Paranoia regarding LV purchasing & when your SO purchases for you.

melikemochi said:
I know many of us on the purse forum have regular SA they purchase from... but what of those who do not purchase often and do not know the SAs?

After picking out the item I would like to purchase, checking it for flaws, and letting the SA know this is the one I want... they usually go in the back to package it up for you while you pay. I do not actually get to see them put that particular item into the dustbag and box and wrap it up. Then they just hand you the item all wrapped nicely in the LV shopping bag. I don't know about everyone else but I am always paranoid about:
1) Whether they gave me the EXACT SAME bag as the one I had picked out and not some other one that may have flaws. Maybe they got it mixed up or purposely switched it.
2) Did they include everything that comes with the bag?? (Including a dust bag in the right size and the lock, and the box that comes with the lock?)
Last time I purchased the SA put the lock on for me and did not give me the box for it! I do not know if she just gave me a used one that was lying around or if she simply forgot to include the box. Nevertheless I do not leave the lock on my bag and now I do not have the original box to store it in. It's just a box but it sucks nevertheless!! So yes, now... as much as I would like to open my new LV items, wrapped like a present, in the comfort of my own home... I feel the need to open it a few feet outside the LV store where there might be benchs and check to make sure everything is okay like a crazy woman!

Also, after reading hk1004's post about her ordeal returning her trouville it occured to me that SAs may try to take advantage of our significant others or dear hubbys and other male friends who may be purchasing items. I have found that women are more likely than men to check every detail on the bag for flaws of any kind or severity before purchasing where as men... I can sooo picture my SO doing this.. simply walk in, ask for the one you want, and say 'pack it up' and leave right afterwards. Most guys don't know to check for flaws, or make sure the dustbag is there and in a size that fits. In hk1004's case the SA gave her hubby a used/display item and then blamed them when they tried to exchange!! They almost were unable to exchange as they were blamed for the flaws. :rant: I am always afriad if my SO purchases for me. What if he comes back without a dustbag? In my experience stores often refuse to give you another one. Worse yet, what if he comes back with a used bag? Or a scratched one? Or a stained one? :wtf:

So yes, now I feel super paranoid! :shrugs:

Oh and last point, I have read so many posts about people given a hard time by SA when exchanging. The SA's don't own LV, it doesn't cost them anything to exchange especially if the customer is given something that is flawed so I don't get why some feel the need to be so mean and rude about it.

I Totally understand ! I remember going to LV and just getting a luggage tag and it was one that I specifically selected, the vachetta all nice and new. Then, the SA when into the back, and came out with the item packaged. I just left the store not thinking anything really. I got home, plopped onto my bed, and opened the box, and lo and behold, what do I notice right off the bat....

The Luggage tag is old and worse (!) It was dirty with what appeared like someone with oily hands had touched it.

I went back the next day, and made a little bit of scene and basically asked them why the thing I choose was not the thing they put in the box.

I get fed up when they go to "the back" to do something - I'd rather he just wrap it in front of me.

Basta!

LoL (there goes my Italian coming out of me)

Hi I'm like most of you here who asks if the purse is brand new, and my husband was with me, and he also asked for a brand new one - as he knows I never like to buy things on display. Its just the way I am. Not even if someone offers me a discount! And the purse that I bought was a MC Black Rift. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with asking questions, and making sure I buy something brand new. And when the SA brought out another MC Black Rift - it was brand new, with the tissue paper in the purse, and obviously brand new, where as the one the SA showed me, looked a little like a display purse. And today - I called a LV store, as I'm interested in knowing if they could tell me prices over the phone. And one of my questions - could I call and insist on making sure my purse is not a display bag. That is something that is important to me - and the SA that she could promise me this - as my sister lives in Vancouver - and I'm just making a back-up plan if I can't make it to Vancouver this weekend. lol And I asked, do the wallets come with dustbags, and she said, yes the new ones come with dust bags, as from reading this forum, I want to make sure I get the full service lol. I also asked my other important question to me - my preference is to buy something made in France. And she said, sure, we could make sure to check - and this SA really was nice to talk with on the phone. And I added my name to receive a Le Catalogue. I feel so well informed lol. Thanks to everyone here!!!

