Oran sandals

In my opinion, they are too big for you.

Too big...? That really is a surprise... But interesting indeed!

I feel that my heels go right to the end of the shoe. One leaves a small tiny "gap" compared to the other but with the smaller pair the heels almost stuck out... The SA agreed that they were too small. I can see that there seems to be a gap by the heel on the photo... However I do not think that they look like that IRL. I do not know if I was standing in some weird angle or something that made my feet draw towards the front. But then according to your thoughts it would probably be bad to seek out an even larger pair, to try to make the "H" part larger. Hmmm.... :-s

Thank you so much for your comment! :smile: I will try them on again and think about what to do... it would just be terrible if they hurt my feet. Maybe they just aren't for me? Maybe it is not possible for me to find a pair when both the length and the size / tightness of the "H" part are ok... :sad:

Thank you so much everyone for all the great input and advice on this matter that might seem pretty small to some but is a huge problem for me. The sandals are expensive shoes IMO so I would be really really sad if they turned out hurting my feet... :sad:

It seems that I have already done too much walking around at home for the soles to seem nice and new. I just inspected them and was shocked to see a couple of small stains (perhaps I have spilled water on the kitchen floor or something and walked in that) on the soles. Of course they still look completely new a part from looking at the soles but I am afraid that Hermès will not accept them in return for a larger size already. I thought I'd been very careful and the shoes have only been on inside my house but I guess it still shows compared to when they come right out of the box. So now I am afraid that I might be stuck with these ones - the right size or not. Maybe they just are not made for my feet that might be to the wider side... :-s

Now I just have to see these sandals through and pray for the best I suppose... So the plan is to continue wearing them around the house with socks in them (looks really terrible:amuse:) and then slowly move on to walking around without socks to see if it is possible to get used to them and soften them up. If not I guess I just have to try to resell them and consider trying a larger size later on - or come to the conclusion that these sandals just might not be for me and my fat feet :confused1:

Hoping that I can come to terms with them... We will see. Once again thank you all for the VERY USEFUL input and feedback. Much appreciated! :flowers:

Thank you so much everyone for all the great input and advice on this matter that might seem pretty small to some but is a huge problem for me. The sandals are expensive shoes IMO so I would be really really sad if they turned out hurting my feet... :sad:

It seems that I have already done too much walking around at home for the soles to seem nice and new. I just inspected them and was shocked to see a couple of small stains (perhaps I have spilled water on the kitchen floor or something and walked in that) on the soles. Of course they still look completely new a part from looking at the soles but I am afraid that Hermès will not accept them in return for a larger size already. I thought I'd been very careful and the shoes have only been on inside my house but I guess it still shows compared to when they come right out of the box. So now I am afraid that I might be stuck with these ones - the right size or not. Maybe they just are not made for my feet that might be to the wider side... :-s

Now I just have to see these sandals through and pray for the best I suppose... So the plan is to continue wearing them around the house with socks in them (looks really terrible:amuse:) and then slowly move on to walking around without socks to see if it is possible to get used to them and soften them up. If not I guess I just have to try to resell them and consider trying a larger size later on - or come to the conclusion that these sandals just might not be for me and my fat feet :confused1:

Hoping that I can come to terms with them... We will see. Once again thank you all for the VERY USEFUL input and feedback. Much appreciated! :flowers:

If the stains on the sole are visible to you, they likely will be visible to the SA..
H will inspect the shoes before they will accept a return or exchange.
If they don't ease up with the socks perhaps a cobbler might be able to stretch where you need

I will try to upload some pictures but I do not know if this will be enough... The angle might not be very good for what you need to see... but let's try! :smile:

As they are now the heel is pretty close to the end - but not "over the end". I actually started off trying half a size smaller but the conclusion was just that the heel would be too much sticking out over the edge and that therefore they were too small. So the ones I have now are half a size up compared to the ones I begun with. I did not notice any hurt when I was in the shop and therefore thought that they were ok but of course I just hade them on for a very short while... compared to at home when I have had them on for like halv an hour or so.

In the shop I was unsure of whether the heel was actually still to close to the end of the shoe so I asked the SA for advice "should I try an even larger size?" And I remember she said "no" and mentioned that is so the "H" would also be larger. As I then did not think that there might be a problem with the "H" being too tight I just went with her advice and got the pair that I had on... but at least know I now that if I was to take a larger size the "H" would probably also be a bit wider - from what she stated.

The leather on the "H" sort of carves in / goes a bit in to my foot so I feel that a part of my foot is almost "coming out" towards the outer side of the shoes in the gap / in the middle of the "H" where there is a "gap" in the letter. I hope that it is clear what I mean. When I wear them for a while and I take them off I have marks from the "H" going in to my feet. And still... just by adding thin socks there is no problem... so I am really confused. But how sad would it be to not be able to use them if they continue hurting! It is really difficult to know how things might develop when starting to use them more...

