Paddington at LVR

SerenitySue said:
Nawth21, thanks for the info! It's good to know they take CCs for Paddies at least! TT is such a pain and bank fees are ridiculous.

Hmm, wrt social security number, we don't have that here in Australia (except for those on welfare). So I think maybe they'll ask for driver's licence #?? Anyone in Australia, NZ or non-US who ordered from LVR before, do they still ask for a social sec # or something else?

If you look at their shipping policies, some countries have duties pre-paid and included in their price, while others (like the U.S.) have to pay duties individually after the purchase. I am not sure if Australia is one of those, but you should be able to find it on their list if you look under shipping information.

Aus is one of those countries like the US where we pay after purchase. So, Fedex will likely ask for some info but I think they'll know not to ask a social sec # when dealing with Aus, lol! Just wondering what info they'll need instead though. Coz if it's something like my tax file number, I consider that sacred and that's not a piece of info I'm comfortable giving anybody except the tax office. They can have my CC, driver's licence, medicare card #, passport #, all of the above, lol, but not my tax file number.

My Paddy will be here tomorrow...here's a breakdown of what I've paid so far

$1120.27 - bag + shipping
$39.21 - Mastercard conversion fee of 3.5%

I'm estimating the duties will be around $112

Grand total - $1271.48...ordering from Chloe would have been $1647.40

LVR all the way baby...

I've never had a problem with their customer service. I call Christina Directly at least once a week...I'm on the east coast and I call her between the hours of 9 and 11am.

dee-dee said:
My Paddy will be here tomorrow...here's a breakdown of what I've paid so far

$1120.27 - bag + shipping
$39.21 - Mastercard conversion fee of 3.5%

I'm estimating the duties will be around $112

Grand total - $1271.48...ordering from Chloe would have been $1647.40

LVR all the way baby...

I've never had a problem with their customer service. I call Christina Directly at least once a week...I'm on the east coast and I call her between the hours of 9 and 11am.

what is that for?? thanks for the breakdown btw :lol:

Hi All,

I live in Australia and this is my first post (although I have been an avid reader of the site for sometime- sparking a HIDEOUS addiction to fabulous handbags) so I hope I don't stuff up!:worried:

Anyway, I splashed out and purchased my first Paddington last week from NAP- chocolate med. pocket. It was $1620 US dollars which worked out to be $1773 Australian dollars (which included a $40 bank conversion fee). In addition, DHL charged me $325 for Australian customs duties etc..

Unfortunately, when I opened my beautiful NAP box and took out the bag, it had no lock and no key!! :sad2: Hence I have now returned the bag to NAP (a very easy process) and am waiting on them to contact me regarding sending out another- hopefully perfect- paddy.

I was suprised that there were no chloe tags on the bag when it arrived from NAP. Is this usual? I would quite like to have the chloe tag, just in case I decide to resell later on.

I hope this assists (although I realise it is not about LVR)

jimmyc said:
Hi All,

I live in Australia and this is my first post (although I have been an avid reader of the site for sometime- sparking a HIDEOUS addiction to fabulous handbags) so I hope I don't stuff up!:worried:

Anyway, I splashed out and purchased my first Paddington last week from NAP- chocolate med. pocket. It was $1620 US dollars which worked out to be $1773 Australian dollars (which included a $40 bank conversion fee). In addition, DHL charged me $325 for Australian customs duties etc..

Unfortunately, when I opened my beautiful NAP box and took out the bag, it had no lock and no key!! :sad2: Hence I have now returned the bag to NAP (a very easy process) and am waiting on them to contact me regarding sending out another- hopefully perfect- paddy.

I was suprised that there were no chloe tags on the bag when it arrived from NAP. Is this usual? I would quite like to have the chloe tag, just in case I decide to resell later on.

My Chloe from Ron Herman had no tag either. The one from LVR did come with a tag, though. Wow...I hope you don't have to pay the customs fee twice! That is pretty steep! Please post pics of your bag when it arrives (again)! I am thinking about this bag for my collection.:biggrin:

Welcome jimmyc and nice to meet a fellow Aussie! Whereabouts are you? I'm in Vic:smile:

Hey thanks for the NAP info. Sheesh, that really sucks that it came with no lock and key! I hope they'll swap you a new one in no time. Please keep us posted.

Regarding the shipment, how many days did it take altogether from the time you placed your order to the time it was delivered to your door? Did DHL ask for any info from you to fill out and fax back first or did they just send the parcel to you together with an invoice for the duty?

Hi Serenity Sue, I live in Sydney!...the only Chloe stockists in Sydney are, as far as I am aware, David Jones and Robby Ingram stores- and they only get deliveries once or twice per year. Hence the need to purchase from O/S.

I ordered my paddy from NAP on Friday 3 March and received it on Thursday 9 March. DHL rang me the day before it was delivered just to check that I would was "happy"(!!) to pay the customs duties. The DHL invoice then arrived in the mail the next day. I did not have to complete any forms for DHL.

NAP today sent me an e-mail to say that they have received my returned paddy and it is currently undergoing all necessary quality checks. They indicated that it usually takes approx. 5 working days for the exchange to be processed and then another 2-3 days to reach Australia. Thank goodness I am not in a hurry for my bag!!!

ETenebris- yes, I will try and post pics when she arrives from London (although I have no idea how to do this!). I saw that you purchased the large paddy pocket- it looked fantastic on you. I was a bit worried that the medium size would be too small but it is actually quite large and you can wear it comfortably on the shoulder.

jimmyc said:
ETenebris- yes, I will try and post pics when she arrives from London (although I have no idea how to do this!). I saw that you purchased the large paddy pocket- it looked fantastic on you. I was a bit worried that the medium size would be too small but it is actually quite large and you can wear it comfortably on the shoulder.

YAY! I am happy to hear that they are getting another bag out to you (even though it is SO hard to wait!). I am also glad to hear that it is a fairly good size. The big pocket is REALLY big, so I think I may order the medium chocolate. Not sure if I will keep my BP yet or not.
:shame:

jimmyc said:
Hi All,

HI Jimmyc. Welcome! :P It does help because a smooth return is rather important if I'm shelling out a dozen or more benjamins for this bag. It's great that they didn't give you any hassle for the return. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to see the bag home, and then having to send back/start all over again with the wait! That would drive me nuts!!

Congrats on your new paddy :love:

nawth21 said:
CC companies will sometimes charge a % based fee for converting currencies ie US dollar to Euro

That's good to know!!! Although it's not a lot of $$ relative to the bag itself, y'know? I remembered using my credit card overseas and I was charged a more "expensive" exchange rate (less foreign currency for my USD). But I didn't know that they'd charge a %. :wacko: