Pandora versus Trollbeads

LindaP said:
LOVE your choices!!

Thanks. I can not wait to get more. My husband says I need to wait a minute lol. I went into the store the other day just to look around. My next purchase will be another glass bead. I went to adamas for everything but the giraffe. They didn't have it in stock. Which I love giraffes so my husband was nice enough to hunt one down for me. So now my bracelet is a little off balance. I downloaded the pandora app on my ipad2 so I have my wish list all planned out. So he has easy shopping lol :smile:

Thanks. I can not wait to get more. My husband says I need to wait a minute lol. I went into the store the other day just to look around. My next purchase will be another glass bead. I went to adamas for everything but the giraffe. They didn't have it in stock. Which I love giraffes so my husband was nice enough to hunt one down for me. So now my bracelet is a little off balance. I downloaded the pandora app on my ipad2 so I have my wish list all planned out. So he has easy shopping lol :smile:

Awesome! Must be nice to have that app. Trollbeads should have one! :smile:

Awww, you have a great hubby! That Pandora app is fun and I like how I can set which beads I have and which I want, keeps me organized. So what glass bead are you thinking of next? There are some lovely muranos coming out ..I think it's going to be in March. There are lots of pics here -

http://www.charmsaddict.com/page/2/

I went to the website. There our several items that I would like to get. But I seem to like all the pandora and troll beads lol. I a m debating if I should get a turquoise murano glass bead or stay with the pink. I like murano glass bead 790619 it has flower on it and it's pink. Or the turquoise one with the polka dots or the flowers. I do like the idea of the frog charm having a little gold crown.

i vote for both..PANDORA plus TROLLBEADS!!
i started my pandora in january...and suddenly i bought my first trollbeads charm that i add on a simply bracelet!!..i think they have different souls......and i love both!!

now i'm debating with my self on what to buy every week!!!..i thought..it is better if i finish first my pandora..(i'm 1/3 on the way to finish it)..then i will start my trollbeads bracelet!!..in my trollbeads's shop i will have a special offer on june..bracelet for free if i buy a lock!!..i think i'll go for that!!

I am really tempted to jump on the bandwagon that is Pandora, but I can't help feel its all a big con. Does anybody else feel this way? I mean, a full bracelet, even in silver, will add up to hundreds of pounds - up to a thousand even! For that sort of money there are all sorts of better quality pieces out there that aren't made of silver which is a seriously cheap metal at the end of the day.

If you can persuade me its worth it I might start a bracelet. Will be interested in your thoughts.

^Speaking about TBs only since I don't have any Pandora, it's not about the cost of the material. It's about the ability to put your own bracelet together, reassemble at will and the enjoyment of wearing, collecting and sharing the beads. It's not something you can be persuaded into; either you get it or you don't. Also, TB has been around since 1976, so if it's a con, it's been working for a long time!:roflmfao:

I have Tiffany & Cartier pieces and they are nice. But anyone with the $$ can go into the store and buy the exact same thing. Where's the uniqueness, the "it" quality that makes it mine? With beads, anyone can buy the same beads, but the chance of someone assembling their bracelet exactly like mine are slim to none.

It's like the Louboutin shoes...people love and pay huge amounts of $$ for them. I don't get it; once you put them on and the red gets scratched, doesn't the value immediately plummet? I'd rather get a few (or lots!) pairs of cute shoes that I don't have to baby as I clomp about town or sit prettily on a stool. I obviously, don't get it. :lol:

^Speaking about TBs only since I don't have any Pandora, it's not about the cost of the material. It's about the ability to put your own bracelet together, reassemble at will and the enjoyment of wearing, collecting and sharing the beads. It's not something you can be persuaded into; either you get it or you don't. Also, TB has been around since 1976, so if it's a con, it's been working for a long time!:roflmfao:

I have Tiffany & Cartier pieces and they are nice. But anyone with the $$ can go into the store and buy the exact same thing. Where's the uniqueness, the "it" quality that makes it mine? With beads, anyone can buy the same beads, but the chance of someone assembling their bracelet exactly like mine are slim to none.

It's like the Louboutin shoes...people love and pay huge amounts of $$ for them. I don't get it; once you put them on and the red gets scratched, doesn't the value immediately plummet? I'd rather get a few (or lots!) pairs of cute shoes that I don't have to baby as I clomp about town or sit prettily on a stool. I obviously, don't get it. :lol:

This! I've never been much of a jewelry person at all, to me it was a waste of money. However, once I tried out creating my own bracelets it was all over, that changed everything! Suddenly it became fun and meaningful. I readily admit that both are overpriced but the lure of so many choices to create your own unique look is irresistible. :graucho:

For me Pandora is Simply meaningful..cause i only buy beads that remind me My life!!
Trollbeads has a completely different meaning for me..i like fairies..trolls..elfs..butterfly..flowers..and all around magic..i Will start it for this reason..i already have a butterfly..For me it means freedom ;)
Is not a waste of money if you think is meaningful..IMHO!! ;)

My sister flew out on Thursday for her visit to see me in Cali! It was a momentous event, and we celebrated by going out and buying each other beads!
She bought us matching buddha beads at the Pandora shop in San Francisco. we had alot of fun looking around, and in all honesty, I did like the Pandora buddha more than the Trollbead, so this is my first Pandora! I feel like it blends well with my Trollbeads.. VERY happy with him! My sister bought an orange cord to wear him on, and I wasn't interested in the cord, but I would like to get an orange bead now!
Then we went to a Trollbead retailer on Pier 39, and though we didn't get matching beads (we had the HARDEST time trying to find a Trollbead that we liked that they had 2 of... it was nuts) I bought us some cute beads... She got pink desert to go with her buddha, and I got a lotus flower and FINALLY got myself a stopper!
Phew!
It was FUN!!!
Sadly, she is already on her way back to NJ... But she really loved visiting, and I hope that she flies out again really soon!! Now we have our buddha beads to remember our trip!

My sister flew out on Thursday for her visit to see me in Cali! It was a momentous event, and we celebrated by going out and buying each other beads!
She bought us matching buddha beads at the Pandora shop in San Francisco. we had alot of fun looking around, and in all honesty, I did like the Pandora buddha more than the Trollbead, so this is my first Pandora! I feel like it blends well with my Trollbeads.. VERY happy with him! My sister bought an orange cord to wear him on, and I wasn't interested in the cord, but I would like to get an orange bead now!
Then we went to a Trollbead retailer on Pier 39, and though we didn't get matching beads (we had the HARDEST time trying to find a Trollbead that we liked that they had 2 of... it was nuts) I bought us some cute beads... She got pink desert to go with her buddha, and I got a lotus flower and FINALLY got myself a stopper!
Phew!
It was FUN!!!
Sadly, she is already on her way back to NJ... But she really loved visiting, and I hope that she flies out again really soon!! Now we have our buddha beads to remember our trip!
the buddha is a very cute bead!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Phew!
It was FUN!!!

Your first Pandora, how exciting!! It's great that their beads will fit on Troll, next we'll need a picci!

How close are you two in age? It's so much fun to share bead collecting with someone, I love to go shopping with my daughter when she's home from college and help her out with her collection. :smile:

Your first Pandora, how exciting!! It's great that their beads will fit on Troll, next we'll need a picci!

How close are you two in age? It's so much fun to share bead collecting with someone, I love to go shopping with my daughter when she's home from college and help her out with her collection. :smile:

We are 4 years apart, she is my younger sister. Gah! I just realized now that we didn't take a pic of us with our bracelets side by side!!! Gah! Oh well. I will post a pic very soon! The buddha looks GREAT.