Order pending validation ?!?

Indiarobyn

May 16, 2010
I have ordered a Sarah wallet which has been out of stock for the last couple of weeks. However, I checked on Friday and it was in YAY..

But it's saying Order pending validation ?! - does this mean that there is a problem with my order ? x

My order has been really weird, too. It says it has shipped but when I put in the tracking number on the FedEx website it says no such thing exists :huh:

And Louis Vuitton never send me an email to confirm to me they've shipped anything, it's just listed on my purchases page on their website. I put this order in earlier this week, too so I'm still kind of up in the air on what's going on.

Hi all!

I typically purchase my LV bags in store so not familiar with how their online order process works so hoping someone here can help me. :smile:

After months of stalking the LV website and calling CS line for inventory updates, I was able to add a Nano Noe to my cart!

I immediately placed the order and received an order confirmation. When I sign on to my LV account, the order shows up as “Pending Order Validation”. There also hasn’t been a charge on my credit card (for the whole amount or for even a $1 authorization charge). Do you think that there was a glitch and stock wasn’t actually available or is this normal?

Thanks!

I think they’re checking on your card...the last time this happened to me, the order got cancelled... I’ve no idea why as the bank did not even let me know if they tried to charge me...I am thinking if it’s possible the bank blocked the charge as it may seem like fraud. Especially if you’ve never been at that store or if the amount is too high.

Thanks for the response! Oh no! I’m so sorry that happened to you. Were you able to re-order your item? :/

I got super nervous (I’ve been hitting refresh on the LV site waiting for this bag to miraculously become available to purchase online) and called CS. She told me it takes 24 hours to process.

My credit card company did reach out to confirm that it wasn’t fraudulent and the full charge amount is now showing online. My LV account shows my order as “Order in Preparation”. Crossing my fingers that all goes through!

I think they’re checking on your card...the last time this happened to me, the order got cancelled... I’ve no idea why as the bank did not even let me know if they tried to charge me...I am thinking if it’s possible the bank blocked the charge as it may seem like fraud. Especially if you’ve never been at that store or if the amount is too high.

Thanks for the response! Oh no! I’m so sorry that happened to you. Were you able to re-order your item? :/

I got super nervous (I’ve been hitting refresh on the LV site waiting for this bag to miraculously become available to purchase online) and called CS. She told me it takes 24 hours to process.

My credit card company did reach out to confirm that it wasn’t fraudulent and the full charge amount is now showing online. My LV account shows my order as “Order in Preparation”. Crossing my fingers that all goes through!
No I wasn’t able to get what I wanted..it was sold out by then. Urg...looks like yours will be fine. :flowers:

Hey,
This happens to me every time I order online since my billing and shipping are different addresses. I just have to call LV and verify it was me that made the purchase. Usually they send an email and say to call, but it often goes to junk.

Thanks for the heads up! Everything went through and I just got confirmation that my bag is ready for pickup. :smile:

Definitely going to make sure to check my junk/spam next time I order though!

Hey,
This happens to me every time I order online since my billing and shipping are different addresses. I just have to call LV and verify it was me that made the purchase. Usually they send an email and say to call, but it often goes to junk.

I recently moved and had a few orders for high demand items stay in pending order validation for a few days and then cancel. It was different sizes of the toiletry pouch and wasn't too worried. I recently saw a pocket organizer in monogram galaxy print add to cart. I really want this item so I called after two days of pending order validation and no sign of a charge on my credit card. The lovely CA advised me it was due to shipping to a PO BOX. Apparently LV doesn't do this. I gave her a different address and she has resubmited the order. Fingers crossed it goes through. SO NOTE. DO NOT TRY TO SHIP TO A PO BOX!!!!