Pale Pink Twiggy Bin $699

This is a really pretty color, but I have heard that this color can fade, and fade in patches. I think there was a lady on the PF who bought a pale rose, and applied apple garde, and it turned slightly yellow? So she was going to return it....wondering if she did or not. I like this alot but it would break my heart to see it change color! Any thoughts?

^^ Agent_Stealth, I have a pale rose city. It is one of the most beautiful colors IMO. It hasn't faded at all. I'm sure they can fade, but most all light Balenciaga colors can fade too over long periods of time. Even if it did fade it would still be worth it to me because this color is soo pretty. :heart:

Thank you Pewter! I tried to e-mail the seller regarding the condition of the bag, if there are any already faded/ discolored areas, and I haven't gotten any answer.

I am really going back and forth on this bag, it's such a beauty!

The seller doesn't answer emails....
Confirm that! I am afraid that since the pictures don't "capture" the true color of the bag so I can't determine if this is faded or not. I remember going to NM in Vegas and seeing a pale pink hobo hanging on a stand. I did a double take and wasn't sure what color it was, it was that beigy-pink that I had read about. Maybe just exposure to light, any kind of light changes the color? If only the seller can take a picture and show the mirror next to the bag!

I love the color of this bag and BNY still has some. BUT several SA's have said to avoid this color. They could have sold me one so there must really be a problem with this color.:confused1:

maybe it's prolonged direct sunlight that changes the color and makes it yellowy? because i have a pale pink coin purse and it's perfect since the day i got it. i sprayed with AG. :shrugs:

yeah my pale pink's been perfectly fine too... but it doesn't sit in the sun, maybe that makes it fade..

all bbag colours fade.. i would think that on a pale pale colour like this, fading would be less noticeable.. it would just go from pinkish to beigeish at worst, which is fine by me..

I just meant their pics don't fully capture how pretty this color is because they don't seem to be taken in direct sunlight or with flash. The color of the bag looks right though and doesn't look faded at all. I'm sure this bag would fade, like all bbags do, but I think it would take a long period of time for it to be noticeable.

Well I don't know about that. It's the only time I have has SA's say I would avoid that color, period. Others on this forum were told the same thing. I don't think the problem with this bag is normal fading over a period of years. I think it's fast and splotchy. Call Balenciaga, they can explain the problem better than I can. I love that color and was definately going to get one, but when they told me that, I changed my mind. So sad because I adore that color. :confused1:
I decided to wait.... I am sure in a year or so they will be popping up on Ebay. Then see what they look like. I wouldn't mind if it faded, but I don't want a splotchy polka dot bag.:graucho: