P E T A's Annual Worst Dressed List !!

Yea...I was wondering about Beyonce.

I don't know where she landed on the list, but they did do this (found this on furisdead.com):

Beyoncé Gets Served on Fur

We’ve faxed polite letters to her, mailed her videos, and held lively rallies outside her concerts. We even ran a full-page open letter to her in Billboard magazine. The only thing that PETA hasn’t tried to do to reach Beyoncé about the suffering of animals killed for their fur is to have a frank discussion with her over dinner—until last week. A recent eBay auction offered fans a chance to have dinner with Beyoncé, and PETA—unbeknownst to Beyoncé—placed the winning bid, giving us an unusual opportunity to talk to her directly about the chinchillas who are electrocuted for their pelts and how other animals are gassed, strangled, or literally skinned alive before they are made into fur coats.
When Beyoncé’s car arrived to pick up her “fans,” they were whisked away to trendy New York City eatery, Nobu 57, where Beyoncé settled down for dinner and drinks along with her crew, her sister Solange, and her mother, Tina Knowles (who also happens to be the inspiration behind Beyoncé’s hideously furry fashion line).
After placing their orders, Beyoncé’s animal-loving dinner companions pelted her with questions such as “Beyoncé, many of your fans would like to know why you don’t care about how minks, foxes, and chinchillas are gassed, strangled, and electrocuted for vanity and if you might have it in your heart to recognize that fur is not only cheap and tacky but also horribly cruel?”
Before a stunned Beyoncé could react, the fur foe from PETA pulled out a portable DVD player and showed her Pamela Anderson’s exposé of the fur industry—complete with graphic video footage of animals who are trapped, drowned, and electrocuted for their pelts—and asked, “Beyoncé, your fans want you to do the right thing for animals who are skinned alive, beaten, and tortured for their fur, so if you won’t accept our DVD, will you please log onto FurIsDead.com to see the video footage that inspired people to write to PETA to help to get you to stop wearing animal skins?”
Beyoncé didn’t stick around for dessert, but PETA hopes that its message will stick—and that Destiny’s “Problem” Child will have a change of heart about fur.

As usual, everyone here seems to be construing a stand against the torture and abuse of animals as some sort of petty personal "opinion" -- like saying that one doesn't care for polyester and then makes fun of those who wear it. Should we demure to people who say it is their "personal choice" to steal stuff, or abuse disabled people, or take lunch money from school kids? It's just their choice after all -- they should be free to do as they please, right? Wearing fur = torturing animals, period. Speaking against it is a moral obligation, not a simple personal preference.

So everyone can attack me all they wish -- I will continue to try (and try and try, since so many people seem fundamentally incapable of understanding a clear and logical argument) to explain why the fur industry is nothing more than industrialized cruelty.

Call me a hypocrite, and you are right. But I buy very little leather (occassional trim on bags, which I regret) and eat no meat. I am considering boycotting all of the current designers who are trying to make fur trendy again. I protest at the local store where they sell fur. I am, also, trying to do better rather than burying my head in the sand and pretending that my selfish fashion choices do not cause agonizing pain to others.

If the women on PETA's list are really promoting fur wearing, then they are not only tacky but also heartless and cruel.

PETA is a fanatical organization that preys on the love people have for their domestic animals. They put an animals life before humans.

No one condones senseless cruelty to animals. PETA goes beyond that. If it's between animal testing or modern medicine, I will choose modern medicine 100% of the time.

I'm not sure how some of the people on this forum can be pro PETA and love leather handbags. Even if they have very little leather!!?? That's like being a little pregnant. Animals are huge contributors to this world and not just as companions. They make it possible for researchers to develop vaccines and medications that benefit us all.

I say choose HUMANS.

PETA is a fanatical organization that preys on the love people have for their domestic animals. They put an animals life before humans.

No one condones senseless cruelty to animals. PETA goes beyond that. If it's between animal testing or modern medicine, I will choose modern medicine 100% of the time.

I'm not sure how some of the people on this forum can be pro PETA and love leather handbags. Even if they have very little leather!!?? That's like being a little pregnant. Animals are huge contributors to this world and not just as companions. They make it possible for researchers to develop vaccines and medications that benefit us all.

I say choose HUMANS.

I agree 100%. Call me whatever you want, I'm sorry I'd rather save a human life then a animals. No that doesn't bother me morally either, not one bit, and I am a religious person. I don't feel like a bad person for wearing sheep skin either, it's my fav jacket, and hey it keeps me warm!

I say choose HUMANS.

Dauphene I agree with you totally!
Danica I respect your views, I did not misinterpret your comment.

