Patent or Caviar Wallet?

PINK PATENT! I am on reserve for the wallet you are talking about. They should be getting it any day now. I love Chanel patent, love this color too. I have white patent items and light colors too. I have never had a problem with my patent.
No transfering, no yellowing, nada.
I think patent is soo durable and care free. You can get a black caviar wallet anytime. Pink patent is rare!

IMO, I would prefer patent cuz it looks younger, I love patent. If you worry abt the color trasfer, how abt choosing the black patent.

I did get a black patent wallet from the Makeup collection...it didn't even make it way out of its Chanel box long enough before I realized the fingerprints were going to drive me bonkers...I am such a visual...see it...hold it...try it on kind of shopper....it looked beautiful in pictures, but the black patent just didn't do it for me when I got a hold of her to see in real life.

Thank you for the suggestion. :smile:

:ty: ladies for all the fabulous feedback and thoughts.

Tough choice!

I know I will make the right decision when it comes down to it....and both seem like wallets that are kind of limited so to speak (11C), so it ensues "Buy me...soon, please, if you want me" lol. I guess that is what makes Chanel rolling out different seasons of items with limited quantities.

I wish the GHW on the wallets was part of the Classic Line...and the pink is just so fabulous, it would be a great color to have around all the time too!

Last edited:
^ I looked on the Purse Forum and on Google Images and could not find a picture. Its a really cute wallet and such a fabulous shade of pink. :smile:

So, I have decided, and had my Saks SA ring it up today to get the double points, (great idea from him) ... and then sleep on it...if I change my mind, he was willing to "return it" for me since she won't get to ship till Monday...

I am 99% sure I am going to go for it....so perhaps a reveal to come next week everyone!

:ty: to all for the feedback and suggestions along the way.

I already heard lots of negative things about pink patents due to color transfer.
Is a pretty color but is going to look nasty with color transfers. So I ended get a red patent with no problem.

If there is no color patent, I rather u stick with black caviar.
I personally love patent due to the shine

Caviar over patent any day of the week. Fingerprints, non-spa'able, possible cracking of that manmade lacquer type finish (patent). Hmm downside of caviar??? Not as pretty. If you want pretty and durable and I don't know if there are any wallets in distressed leather but that would be the topping on the ice cream cone.

Absolutely black caviar! My sister used to own a beige patent from chanel and been in stored for quite sometime, guess what when she took out the patent is not as new due to color transfer. Anyone here know the price for chanel zip wallet in australia? going for holiday and might think it will be cheaper after tax refund.