Opinions on the skinny tote?

Dec 29, 2013
Went to Coach today to specifically look at the long tassel fob. Didn't like it on my bag so passed. But what did catch my eye was the skinny tote. They only had the tabac/carmine. Gorgeous! I am now considering it or the smoke/cornflower which I haven't seen irl.

So, I'm looking forward to opinions on the tabac vs. smoke. Also, if you have this tote I'm wondering how you like the functionality (the pockets, etc.). I noticed the snaps are regular as opposed to magnetic ones. Would've preferred magnetic. Glad it has feet though!

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
My family got me one for mothers day with the recent F/F discount. I love it, haven't used it yet. Put my things in it and walked around the house. Comfortable, nice bag!

Shamelessly bumping my own post in hopes for opinions. Looking to be enabled, or disabled...
I got the smoke colored tote on the last sale and have carried it for work everyday. I love it! It's comfy to wear, love the dividers, love the leather lining and love love love the color. The bag is wearing really well. I also saw the tabac and it was really nice but too close to my saddle colored Nomad. You can't go wrong either way. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I got the smoke colored tote on the last sale and have carried it for work everyday. I love it! It's comfy to wear, love the dividers, love the leather lining and love love love the color. The bag is wearing really well. I also saw the tabac and it was really nice but too close to my saddle colored Nomad. You can't go wrong either way. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

So glad to hear that you love it, for several reasons! Good that it's wearing well too. Wish I could see the color smoke in person. I have the Nomad, but not in saddle. I love saddle though and that why I think I'd like the tabac. The only two bags I have in that color family are the whip stitch Tatum tote in nude and the mini duffle in tan...brindle I think? I probably can't go wrong with either color. They are both great basic colors with a fun contrasting color.

Thanks so much for your input!

I tried it on today in the boutique and I really love it! I was more focused on rogues/saddles in the last PCE, but the skinny tote for sure will make my list this go around. Looking at the smoke or carmine.

I love my bag so much! My only fear is that the straps are so skinny that the handles are not going to last if I over stuffer it. I have the carmine color, and its pretty good against the rain with most if not all the water marks disappearing in like an hour or 2 . However she will get some light scratches being that the leather is so soft, but I use the leather conditioner from Coach and it fixes it. Also for consideration, the tote will sadly not fit a macbook 13".