Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

This was a French man carrying the guns as was concerned about his own safety with the recent terrorist attacks.
Do you live in the states? You have a much better chance standing next to someone carrying a gun everyday than you ever will in France.
Your travel agent was high to suggest Paris is unsafe for single female, esp in the tourist areas.
Go enjoy yourself and report back on all your shopping finds!!!

Yes I do live in the states

Yea ditch that agent! I travel alone all over Europe and never feel unsafe.

Book yourself or just find another agent. They are a dime a dozen and should be eager to find you a vacation of YOUR choosing.

Thanks will do. She dropped her after trying to book a NYC trip with her and she didn't know anything about the hotel
That would be staying and she had to go ask her co worker.

My travel agent won't book my trip to Paris because I would be going alone. You should be fine and have a good trip.
I booked my Paris trip in December through Travelocity. The price included air, hotel, and roundtrip ground transportation. I never use a travel agent and have used Travelocity for over 10 years with no problems. I'm going to Dubai next month, NYC in April, and back to Paris in May, all through Travelocity. And the package prices are unbeatable. :tup:

I booked my Paris trip in December through Travelocity. The price included air, hotel, and roundtrip ground transportation. I never use a travel agent and have used Travelocity for over 10 years with no problems. I'm going to Dubai next month and back to Paris in May, all through Travelocity. And the package prices are unbeatable. :tup:

Thanks

This was a French man carrying the guns as was concerned about his own safety with the recent terrorist attacks.
Do you live in the states? You have a much better chance standing next to someone carrying a gun everyday than you ever will in France.
Your travel agent was high to suggest Paris is unsafe for single female, esp in the tourist areas.
Go enjoy yourself and report back on all your shopping finds!!!

lol that made my day!

Yes I do live in the states

I also live in the states and will be going to Paris next month alone. I know a lot of females who have gone to Paris alone and, like any where you go, be aware of your surroundings, but they felt Very safe. I am super excited as this is my first trip to Paris and has been my dream for a very long time. I hope you have a great time!

I also live in the states and will be going to Paris next month alone. I know a lot of females who have gone to Paris alone and, like any where you go, be aware of your surroundings, but they felt Very safe. I am super excited as this is my first trip to Paris and has been my dream for a very long time. I hope you have a great time!

Thank you. Enjoy your trip

Is using the metro and RER easy in Paris? I am staying at the West End hotel in the 8th arrondissement and the closest metro is Franklin D. Roosevelt. which I believe has the 1 and 9 (not exactly sure what that means yet) Will it be easy to get to the Louvre, galleries Lafayette, and other museums and cool places? Thanks!

Very easy! From Franklin D, with Line 1 you can go to the Jardin de Tuilleries, Louvre, La Defense (the modern part of Paris) and line 9 takes you to La Tour d'Eiffel, Galeries Lafayette, Les Printemps, without changing the metro.

I went by myself in December and felt super safe walking late at night by myself. I'll be returning in May. I suggest you get a copy of Rick Steves' guide book. It was really helpful and covers things like transportation in great detail. I took it everywhere. One of the best recommendations I got from his site was the dinner cruise on The Calife. That was my fave excursion. www.calife.com :tup: