Patina on a new bag has varying colors, please help!

Can you tell us what the other flaw is? I do see the difference in color and if it bothers you then I would definitely exchange it.

lovebags1 and Toby93, sorry for taking a while to reply guys.
Apart from chapes being darker from the rest of vachetta, the other two issues were:
On one side of the bag, one side of the handle only, the hardware part that connects the handle to the chape was not facing directly but more like turning sideways. Kind of difficult to explain and I think I forgot to capture it on photo. Anyway, I could have lived with that except another problem really concerned me.
On one side the glazing was kind of incomplete and there was a slight split on the side of the chape. Please see photos below. Also one side had some fraying where the hardware sits, while the other side was perfect. But anyway, I was primarily concerned with cool variation in vachetta and that slightly missed glazing and smashed edge of the chape might come apart with time. So those were the other flaws guys.
Here's the pics:

The split on the edge where glazing is missing a little.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412918275.311268.jpg

The fraying at the edges only on one side of the bag.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412918293.793062.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412918315.322452.jpg

On the other side of the bag the glazing was perfect and no fraying.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412918345.481497.jpg

I can see what you mean 😊 it's a very slight difference in color and I think over time it will become less noticeable....but do what feels right to you and what will make you happy 😉 congrats on your purchase, I love the new "puffy" chaps!

Thank you, midnitee :smile: I also like the new puffy chapes. I was deciding between getting the older model or newer.
I'm glad I exchanged the bag. There was really something going on with those darker looking chapes. They even had slight scratches on them. It looked really suspicious and it was difficult not to raise a brow about it.

So glad you were able to exchange for a bag that makes you happy. For this kind of money we should be REALLY happy - lol!

Thank you, Toby93. Yes, once I exchanged I was perfectly happy and my mind was finally put at ease.
You're right, the amount is not little so we should absolutely be happy with what we buy.