Opinions Please: Sam Edelman Spiked Heels with this Holiday Dress?

Your thoughts?

• thumbs up

• thumbs down

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhitleyGilbert

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
I'm wearing this dress to my office holiday party. Do you think the Sam Edelman heels below will look fine with the dress or do they clash? Uggh, I'm on the fence. All opinions are appreciated and thanks in advance for any replies. :smile:

(Also, the dress is more of a nude color than white.)

fccp2.jpg

fccp.jpg

selbb2.jpg

selbb.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm still up in the air, but I'm taking everyone's opinions in. I think it's a great juxtaposition too (edgy and pretty at the same time). Although, I don't want the shoes to take away from how great the back of the dress is and I don't want too look like I'm trying to mix too many things. Ugh, I still dunno.

the two could work if you keep the rest of the outfit simple. cute dress. do you mind if i ask where it's from?

It's by French Connection and I got it at my local Belk store. The pictures are from Nordstrom though.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/french-connection-wendy-cutout-back-dress/3253859?origin=category

I actually really like the two together and the reason why I do is because they are polar opposites. The dress has a sort of innocent/little girl-ish feel to it (in a good way), while the shoes give it a sexy edge. I'm not a huge fan of those shoes (in general), but I'd say that they are a great fit with that dress.

I love the combo! I always wear my spiked Louboutins with very girlie dresses. I think spiked shoes are extremely cute paired with pinks and nudes as opposed to wearing them with black leather jackets that make the whole outfit look punker.