Paraty owners - tell me about the handles

I got mine in nov 2008 and still no problems, I traveled a lot with it and it has been stuffed with books/magazines etc. I even took it to the coin bank with $72 dollars of coins in it (yes I know that sounds crazy but it's true!)

It seems pretty sturdy so far, don't use it every day as I rotate my bags but it still looks very good condition etc.

Very sturdy handles; I have the tote/shopper, so they take all the weight when the bag is stuffed. But, same as others, some problems with the hardware sticking. The main issue I've had with the handles is that they've gotten a big scuffed. Maybe from the hardware? Or maybe I've been too careless... :blush:

the oval metal ring on my paraty handle fell off! My nutmeg paraty is brand new and I haven't even used it yet! Took it out of the dustbag today and to my horror, a tiny screw fell off... after examination, it realised it came from the handle - and it was part of the oval metal trim on the handle it self.

I was too upset when it happened (forgot to take photos to share with you all), but I rang up the Chloe boutique here in Singapore and they were lovely about it. I've since sent it down for repair... they said it might take a while to repair (about a month!) but I don't mind the waiting time! I just want it fixed!

I dont know why my paraty is like that :sad:. After spending all this money, you'd think the bag would not start falling to pieces even before I start using it...*sob*

:cry:

I have a Brick Paraty, and it really is well (abused) used!!
The handles sometimes get a little stuck, but they still look perfect after a year of heavy use!!!
I adore the Paraty, and have to say love it so much, and admire the quality of it! anyone seen the Beige in real life??

same thing that happened to mybleutulip happened to me. Got my large nutmeg in Feb-2010 but only used it on days when it wasn't snowing. i was only able to enjoy her this April, and used her for 12 consecutive days. On the 12th day, i saw one oval ring totally misplaced. The screw at the back came off. I was upset bec. I didnt expect this to happen after using it for I'd say, a total of 20x only. Brought it to our local bags restoration shop since there is no Chloe boutique near our place. Paid $15 for a tiny screw but at the same time, asked them to tighten all screw points. Everything's fine now but with this quality issue (this has never happened to any of my LV's, Fendi, MJ, Prada, Burberry and coach!), am now having second thoughts on whether I should get a Marcie.

Oh no, this is the first I have heard anything going wrong with the Paraty hardware! I have several Paratys - my favorite bag of all-time - and I have yet to have a problem with any of them, no problems period. I hope this is an uncommon occurrence. I am sorry that this happened to you girls.