Over coach/bags?

I am cutting back on bags so far this year. I did sell a bunch last year that I no longer used but I don't really enjoy the hassle of shipping, etc. So if I don't want to bother with it all I need to not buy more. So far I have only got a gathered champagne clutch and I want to try not to buy more than two more purses at the most this year. Even then I will still have more than I use. I might just give a couple away. I wish I had friends that were into coach so we could do a purse swap. It would be nice to get the novelty of a new bag without having to add more to my collection.

TooManyWantMore said:
Another bad thing that I do is buy multiples in the same style. That has really got to stop. 4 (almost 5, it'll be here Monday) duffles, 4 Isabelle's, 2 Annabelle's...:girlsigh:. With me, I'm not crazy about every style so when I find one that I love, I want them all. I do it with clothes too. I'm sure it's some kind of fashion disorder that I have. I do love them all though and the scary thing is that there's not a single one that I would return even if I could.

I'm at 10 duffles and waiting on the 11th - I have to have one in every color! Just whenI think I can cool off on the Coach, I get obsessed with another bag in a particular color and can't stop thinking about it! ADD for me is such a biotch!

I think I'm at my drought. I go through phases. I have gone years without a single purchase, I go on mini shopping sprees where I see a lot that I like, then sometimes I shop like a normal sane person...buying a bag every few-6 months. It all really depends on what new styles are out at the time for me.
I know how it feels to be frustrated with returns or exchanges. I change my mind like the weather. My husband never takes me serious when I say that I love a bag, because he knows that it could change by tomorrow. He doesn't care for Coach at all but he likes that I like them. It's like the only thing that I get excited about buying.
I think I finally have everything that I want...at least for a while. My next step is to go through what I'm not using much and sell it. It's hard for me though because I have so many pieces that I missed the first time and it took FOREVER to track it down. They are almost like little trophies (yes, I know that sounds weird) and it's hard to sell them at the going rate on ebay. To me, they are worth so much more than that.

lol thissss!!! im relatively new to coach, I never spent very much on purses because I tend to be very hard on them and usually find myself saying "this is why I can't have nice things" on the items that I do splurge on, but after my last tjmaxx bag completely disassembled after only a few uses, I came to the realization I wanted to invest in better quality, however I instantly got addicted to the rush of finding a great bag and getting it for a great price.. i got hooked to the charge send/price adjustment process (as well as the FOS) and then once I got my first PCE it was all downhill with fp purchases haha then on top of that, I discovered the rescue and rehab thread and went on a tear on ebay tracking down various US made duffles and drawstring bags...i was more than a little obsessed...

I really do need to stop and I think I'm at a point where I'm ready to, besides if I have one more box delivered my bf will probably have a nervous breakdown... we bought a house together and right now my purses are living in the spare bedroom haha so I really do need to get my act together to utlize the room the way it should be used. I have returned a few impulse buys and have a few more to do, but this is the first time in a while I'm not obsessively lusting after a bag (however, I do have an ebay purchase about to be delivered which may have somethnig to do with that "calm" feeling heheh), but I feel the same as you about selling, for now I would rather use my NWT bags than sell because all of the work I put into getting them wouldn't be enough (imo) to justify it. I do plan on taking a few of my other bags (H&M, Aldo, whatever will sell) to a consignment store.. I think I only get 40%, but for me if I have no use for them, I would rather have the space and a few dollars than the bag and if they don't sell, I can always donate them.

Great thread! and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way! Hopefully I will be content to live vicariously through others for a while via this forum!

lol thissss!!! im relatively new to coach, I never spent very much on purses because I tend to be very hard on them and usually find myself saying "this is why I can't have nice things" on the items that I do splurge on, but after my last tjmaxx bag completely disassembled after only a few uses, I came to the realization I wanted to invest in better quality, however I instantly got addicted to the rush of finding a great bag and getting it for a great price.. i got hooked to the charge send/price adjustment process (as well as the FOS) and then once I got my first PCE it was all downhill with fp purchases haha then on top of that, I discovered the rescue and rehab thread and went on a tear on ebay tracking down various US made duffles and drawstring bags...i was more than a little obsessed...

I really do need to stop and I think I'm at a point where I'm ready to, besides if I have one more box delivered my bf will probably have a nervous breakdown... we bought a house together and right now my purses are living in the spare bedroom haha so I really do need to get my act together to utlize the room the way it should be used. I have returned a few impulse buys and have a few more to do, but this is the first time in a while I'm not obsessively lusting after a bag (however, I do have an ebay purchase about to be delivered which may have somethnig to do with that "calm" feeling heheh), but I feel the same as you about selling, for now I would rather use my NWT bags than sell because all of the work I put into getting them wouldn't be enough (imo) to justify it. I do plan on taking a few of my other bags (H&M, Aldo, whatever will sell) to a consignment store.. I think I only get 40%, but for me if I have no use for them, I would rather have the space and a few dollars than the bag and if they don't sell, I can always donate them.

Great thread! and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way! Hopefully I will be content to live vicariously through others for a while via this forum!

That is why I like the reveals so much-I don't feel like they make me want to buy bags but that I can get to see others buying and enjoying.

I think the overwhelming part is, for me, to constantly be on the lookout for the next "solve-all-life's-problems'' bag. I have to remind myself that just like anything in life, no bag will ever be perfectly perfect.

I haven't got a lot of bags by tpf standards, just 6, but each one is really special to me. Like toomanywantmore said, they are like little trophies we get to wear around and use. My advice would be to not buy anything you're not head over heels obsessed with. Like, you'd grab it before your kids/pets if there was a fire obsessed, lol.

