Opinions on the Celine 16?

glendaPLEASE

The Good Witch
O.G.
Jun 15, 2010
Hi all! Ive been lusting after a Celine 16 in the medium size for a month or two now, and I'd like to get it for myself for my birthday in September.

Does anyone have this bag that they can let me know how they feel about it? I would use it as a daily work bag and I would normally carry my ipad pro, my essentials, and maybe some papers or a small book or two inside of it along with my slim planner.

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

If you happen to have any other iterations of the Celine 16 and want to weigh-in, please do!

Hi all! Ive been lusting after a Celine 16 in the medium size for a month or two now, and I'd like to get it for myself for my birthday in September.

Does anyone have this bag that they can let me know how they feel about it? I would use it as a daily work bag and I would normally carry my ipad pro, my essentials, and maybe some papers or a small book or two inside of it along with my slim planner.

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

If you happen to have any other iterations of the Celine 16 and want to weigh-in, please do!
Hello dear! I had this bag in small size and I loved it, but I eventually sold it because it was too small for my needs. The inner space is divided into 2 compartments and i found the small size couldn't fit my medium size pouch with all my essentials (power bank, mask, gel, lip balm, tissues, etc) so that's why I decided to sell it. Then I fell in love with Moynat Gaby and Gabrielle so I forgot about the Celine 16. I find it a very nice and classy bag and the leather didn't scratch easily so I may repurchase in medium size one day.

Hello dear! I had this bag in small size and I loved it, but I eventually sold it because it was too small for my needs. The inner space is divided into 2 compartments and i found the small size couldn't fit my medium size pouch with all my essentials (power bank, mask, gel, lip balm, tissues, etc) so that's why I decided to sell it. Then I fell in love with Moynat Gaby and Gabrielle so I forgot about the Celine 16. I find it a very nice and classy bag and the leather didn't scratch easily so I may repurchase in medium size one day.
Can you please comment on weight of the bag? Was the small heavy?

Reactions: glendaPLEASE
When I tried the one I want on in store (medium size), it was a bit heavier than like an open tote like the Neverfull for sure, but it has a nice length shoulder strap so when I wore it on the shoulder the weight was lessened. It’s heavier than a medium Lady Dior, I’d say, but not uncomfortably so. It’s also fully leather lined with substantial hardware, so that might be part of it.

Reactions: daisychainz
A few comments - I bought the celine 16 bag for work in the large size and tan colour. I love it as my previous bag was a tote bag and heavy to carry. The shoulder straps are long - and you need to fold over the bag to stop anyone tripping! - but they distribute the weight so well. For me I needed plenty of space in the bag and its ample. I've been using for the last month and still looks as new wrt the leather. My impression is that it is good quality leather and should wear well. There was another option of grained black colour but the tan colour is a very classic and chic colour. No regrets!

Celine 16 small vs mini? Does anyone have both and have a preference? TIA!
I have the small, a recent purchase. I absolutely love it. The mini is absolutely adorable, but is truly “mini”. There’s a measurable size difference between the two.
There’s another thread further down about the 16 bag that you may want to check out. More in-depth info there.

Overall, beautiful bag. Recommend!

Reactions: pink*tutti
I love the look of this bag, but I keep going back and forth between small and medium. I don't live near a boutique, so I can't really see them in person.
I'd like to be able to fit my large wallet, my phone, a packet of tissues, car keys, and a small baggie containing a mini hair brush, floss, and lip gloss. Can I get all of that into a small without over-filling the bag? Or should I aim for the Medium size?

I love the look of this bag, but I keep going back and forth between small and medium. I don't live near a boutique, so I can't really see them in person.
I'd like to be able to fit my large wallet, my phone, a packet of tissues, car keys, and a small baggie containing a mini hair brush, floss, and lip gloss. Can I get all of that into a small without over-filling the bag? Or should I aim for the Medium size?
I would go for a medium if you need a large wallet.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I love the look of the mini and small but from videos I’ve seen the small isn’t that large and prob fits more. I do worry about the top handle getting mis-shaped over time though from photos I’ve seen of the bag on the resale market

I was going to get the Soft 16 in Medium for work but I realised it's slightly too small to fit everything. It barely fits my Macbook 14 inch and I have to put it on a slant to get it in. Then, I can't close the bag because the laptop sticks out.

I have the Soft 16 in large as my work bag and it fits my laptop, small camera bag with my emergency medical kit, LV victorine wallet and my phone, also I can put a water bottle and notebook in it. I use the small camera bag so that I can grab it as my bag when I go for lunch and that I don't have to lug around the soft 16. I love this bag as my work horse when going into th office which is just once a week these days

Does anyone else have issues with the strap easily coming undone whenever the lobster claw presses against the metal loop on the top handle?

I love my small Celine 16, but I find that I tend it to hold it top handle more often because I'm afraid of the strap coming off on one end and falling off my shoulder.