Opinions on the Lindy, because....

the lindy si really nice. i thnk some people are selling their lindys to fund new H purchases. some people also have issues with the opening of the kelly. but people still love it:biggrin:

Well said transcendent1! I give my thumbs up for Lindy too! It's casual yet elegant, the price is far better than in Birkins or Kellys and you can actually get one from the store!!! :yahoo:

Croc Lindys are just stunning. And I love the 30cm style, it's very ladylike. The 34cm fits everything you'll need, from office to wee hours... It's a fabulous bag!

Is the strap long enough to wear over a thick coat? I am not a skinny thing, lol.

It can definitely be worn on the shoulder. That's the intention of the second strap. The shape and sizes are comparable to the Maddy and Mahala. However, you should have a look at one because being a Choo girl there are pockets all over the place in Choos...not so in H.
That said, I LOVE this bag. Very fun and casual without the extraneous embellishments that I'm not really fond of from more popular designers. Simple lines available in a rainbow of colors. :yes:

hi jburgh- the lindy is actually the bag that made me cross over from bv and then the obsession began.
i love the lindy and now have two and would love to have more if i'm very lucky.
it is wonderful. i have the 34 cm size more because i like the drop. i think either would hold a lot. it is so easy and comfortable. easy to get into and out of, great visibility, a legitimate hand bag and shoulder bag. and great looking.
there are lots of threads and pictures to help.
good luck and keep us posted.

Hi jburgh! ~waving~

A pic of Lindy brought me into the Hermes world last summer I think...

I saw two Lindies in Etoupe (30 & 34 if my memory serves me well) last Sunday and they were so beautiful. The owners were saying they love it as it's practical, easy to use, and goes with everything!! Hope you find a perfect one for you.:heart:

I have the larger Lindy ... I thought it was a 35cm, but someone else mentioned 34cm. It's possible that's what I have. I am glad that I have a lindy in my closet because I agree that it's a neat and useful bag ... but admit that I have not ended up carrying it as much as I thought I would. I just usually go for a birkin because I always seem to be carrying a folder of papers, which would not work with the Lindy. (Or, to be fair, many of my other bags.)

I've tried on multiple times to buy a Lindy because I love the look when i see it on other people! I've tried it in different sizes, colors & leathers but it just never looks good on me. I am 5'4" and fifty-ish. I'll keep trying and who knows one day it might just click and I'll take one home! I think i would prefer the 34 though! Good luck in your search!

What leathers is the Lindy avaliable in? I think Clemence and Swift, and various exotics obviously. Others?

My wife has an Evelyn that is either Clemence or Togo (I don't know how to tell) and wants a grey bag in the same leather.

She likes the Ardoise grey but I think that is only available in Swift which is not the type of leather she likes, so it may have to be graphite. We have debated etoupe (she has a Dogon in etoupe) but she seems to prefer a true grey.

My friends that have sold off Lindy's have done to so switch sizes and colors, but did buy other Lindy's. As a first bag if you really love the look of the Kelly and Birkin you may still pine for them. I started with Kellys first and then went on to Birkins and other styles and have to say that with the Lindy I had to find one in a color that spoke to me. I tried on probably 10 that just left me feeling blah. While displayed in the window the sexy folded over style always made me stop and stare. When I found the color that made me fall over, I grabbed it and have used it so much that my other bags are getting dusty.

The Lindy looks fabulous handheld. I thought it would be too bulky over the shoulder but I haven't found this to be so. She tucks in nice. Mine is in clemence and the smooshie factor yet firm base makes me love her more every day. Now I want another in the other size just to have more Lindy alternatives. Really with some bags, the color makes the difference to one's eye. I find her quite secure when closed up and I LOVE that nobody knows what brand she is. I was recently at a French cafe ordering some Lattes to go and the French chef came out and was staring at me while I dug my wallet out of my Lindy. He asked me if my bag was French made and I said yes and he said he could "recognize French design" which was kind of thrilling to hear. It is such an innovative and modern look. :heart:

I appreciate that the craftsmanship on the Lindy is as detailed as on the Birkin. The two handles are identical to Birkin handles. The base has the same feet as Kellys and Birkins. Every last bit of it is beautifully made.

i always thought that i was only a kelly and birkin gal, until i got my first lindy, it is sooo versatile and chic at the same time. mine is a 30 cm, im 5'6'' 122 lbs and its perfect ,i dont baby it as much as the birkin & kelly, thats why i use it more often, and its a clemence so i dont have to worry too much about the rain.