Opinions on the Lindy, because....

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
I am relatively new to the world of Hermes and am thinking this *may* be Hermes bag #1. I have seen this only in pictures, we do not have an Hermes boutique here...although one will open in late 2009. That is my time frame...2009.

I have been searching through the threads for information and pictures. One thing I noticed is that people are selling their Lindys because they really want something else. (note: just an observation after looking at a lot of threads in the graveyard, I am not soliciting) The pictures are gorgeous and I am fixating on Etoupe 34 PH. And today I saw it in the new HB on page 142.

Please tell me, how do you like this bag? Is is comfortable? Are people selling it because it really doesn't work well as a practical bag? All the Hermes owners I know have Kellys or Birkins. I guess I am curious if the Lindy is in someway lacking. Or, too young looking for someone in their fifth decade.

I would really appreciate honest opinions...you can't hurt my feelings if you dislike it. TIA.

Last edited:
I don't know about the people selling their lindys, but I have to say, I am someone who thought I would NOT like the lindy and ended up falling in love with mine. It's casual, super practical with the pockets, and not as recognizable as the kelly or a birkin. I use my lindy every day and only carry the birkin occasionally.

I don't know about the people selling their lindys, but I have to say, I am someone who thought I would NOT like the lindy and ended up falling in love with mine. It's casual, super practical with the pockets, and not as recognizable as the kelly or a birkin. I use my lindy every day and only carry the birkin occasionally.

What size do you have?

I really didn't care for Lindy from the day 1 it came out....UNTIL I got one! It's amazingly comfortable and practical bag! And it's much cheaper than Birkin (about by $3K in leather)...so, I am much more relaxed with lindy. Shoulder strap is a big plus for me with young kids and an infant!

I really didn't care for Lindy from the day 1 it came out....UNTIL I got one! It's amazingly comfortable and practical bag! And it's much cheaper than Birkin (about by $3K in leather)...so, I am much more relaxed with lindy. Shoulder strap is a big plus for me with young kids and an infant!

Is the strap long enough to wear over a thick coat? I am not a skinny thing, lol.

I love the Lindy - so much so that I bought 5 of them...lol I have both sizes, but I think the 30cm is cuter (although the 34cm is better to hold all of my junk :smile:). It is very easy to carry by hand or on the shoulder.

I love Lindy. It's a great bag that can be chic when hand-carried or slung over the shoulder for ease. The handles + strap gives you the option.

I find 30cm quite big enough for anything I could possibly carry (inluding the giant sunglasses cases we all seem to have these days). I can, and have, slipped a spare pair of ballet flats inside for travelling.

That said, it is one of those bags you really need to try on. Perhaps in your travels you could get a look at one. The drop on the 30 and the 34 is quite different so it strikes people in different places when shoulder carried. Where it hits on you might effect how you feel about it. HTH

I love Lindy. It's a great bag that can be chic when hand-carried or slung over the shoulder for ease. The handles + strap gives you the option.

I find 30cm quite big enough for anything I could possibly carry (inluding the giant sunglasses cases we all seem to have these days). I can, and have, slipped a spare pair of ballet flats inside for travelling.

That said, it is one of those bags you really need to try on. Perhaps in your travels you could get a look at one. The drop on the 30 and the 34 is quite different so it strikes people in different places when shoulder carried.
Where it hits on you might effect how you feel about it. HTH

This is really good advice. :tup: The Lindy really is one bag that shouldn't be judged by photos alone; you have to wear it and see how you look with it on. It was also important for me that I tried it on with things inside to see how I liked the way it looked.

The Lindy simply makes me happy. IMO this is the best H bag invented. It goes with casual/formal looks, can be hand and shoulder-carried, and it fits a ton. It's not yet hard to get. It comes in :drool: Swift and Clemence colors as well as croc.