I love and wear leather handbags, clothing and shoes, I am a very classy young woman who doesn't own any furs, I am not against fur wearing. If I ever do decide to get one, that would not in the least bit make me tacky! That would be like me saying, comments like that could only come from a stupid person, that would be inconsiderate, stupid and not to mention hurtful of me to say such a thing.

PETA makes me absolutely sick. And I'm with Mary J Blige. She made it clear that if PETA threw paint on any of her coats stuff was going to get ugly.

Danica, as for saying that women in fur are tacky, if you really meant that trollops who made the list, you should have been more specific. Your comment seemed to apply generally.

I own a fur and I intend to buy more because I absolutely love them. I feel no guilt and don't think anyone who wears fur should be made to feel guilty.

Anyone who can wear the STOLEN fur from a innocently murdered animals back without feeling any guilt is beyond contempt in my book. What you are wearing is not yours to have. If anyone on this board loves fur so much then would you be happy to go out, capture and skin alive an animal just for a pelt to wear? I think not. Fur farming is one of the most cruellest forms of animal abuse EVER. How dare anyone be so ignorant as to have a 'we dont care' attitude when it comes to the abhorent suffering of animals. :cursing:

Leather and meat are things that we will never be able to stop. People will always eat meat-but thats a totally different issue for adifferent day. With fur, it is a blatant disregard for animals lives and suffering and I for one cannot see how anybody with any kind of compassion can be o.k with that.

As for Mary J. blige. I wouldnt even give her the time of day anyway. She is all talk and no action. :rolleyes:

Beyonce is a typical example of someone who preaches about kindness and love and yet happily parades around in murdered animal pelts. It's unbelievable. :hysteric:

Hmmm... I don't like fur, so I simply don't buy it. I don't like eating piggies, so I don't eat pork.
I guess in this case, we all make our own choices (I don't like some of the choices others make) but we can each make our own statements by self-boycotting those things we don't agree with. : )
That's the easiest way to make a statement against those things we don't like!

Let me firstly say that I definately don't want to get into another discussion about fur or PETA, been there, done it many many times in the purse forum. I think everyone by now who has read those threads knows my views on fur, so there is no need to reiterate it here. If you'd like to have a look, please feel free to do a search.

Having said that, The women pictured are all tacky. I would never go so far as to say that all women who wear fur are tacky, because that's not how I feel. Some people have not looked into the methods for killing these animals, some people would rather not know, some I guess don't give a care, whatever the reason is, does not mean that every single woman who does wear it is tacky.
However, I am not surprised by the girls who are wearing it in this thread.

I will never understand fur, wear it, or agree with it, and that's just my personal opinion. But really my statement was meant for the tarts pictured herein.

I agree with you on only one point: the women in these pictures are certainly INCREDIBLY tacky. And can you honestly believe that those videos that PETA sends out about how "animals are skinned alive in fur farms!" are real? The Fur Council of America has sent out requests to see the verification that they really came from fur farms and have never recieved them. The only place where fur farming is done in a cruel, grusome, and dispicable manner is China. But most fine furriers do not import their furs from China. As far as I know, every fur farm in America goes through inspections from the Animal Welfare Association. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but kindly send me any proof that you have otherwise. And in all honesty, I would assume that someone who supports animal rights would not support PETA.

And one more thing: to those of you who support PETA and still wear silk, wool, cashmere, or have pets, you're going against what PETA wants. Even wearing fake fur and fake leather is agains what PETA is about since it promotes the use of those products by imitating them.

I'd draw the line at wearing only what I do (or possibly would) eat, as a rule. (well, with the obvious exception of silkworm...) I wear a lot of silk, wool & leather, but no fur.
Don't really get what this debate got to do with 'pets' though, it's the onslaught of farmed and wild animals for fashion's sake what any sane person ought to object to. Also, I have to come across yet a vegetarian pet-dog...

:Push: I had no idea peeps were talkin about me. ha! I have nothing to say at the moment except I totally respect what MandM had to say, it takes alot of guts to say in front a bit of a hostile audience who are very resolute in their views.

I'd draw the line at wearing only what I do (or possibly would) eat, as a rule. (well, with the obvious exception of silkworm...) I wear a lot of silk, wool & leather, but no fur.
Don't really get what this debate got to do with 'pets' though, it's the onslaught of farmed and wild animals for fashion's sake what any sane person ought to object to. Also, I have to come across yet a vegetarian pet-dog...

PETA has stated numerous times how they don't support pets. I'm simply stating that PETA's idea of a "perfect world" is rediculously impractical and wouldn't be liked by society, if they actually knew the FACTS about what PETA supports.