrow once I capture it in the daylight.
I also thought maybe it was a display bag, but the SA pulled it out of the packaging new.
But if it was a display wouldn't the handles be darker too? On my bag only the chaps started to patina, everything else is still very light.

I'm just concerned they won't patina the same and will always vary in shade.
I suppose I could live with it if there weren't two other minor flaws about the bag. Together it makes three and I'm questioning whether it's worth keeping :-/

I'm just concerned they won't patina the same and will always vary in shade.
I suppose I could live with it if there weren't two other minor flaws about the bag. Together it makes three and I'm questioning whether it's worth keeping :-/

If it has more wrong with it I would return it. What are the other flaws?

I can see what you mean 😊 it's a very slight difference in color and I think over time it will become less noticeable....but do what feels right to you and what will make you happy 😉 congrats on your purchase, I love the new "puffy" chaps!