I'm at 10 duffles and waiting on the 11th - I have to have one in every color! Just whenI think I can cool off on the Coach, I get obsessed with another bag in a particular color and can't stop thinking about it! ADD for me is such a biotch!

:lol: It's like the perfect bag though, it's hard to not want them all. I thought giving myself a limit in a loved style would work, it did with Isabelle. So I picked black, black cherry and navy/multicolor because I thought I'd use them more. Then when I thought I was happy, there came Miss Juniper. I was trying to wait it out but I feared that it may be a color that they didn't make many of and I didn't want to miss it. My last is the black/multicolor duffle. I know some think it's too trendy but I'm in love with those colors in colorblock.

:roflmfao:I'm in the same boat, I try to check the mail before he gets home so that I don't have to deal with 'that look'. I have mine all on hangers in my closet so that I can see them all. He was picking at me last weekend about all the poor dead animals that I have hanging in my closet. :sad: He's just terrible! I tried to get him to help me narrow down what I should keep and sell but he thinks that I should keep them all. I have too many now though and I'm going to get up the nerve to give some of them the boot.
That is why I like the reveals so much-I don't feel like they make me want to buy bags but that I can get to see others buying and enjoying.
I love reveals too! The only bad thing about that is that I'll see a bag that looks absolutely perfect on when I never even considered it before. Then I have to have one too.

I think the overwhelming part is, for me, to constantly be on the lookout for the next "solve-all-life's-problems'' bag. I have to remind myself that just like anything in life, no bag will ever be perfectly perfect.

I haven't got a lot of bags by tpf standards, just 6, but each one is really special to me. Like toomanywantmore said, they are like little trophies we get to wear around and use. My advice would be to not buy anything you're not head over heels obsessed with. Like, you'd grab it before your kids/pets if there was a fire obsessed, lol.

:lolots::roflmfao::lolots:

Funny, I was thinking about starting a thread like this! I was actually going to take a picture of everything and write out why I loved it and why I should keep it. I need to lessen my collection, to make way for the things I am really digging right now!

Maybe it's something with the time of year. February is the suck here in Chicago, and I am anxious for spring. Out with the old, in with the new!!! That kind of thing.

I'm not over bags, but I'm closer and closer to feeling satisfied. If I see something I love, I might splurge, but the bar gets higher and higher with each new addition to my collection.

I think I am starting to get over Coach, and I'm seriously considering paring down my little collection; sell off a few, get another Reed Krakoff bag instead, have just 2-3 bags and a clutch instead of the 8 I have now. I bought a RK hobo in December and that is the only bag I have that I would grab in a fire, other than my Dooney which is sentimental :smile:

Hello, my name is Manolita and I am done with bags. I have a small collection (7 bags) and I have never considered buying multiples of the same design or color. So 7 is the magic number for me.
But I still want a crimson mini Willis...
Wait! I have the berry colorblock... nevermind!

Is this where the meeting is??? :nuts: My name is MiaBorsa, and I'm a pursaholic. Thanks for all the posts, ladies. I could have written several of them word-for-word. It's nice to know I'm not alone with my obsession.

Well...I did not think I had a problem until I read this thread.
I have 9 duffles, 10 Sophia's, 8 Haileys, and 4 Katarinas. Not to mention the 20 or so styles I only have one of.
And I take ADHD medication every day twice a day....
Hmmm....I think I need an intervention! Lol

Well...I did not think I had a problem until I read this thread.
I have 9 duffles, 10 Sophia's, 8 Haileys, and 4 Katarinas. Not to mention the 20 or so styles I only have one of.
And I take ADHD medication every day twice a day....
Hmmm....I think I need an intervention! Lol

Hussie - that is not having a problem
YOU love BAGS - SIMPLE

and with the ADHD i will txt u how to fix that lmbao

I'm starting to get overwhelmed again by bags...

Not that have a lot, but I dont rotate enough I guess. My mind was relaxed about bag while on vacation and now i'm having anxiety..

All over the map about what I want, and still confused.
I pulled berry city out and yeah she is going back... the color is beautiful but the shape just isnt me.. I may kick myself but i'll get over it.

I am craving a BLACK LEATHER AWESOME, SOFT, LOVABLE "shoulder" bag. I do regret returning Katarina.. I love the pebbled leather... So if they have one they are 50% off which is less then what I paid when i first bought her, if i'm luck she is clearance and will be 50-30% off .. she is coming home with me.
I debated the black duffle, but I dont think she will be as durable as Kat because of the leather.

I was thinking about Black cherry molly...and will pick up my patent willis but I think I am done...

Buying and returning is getting to be a pita, waste of gas and now that our gas is 1.28Lt its all just too costly.

I think I need a break from coach and hope I can find a vanilla grayson for summer. Then take a rest, and see what is out in the summer with coach...

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed with bags/coach???

I was born obsessed over one thing or another. If not Coach bags, it's Roots bags. If not bags, it's belts. If not belts, it's leather jackets. If not jackets, it's quilting fabric. Oh well. At least I survived the dangerous substances phase. I'm an addict through and through. Oh yeah, 19 years in a 12 step program ;).

I guess I can't give you any words of wisdom. I can relate to your statement of craving something, such as your craving for a black bag. All of my posts for the last month or so contain this sentance: "Must have Rory!"

I can just say, you are not alone in what you are feeling.

Coach is a new obsession for me. I have never been tempted to purchase the same style of bag in a different color---I didn't understand why people would want to do that---until now! I have a black Rory and I'm so tempted to get a cognac Rory and the textured Rory's are sooo pretty too. I am hoping that Coach releases a textured cognac Rory so I can just kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, haha.