Paddy problem: colour chipps off on one handle

Tanja said:
I just wrote them with a pic and wait for them to come back to me on Monday. Seems like nobody else has this problem so I guess I got a bad bag. I hope that they take it back but usually it has 12 months warranty.

Sorry to hear that. You're doing right about trying to return this. For the price you paid, this shouldn't be happening. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

I had the same problem with my Ivory Paddy. I used it for one day and the painted part of the handles started cracking. I ended up returning it due to that. I'm thinking that maybe someone else had returned the one I received, not sure though. I still want the Ivory Paddy though!

I think for the price that there should be NO defects. I mean, I understand about the leather having "natural" markings, but not pieces rubbing off! We are supposedly paying for quality (along with the Chloe logo), so this should not be happening. Let us know what NAP tells you. The color is gorgeous aside from that chip! Can see it much better in this pic than the first ones you posted. Good luck!

Thanks, girls you are great.
My husband actually thinks that this isn't a fault because when you use the bag it's a mechanical movement between 2 different materials the leather and the hardware and for him that's natural and not a quality issue. I understand where he's coming from but becauses nobody else has this problem IMO it's a fault. It makes me really sad to send her back because I just love her so much and I don't want to be without a paddy for a couple of weeks.

Tanja said:
Thanks, girls you are great.
My husband actually thinks that this isn't a fault because when you use the bag it's a mechanical movement between 2 different materials the leather and the hardware and for him that's natural and not a quality issue. I understand where he's coming from but becauses nobody else has this problem IMO it's a fault. It makes me really sad to send her back because I just love her so much and I don't want to be without a paddy for a couple of weeks.

I say trust your instinct - if it seems like a fault, it probably is :sad:. The 2 weeks without her will be well worth the wait :biggrin:

tod said:
I say trust your instinct - if it seems like a fault, it probably is :sad:. The 2 weeks without her will be well worth the wait :biggrin:
You are right:biggrin: but it's my favourite at the mo and because of the ****ty weather more insensitive to it than my Louis with all that vachetta. Thank you all for your kind words. I'll see on Monday the response of NAP. I hope that they don't make a hassle out of it because I hate returning things:sad:

Im away from my paddy now:sad2: , I need to wait for 4 weeks. I return back to Chloe Lafayette because of the bad peeling problem. They will send it to Italy. One day after purchased, its already peeling in one of the rivets! But now its everywhere. I only used it for 3 times!
Hmm..about the leather, I had the same problem.. It doesnt really bother me. But the peeling, I cant stand it, thats why i return it back. But they wanted to exchange it for a new one, but they only have the new color that time. So I decided to wait...i really miss my Paddy:shame: I love the Paddy, but the quality maybe not that GREAT!
Tanja,,I hope they could do the same to u, send it for repair when u really not happy!!!
Keep us inform.

Hi Tanja,

Just thinking of you:smile: How did it go? Did NAP reply? Will you be sending your Paddy for repairs or will they swap you a new one?

Hope everything goes well.

Ika, sorry to hear about yours too. Wow, 4 weeks! That's a long time to be away from your paddy.

*hugs* for both of you:smile:

ika2005 said:
Im away from my paddy now:sad2: , I need to wait for 4 weeks. I return back to Chloe Lafayette because of the bad peeling problem. They will send it to Italy. One day after purchased, its already peeling in one of the rivets! But now its everywhere. I only used it for 3 times!
Hmm..about the leather, I had the same problem.. It doesnt really bother me. But the peeling, I cant stand it, thats why i return it back. But they wanted to exchange it for a new one, but they only have the new color that time. So I decided to wait...i really miss my Paddy:shame: I love the Paddy, but the quality maybe not that GREAT!
Tanja,,I hope they could do the same to u, send it for repair when u really not happy!!!
Keep us inform.

It will be worth the wait :smile:

Hi - I have a similar but different Paddy Problem - I have two anthracites - regular and a baby. The baby is fine but the regular is starting to look like it was a metallic silver paddington that was spray-painted anthracite. The handles are a MESS - you can see where the anthracite has worn off and the silver is coming through and the sides are practically a flat gray with no metallic at all! I bought the swarovski crystal lock and the leather underneath were it rubs is almost all silver ! Has anyone else had this problem with the anthracite?
Debi

In my experience the Chloe boutiques can only fix/repair bags that were bought from their store. I mentioned in a different thread, my friend's met. silver paddy was chipping and cracking so she took it to the chloe boutique. They were very nice and aware of the problem but said she had to take it back to the store she bought it from. It was ron herman, they took it back and she got a different bag.