I hope you are able to see something useful from my pictures and thank you ALL for taking the time to comment on this issue... a small thing for some but a huge thing for me right now.

I think they look great on you! They look like theyre the right size. They do get more comfortable over time.

Reactions: 880 and cremse
I went back to the boutique today, hoping to exchange the sandals if it turned out they were too small. I just had to try the larger size on before making piece with this pair... However it was a bit intimidating since my first visit a couple of days ago was a not so nice experience and I was also afraid that they already looked to much "worn" because I found out you could see it on the soles. Even though I just hade them on shortly walking a little bit around inside my home...! So I did not have much faith in succeeding but I just knew that I had to try if they are actually too small.

So today I had a plan. I decided to ask about a pair half a size larger without mentioning that I had another pair in my bag (you could not see them because I put the box in another large bag to protect them since it was raining). So at first I did not mention anything about having bought a pair that might be too small but I just tried the larger size on asking the SA's opinion. This way I thought I could make sure that the SA was not prone to say that the pair I already bought was fine enough / better than the larger size...

We both agreed that the larger size was the better one to get. They sort of looked the same on my feet so no reason at all to take the smaller one of the two but preferably go with the lager size since the "H" part probably would be a bit wider on that one. However it turned out that I got turned down when showing the pair that I bought just 3 days ago. Even though I had only tried them on at home they had too many marks on the soles... The SA went out to check with somebody else but it was a "no" - unfortunately!

However this no did not make me feel uncomfortable or anything because everything was just so much more relaxed with this SA and he really seemed sad not being able to help. And I totally understood when I saw the soles. I wonder how they could have gotten those marks from just walking a bit around at home to make sure about the size but it is a fact... you could see that they did not come straight out of a box and I suppose you do not want ANYTHING to show on the soles when you buy shoes this expensive. But man do I regret trying them "so much on" at home. Even though I thought I had to because I needed to make sure about the size... but I never dreamt of getting these marks on the soles from that... so you really need to be careful and only stand on a carpet or something... do not walk around on wooden floors!!!

The good thing was the SA was eager to help and he told me the sandals would soften a bit with time so they might be good in the end... Really hoping so! And he tipped me of some things I could try. Wearing them with socks and using a hair dryer was one tip. The warmth should soften the leather up I think... and then he also mentioned a place I could go to try and have them "block the H part out". So after leaving the shop I went to that place and left my shoes with them so they can try to sort of widen the H part a bit...

Now at least I know I tried and I hope that I can wear these shoes... but I learnt an expensive lesson, that's for sure! Never walk around on wooden flors - only on a carpet if you MUST try to walk around to be sure about the size... And now I am certain of which size to buy next time...!

Crossing my fingers that they somehow manage to make the leather stretch enough for me to be able to wear them... we will see!

Thanks to all of you for great input and lovely comments and also for encouraging me to go back and try another pair instead of just settling with these ones... even though I did not succeed in getting the right size I am happy I tried and I also got the useful tip from the SA so I can try that out. They should be ready for me next week.

They look like the perfect fit to me. This same thing happened to me (I was going to exchange but saw I walked so much in them in my apt I could no longer do so) and they’re the best sandals I own. I live in NYC and walk a ton and they’re my go-to sandal. They stretch a little and loosen up as most leather does and I even purchased a patent pair and they’re also comfortable. I think you’ll be happy with your purchase!

Last edited:
@hgirl2 You are the Oran Queen!!!! I love them too!!! I have a pair in rose gold that I wore so much I have rubbed the rose gold off the footbed. Do you have any idea if H can/will spa/fix Oran wear and tear??

H to the best of my knowledge will not repair the Oran. There is a shoemaker in NYC that H recommends
as well as one in Dallas they do "great repairs" If you are interested PM me & I will give you the info

Reactions: crisbac
H to the best of my knowledge will not repair the Oran. There is a shoemaker in NYC that H recommends
as well as one in Dallas they do "great repairs" If you are interested PM me & I will give you the info
Ahhh ok. It's really just the sticker with the metallic color on the footbed of the oran that I need a new one. My toes took off the rose gold color hahahaha Is thta something H could do??? If not, would you happen to know if there is a great repai shop in DC metro area?

Ahhh ok. It's really just the sticker with the metallic color on the footbed of the oran that I need a new one. My toes took off the rose gold color hahahaha Is thta something H could do??? If not, would you happen to know if there is a great repai shop in DC metro area?

H won't do that repair.. I don't know a shoe repair in the DC metro area but you can send your shoes for repair
to the places that I am familiar with..

Reactions: Israeli_Flava