OPINIONS please! Unfortunately downsizing my LV Collection!

I think everyone will give slightly different suggestions based on what their personal lifestyle and taste are - so in the end you will be the one that knows what is best for you :smile:

I think the only general principle that can be applied across the board would be to start getting rid of duplicates. Not just in the sense of the same design (because color matters too) - rather think about the function, size, design...and so on as a whole. Think "the cases where I'd reach for this bag, could I have used that other bag instead?" If so, that may be a sign you don't need it. When you think "I use all these bags", question if it's a case of you making yourself rotate instead of having needs for all of them. I ran into this problem myself! For example, if you use bags A and B both, is it because those cases where you used B you couldn't use A? Or is it that you told yourself to use B simply because you have both and you want to rotate between them? If it's the latter, you can let one of them go even if you've been using both. In normal circumstances, I'd say you can still keep both because why not enjoy both! But if you are in a position where you need to downsize, that might be one way to start thinking about what is actually necessary.

Good luck!

I think everyone will give slightly different suggestions based on what their personal lifestyle and taste are - so in the end you will be the one that knows what is best for you :smile:

I think the only general principle that can be applied across the board would be to start getting rid of duplicates. Not just in the sense of the same design (because color matters too) - rather think about the function, size, design...and so on as a whole. Think "the cases where I'd reach for this bag, could I have used that other bag instead?" If so, that may be a sign you don't need it. When you think "I use all these bags", question if it's a case of you making yourself rotate instead of having needs for all of them. I ran into this problem myself! For example, if you use bags A and B both, is it because those cases where you used B you couldn't use A? Or is it that you told yourself to use B simply because you have both and you want to rotate between them? If it's the latter, you can let one of them go even if you've been using both. In normal circumstances, I'd say you can still keep both because why not enjoy both! But if you are in a position where you need to downsize, that might be one way to start thinking about what is actually necessary.

Good luck!
Yes! You make perfect sense! I was trying to figure that out last night based on my lifestyle & wardrobe. Also trying to keep in mind a bag for each occasion, and my most used bags. Sounds weird but there's a difference in my favorite bags vs. Most used bags! Geez I'm going in circles! Lol

Yes! You make perfect sense! I was trying to figure that out last night based on my lifestyle & wardrobe. Also trying to keep in mind a bag for each occasion, and my most used bags. Sounds weird but there's a difference in my favorite bags vs. Most used bags! Geez I'm going in circles! Lol its wonderful having so many options, but I'm just gonna have to limit them...and like u said not have many to rotate.

This is fun and difficult. :smile:

Just want to gently give a counter-argument to keeping duplicates of a bag style if you happen to use it the most/favor it above the others. If both Twice's are your most-used bags, then it may absolutely be worthwhile to keep both!

The next "necessity"...a large canvas LV bag. The black leather tote is beautiful, but I imagine such a big bag in leather is also quite heavy. I think everyone should have a large LV canvas bag of some sort.

Sorry to say that I don't love Favorite or Pochette Metis but on the bright side, they are very very popular so I bet you will get some great resale value out of any of them if you do put them up for sale.

Good luck!

This is fun and difficult. :smile:

Just want to gently give a counter-argument to keeping duplicates of a bag style if you happen to use it the most/favor it above the others. If both Twice's are your most-used bags, then it may absolutely be worthwhile to keep both!

The next "necessity"...a large canvas LV bag. The black leather tote is beautiful, but I imagine such a big bag in leather is also quite heavy. I think everyone should have a large LV canvas bag of some sort.

Sorry to say that I don't love Favorite or Pochette Metis but on the bright side, they are very very popular so I bet you will get some great resale value out of any of them if you do put them up for sale.

Good luck!
So true! I need to keep what I use the most! I am just trying to make sure I keep a well rounded handful of bags. I also dont want to regret letting go of something that's discontinued. I dont want to end up dishing out more to get one back, or not being able to find one in good condition! Why is this so hard! Lol I love them all :smile:

So true! I need to keep what I use the most! I am just trying to make sure I keep a well rounded handful of bags. I also dont want to regret letting go of something that's discontinued. I dont want to end up dishing out more to get one back, or not being able to find one in good condition! Why is this so hard! Lol I love them all :smile:

Oh and to be honest that Lockme tote actually is not heavy at all! I think once filled its actually still lighter than my Gaia!

Reactions: resplendent
Do you carry it often ? ( sorry this is not really answering your question!;) i was considering selling it as well because the handle feels uncomfortable but i’m wondering if it just needs a bit if breaking in ? ( only wore it twice). If you find it comfy i would probably keep as it’s such a rare bag!

Hi! I'm sorry I must have missed your question the other day! So..I honestly don't use it regularly. I do use it a lot in the fall and winter though! I dont know why but I tend to use my bigger bags in the fall/winter. The Gaia & the My Lockme top handle are the 2 bags I get the most compliments and questions on when I am out and about. I think the Gaia is so unique and gorgeous. If I were you, and you dont have to sell...I'd give it a little more time to break the handle in. Maybe try leaving it filled with your items and put a small folded hand towel or something on top of a door handle and then hang you bag on it. Do it daily, for a while, and that may help the breaking in process go faster....but only if your comfortable with that. I told my mother to do that with her artsy and it helped. But in all honesty if you find yourself not wanting to use it afterall then I definitely recommend selling it and buying something that you can use comfortably and more regularly. I do find that my graceful is a lighter and more comfortable on the shoulder....but the Gaia is still my favorite between the two! Lol Hope this helps in some way! :smile:

Reactions: Eli23
Hi! I'm sorry I must have missed your question the other day! So..I honestly don't use it regularly. I do use it a lot in the fall and winter though! I dont know why but I tend to use my bigger bags in the fall/winter. The Gaia & the My Lockme top handle are the 2 bags I get the most compliments and questions on when I am out and about. I think the Gaia is so unique and gorgeous. If I were you, and you dont have to sell...I'd give it a little more time to break the handle in. Maybe try leaving it filled with your items and put a small folded hand towel or something on top of a door handle and then hang you bag on it. Do it daily, for a while, and that may help the breaking in process go faster....but only if your comfortable with that. I told my mother to do that with her artsy and it helped. But in all honesty if you find yourself not wanting to use it afterall then I definitely recommend selling it and buying something that you can use comfortably and more regularly. I do find that my graceful is a lighter and more comfortable on the shoulder....but the Gaia is still my favorite between the two! Lol Hope this helps in some way! :smile:

Great idea. Thank you!:smile: and good luck with making your decision :smile: