Paris haul

Congratulations with your haul!! Can I know what is the model of your Chanel bag and the price pls?

It looks fantastic!
Thank you, I don't have the model number right now but it's called filigree flap on the website. I got the medium size and it's €3100. Let me know if you can't find it and need the number, I'll look when I'm home.

Thank you ladies, I did have a fun trip and a great experience shopping there.

I planned ahead and brought an extra luggage with me, I also packed light to start.

As for packing, I "Inceptioned" them [emoji23]. I put my smaller clothing items into the shoes boxes, then put those into the bigger bag boxes. The boxes go into the check-in suitcase. Then I folded my clothes around the boxes to pad them.

I hand carried all the goodies with me since I didn't want them checked in. Surprisingly, they all fit into one carry-on. Luckily I'm a small bag kinda gal so I didn't buy anything too large.

Here are the rest of the items, enjoy!

Medium Diorama and earrings. These aren't the classic because I didn't like how those look on me. These ones show the cannage design much better. View attachment 3699137View attachment 3699138

Petite malle and monogram shawl. View attachment 3699139

Very simple Iriza.View attachment 3699140
Major WOWEE & biggest Congrats!! I love everything but most especially that Diorama & earrings...they look lovely on you! Fabulous haul! :love::loveeyes::girlsigh:

Just got back from Paris and finally unpacked my goodies!View attachment 3698171

Went to Rue Cambon first but they didn't have the filigree flap in the color I want, only the black and white. Luckily they had my size in these ballerinas. View attachment 3698173

The SA checked the bag I wanted and it was available at the St Honore location. A brief walk later and it's mine! No luck with lamb skin espadrille though. View attachment 3698181

Finally picked up these babies at Heathrow, not the color I wanted but couldn't pass on the price. However, the color is growing on me and goes with a lot of things I own. Pic of the trio. View attachment 3698182

Thanks for letting me share![emoji4]
Congrats on the amazing haul- I just got the same ballerina flats and love them.

Did you have to pay tax on your way in? That's my main concern with a huge haul. If they check and find all these luxury goods with boxes then the airport will definitely hit with duty which is significant at least in Aus.

Did you have to pay tax on your way in? That's my main concern with a huge haul. If they check and find all these luxury goods with boxes then the airport will definitely hit with duty which is significant at least in Aus.
I did because of the same concern. I did not want to ruin the end of my vacation by having my stuff confiscated or slapped with a huge fine. I didn't felt like doing math and conversion while on vacation so I just declared an estimate.

I think if I had managed to get through customs and immigration during the rush, they probably would've just waved me through. However, because I was one of the last few ones to get through, they took a closer look at my declaration and pulled us aside.

The customs officer was very nice. He had to look up how much to tax us then said "I like honest people who declare so I'm gonna give you a break." Handbags are typically 8% but I think he ended up charging us less than 3% flat. I was so happy when I heard, because the whole time we were waiting for him look up the rates, I thought for sure all my savings with the duty I got back was just gonna go to the US government instead.

An officer (not customs) heard how much we declared and he asked "was it one bag?!" I sheepishly said it was several, and his reply was "[emoji15] still!". I don't think he's heard of this forum, because I'm sure what I spent was peanuts compared to some members here [emoji16] .

Reactions: calilily
I did because of the same concern. I did not want to ruin the end of my vacation by having my stuff confiscated or slapped with a huge fine. I didn't felt like doing math and conversion while on vacation so I just declared an estimate
I think if I had managed to get through customs and immigration during the rush, they probably would've just waved me through. However, because I was one of the last few ones to get through, they took a closer look at my declaration and pulled us aside.

The customs officer was very nice. He had to look up how much to tax us then said "I like honest people who declare so I'm gonna give you a break." Handbags are typically 8% but I think he ended up charging us less than 3% flat. I was so happy when I heard, because the whole time we were waiting for him look up the rates, I thought for sure all my savings with the duty I got back was just gonna go to the US government instead.

An officer (not customs) heard how much we declared and he asked "was it one bag?!" I sheepishly said it was several, and his reply was "[emoji15] still!". I don't think he's heard of this forum, because I'm sure what I spent was peanuts compared to some members here [emoji16] .
LOL i love the ending of the story! So happy for you that he didn't charge you a lot! Enjoy your lovely goodies!!!:yahoo:

Reactions: Clathrin

I don't know if this will help, but I read on purseblog ( http://www.********.com/boptalk/topic/vat-duty-changes-2017-declare-your-purchases ) that for the states there may be a connection between the VAT process in Europe and the US Customs office so it's best to declare. In the US, my friend had a similar experience as Clathrin where the customs officer gave her a break for being honest and charged her the 3% instead of the full 9% on all leather goods.