Orphans in Haiti "rescued" by woman who runs personal shopper?

iluvluxe

Haute
O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
Has anyone been keeping abreast of this story? I always see Personal shopper on ebay, however when i looked on the site, there werent any high end bags like I usually see from that seller (unless I missed it somewhere, it is late:shame:smile:
This woman runs a site called Personal Shopper, and the one I see on ebay is Personal Shoppers*?:confused1::confused1::confused1: but anywho - it says shes in some kind of financial trouble? and now their accusing this woman of trying to save children in Haiti in order to capitalize off them? anywho - heres the link to the NY Times article
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/05/world/americas/05idaho.html

the personal shopper site looks like something where she gets paid for affilliate click-throughs or something. For example I selected a bag, put it in my cart, and it then said that I was getting it from their "Trusted Partner" smartbargains.com. A pair of Louboutins came from "Trusted Partner" Saks Fifth Avenue.

oh i see. I was just curious as to whether it was the same person or whatever. The article says that their really not doing well financially. Its a sad situation - I feel bad for them if they truly meant well

^^^ They may have meant well, but they really went about it the wrong way. I don't know what they were thinking. You can't just take a bunch of kids without any paperwork out of a country. Half of those kids weren't even orphans.

^^^ They may have meant well, but they really went about it the wrong way. I don't know what they were thinking. You can't just take a bunch of kids without any paperwork out of a country. Half of those kids weren't even orphans.

The entire fiasco sounded fishy to me from the very beginning. I don't know what the outcome will be but if they are found guilty of kidnapping and other charges, I hope the spend the rest of their lives in prison. I can only imagine what was in store for those poor little children.