And the SA I had in Edmonton wrapped the brand new LV bag right in front of me. And I felt so lucky to get a box, as the other customer didn't get a box - which I thought was odd. As the other SA just put the purse in a bag without a box. And the purse wasn't that big of a purse to not get a box. :shrugs:

I think what I'll do, is go scope out the LV store, and peek at the SA who wraps everything in front of the customer's and who gives boxes lol. I'm only joking!!! But I think if we are going to spend a lot of money on a bag, maybe we should all get full service. :tender:

melikemochi said:
Also, after reading hk1004's post about her ordeal returning her trouville it occured to me that SAs may try to take advantage of our significant others or dear hubbys and other male friends who may be purchasing items. I have found that women are more likely than men to check every detail on the bag for flaws of any kind or severity before purchasing where as men... I can sooo picture my SO doing this.. simply walk in, ask for the one you want, and say 'pack it up' and leave right afterwards. Most guys don't know to check for flaws, or make sure the dustbag is there and in a size that fits. In hk1004's case the SA gave her hubby a used/display item and then blamed them when they tried to exchange!! They almost were unable to exchange as they were blamed for the flaws. :rant: I am always afriad if my SO purchases for me. What if he comes back without a dustbag? In my experience stores often refuse to give you another one. Worse yet, what if he comes back with a used bag? Or a scratched one? Or a stained one? :wtf:

I would trust my husband completely because he is a thousand times pickier than I am. It took him a YEAR to find the right television because he didn't like the font of the brand name, or he didn't like the look of the knob, and it took him two years to buy another truck because he couldn't find one that had the right shape (don't ask me what that shape was, because I still don't know.) We were even thrown out of a car dealership (who gets thrown out of a car dealership when they are willing to spend the money) because his pickiness utterly frustrated the dealer.

The Snorks said:
I would trust my husband completely because he is a thousand times pickier than I am. It took him a YEAR to find the right television because he didn't like the font of the brand name, or he didn't like the look of the knob, and it took him two years to buy another truck because he couldn't find one that had the right shape (don't ask me what that shape was, because I still don't know.) We were even thrown out of a car dealership (who gets thrown out of a car dealership when they are willing to spend the money) because his pickiness utterly frustrated the dealer.

Haha!! Hey, buying a car is a big investment! You should be picky! Car dealers take advantage of poeple who arent well informed! I saw one car dealer completely taking advantage of a woman who did not speak english very well she was there with her daughter!!! One salesman once said to my father "your not here to buy a car, your hear to steal a car!" So rude!

dazlinpearl said:
Hi I'm like most of you here who asks if the purse is brand new, and my husband was with me, and he also asked for a brand new one - as he knows I never like to buy things on display. Its just the way I am. Not even if someone offers me a discount! And the purse that I bought was a MC Black Rift. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with asking questions, and making sure I buy something brand new. And when the SA brought out another MC Black Rift - it was brand new, with the tissue paper in the purse, and obviously brand new, where as the one the SA showed me, looked a little like a display purse. And today - I called a LV store, as I'm interested in knowing if they could tell me prices over the phone. And one of my questions - could I call and insist on making sure my purse is not a display bag. That is something that is important to me - and the SA that she could promise me this - as my sister lives in Vancouver - and I'm just making a back-up plan if I can't make it to Vancouver this weekend. lol And I asked, do the wallets come with dustbags, and she said, yes the new ones come with dust bags, as from reading this forum, I want to make sure I get the full service lol. I also asked my other important question to me - my preference is to buy something made in France. And she said, sure, we could make sure to check - and this SA really was nice to talk with on the phone. And I added my name to receive a Le Catalogue. I feel so well informed lol. Thanks to everyone here!!!

And the SA I had in Edmonton wrapped the brand new LV bag right in front of me. And I felt so lucky to get a box, as the other customer didn't get a box - which I thought was odd. As the other SA just put the purse in a bag without a box. And the purse wasn't that big of a purse to not get a box. :shrugs:

I think what I'll do, is go scope out the LV store, and peek at the SA who wraps everything in front of the customer's and who gives boxes lol. I'm only joking!!! But I think if we are going to spend a lot of money on a bag, maybe we should all get full service. :tender:

As far as I know, SAs are not allowed to sell bags that have been on display and have any sort of marks on them. As a matter of fact, when I went to get my Manhattan, after trying on a display model, I decided to get it, so I handed the bag to a SA and told her I wanted to buy it. She told me that she is going to have to go in the storage room and bring me a new one because they are not allowed to sell display pieces.:shrugs: That display model would have been fine with me because it wasn't dirty or anything but SA said NO. I got a little annoyed because I was in a rush and I had to wait for her to come back with a new bag but I guess if that's their policy, then there is nothing I could do. The Manhattan GM I got didn't come with the box either. I really don't really care for boxes as I toss them in the garbage as soon as I get home anyways. They put the bag in the giant shopping paper bag.
Every time I buy a bag they always ask if it's a gift and if I need a box. I just say NO. So far EVERY bag I paid for over the phone and picked up at the store later was packed in the LV box. I know that LV boutiques inside HR don't have boxes most of the time because they don't have enough storage room.