Paddys! Which year was the best?

Aw, why no love for the 07? :P

I love my 07 paddy - it's the only one I haven't sold! Sold/traded away my 05 and 06s. Leather is a fairly personal preference I guess.

vivi1205 - I find that my 07 paddy leather is smoother than any earlier years, but it still has lovely little wrinkles and folds, and you can still see the grain of the leather, it doesn't look plasticy or fake at all :nogood:

I went and got my 07 out to showcase the smoosh capabilities! Photo of when I first got it, brand new with nothing in it, and second photo when I just pulled it out of the wardrobe, empty again, showing how the stiffness has really gone. I've had her for 9 months.:heart: My choco is my favourite paddy - I'll take any excuse to show her off!:P

Attachments

• IMG_0620wm.jpg
    IMG_0620wm.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3432wmnow.jpg
    IMG_3432wmnow.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 49
Awww Mica, you're too sweet :heart:! Thanks for the pics and the optimism! I guess I'm just nervous...esp after I read in some old post, that 05 and 06 had smooshier leather than 07 and 08. I guess I need to see them IRL before I judge! Me----->:wondering waiting until my package arrives...

I would recomment 05 or 06 for the gorgeousness factor of the leather for these 2 years. But people have made the comment that the new paddys leather is still very nice and the construction has gotten more lightweight - which is one factor as to why I don't tend to use my paddington that much - mine is an 05 though and so lovely - I love the smell!

Well I am a newbie so this is a 'newbie' point of view. I have only my 06 paddy - that I won't take out (ha, ha), and seen (and felt - seems illegal) some 08's to go by, but they were both lovely.

Unless you are a hard core, multiple bag puchasers you are just going to be head over heels in love. And I think Qwerty's photos were a great example that the leather will change anyhow depending on how much you use it. I know this from my pony clubbing days - how you look after your leather makes a big difference to its suppleness and longevity. I say, don't worry, be happy!!!:P

I own a choco baby paddy from 06 and the leather is amazing, so soft, squishy and pebbled... Maybe it was made with remainders from 05 leather!
I owned an 07 muscade regular paddy and it was very stiff...

I have to say my 06 is my least favourite?! 07 bags looking too smooth is rubbish as far as i'm concerned! My 07 is actually as pebbly and soft as my 05 and i love it (might also be that it's one of my favourite colours!). Luckily there's not as much variation through bags and seasons in leather/appearance as in some other brands! :smile:

Thanks for the input gals :flowers:! I'm actually on a mini holiday where there are stores (I live in the country) and had an opportunity to visit Bloomies yesterday and actually saw, touched, sniffed, tried on the newest paddy (would that be an 09?) and LOVED her! She was terribly light weight and the leather is TDF. I'm not as nervous now whilst I await my 07 :shame:. Today I'm going to Neimans and Nordies! I will try to behave!

could have been a 2008 paddy! they have changed the leather they use! they are a lot lighter now! but i must admit nothing has beaten the 05 leather i had on the tan paddy! im expecting a very special 05 paddy soon!!!very excited!

Oh b*m*b!! You have an 05 coming your way?!?! I'm so excited for you :woohoo:! I can't wait to see pics! Yeah, I didn't check what year that Bloomies paddy was. I was all nerves :sweatdrop: whilst I took pics with my cell (which I don't even know how to post pics from) without getting in trouble!