Orphans in Haiti "rescued" by woman who runs personal shopper?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone been keeping abreast of this story? I always see Personal shopper on ebay, however when i looked on the site, there werent any high end bags like I usually see from that seller (unless I missed it somewhere, it is late:shame:smile:
    This woman runs a site called Personal Shopper, and the one I see on ebay is Personal Shoppers*?:confused1::confused1::confused1: but anywho - it says shes in some kind of financial trouble? and now their accusing this woman of trying to save children in Haiti in order to capitalize off them? anywho - heres the link to the NY Times article
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/05/world/americas/05idaho.html

2. the personal shopper site looks like something where she gets paid for affilliate click-throughs or something. For example I selected a bag, put it in my cart, and it then said that I was getting it from their "Trusted Partner" smartbargains.com. A pair of Louboutins came from "Trusted Partner" Saks Fifth Avenue.

3. oh i see. I was just curious as to whether it was the same person or whatever. The article says that their really not doing well financially. Its a sad situation - I feel bad for them if they truly meant well

4. ^^^ They may have meant well, but they really went about it the wrong way. I don't know what they were thinking. You can't just take a bunch of kids without any paperwork out of a country. Half of those kids weren't even orphans.

5. The entire fiasco sounded fishy to me from the very beginning. I don't know what the outcome will be but if they are found guilty of kidnapping and other charges, I hope the spend the rest of their lives in prison. I can only imagine what was in store for those poor little children.