Opinions on rouge H mysore

WOW! Vert Anis....vert anis...vert anis....channeling vert anis.......

...it would be GORGEOUS with Potiron! What a color combo!!!!

That would be my pick if I had Potiron........well...Rouge H would be nice too but the Vert Anis would just POP!!!!!

Goddamn - I ADORE Mysore!!!!!!! I've seen an agenda in what I think was rouge h mysore...looked nice, not as dark as it is in say, box leather........

mysore.......yummmmmmm
Actually, K, I find rouge H to be inconsistent in box. It can range from blue red to almost burgundy. Remember these leathers are dyed by hand. But in mysore, it is beautiful, with a slight shimmer from the leather.

^yep, I agree...I'm only going on the stock I have seen recently...the box seemed darker than the chevre (and different in the small leathergoods compared to the bags).....in mysore it was so glorious.......sigh.......

This is tough because I love MOST colors in Mysore! Vert Anis, Turquoise, ROuge H and Vif, all the browns - do you see a trend here? hehe
Anyway, you just can't go wrong with this leather for a Bearn, OR bag!

Actually, K, I find rouge H to be inconsistent in box. It can range from blue red to almost burgundy. Remember these leathers are dyed by hand. But in mysore, it is beautiful, with a slight shimmer from the leather.

This is totally my experience with the color, too. Rouge H is a true chameleon depending on skin. :supacool:

Thanks, orchids. Would you say that pic in the "What's in your bag" thread is a pretty true representation of the colour?

Depending on your screen--on my PC it looks pretty true, but on my MAC it's a little brighter than it really is. Rouge H in my Chevre de Coromandel really looks burgundy. And 24 just noted that in Mysore it looks slightly darker. It's a lovely and classic color, but if you're partial to true reds you may be a little disappointed.

ADORE Rouge H and ADORE goat ( mysore or couremandel) but rouge H in mysore is a waste.. I'd get mysore in a "bright" color..
have you ever seen Rouge H in box calf??? OMG it's to die!!!! it's just TO DIE! But you know... looking at Jodie Foster in the "inside man" I think that her Rouge H which I'm sure is togo or taurillion - it's darker than in box, for sure but it's FABULOUS! I mean she really made me love it all over again!

ADORE Rouge H and ADORE goat ( mysore or couremandel) but rouge H in mysore is a waste.. I'd get mysore in a "bright" color..
have you ever seen Rouge H in box calf??? OMG it's to die!!!! it's just TO DIE! But you know... looking at Jodie Foster in the "inside man" I think that her Rouge H which I'm sure is togo or taurillion - it's darker than in box, for sure but it's FABULOUS! I mean she really made me love it all over again!
I agree 100% with everything that you just said.

Thanks for all your input, ladies!:flowers: Hmm, I was kinda decided on the rouge H mysore Bearn last nite but after reading your posts, I think I should just wait until the rouge vif becomes available in any of the Aussie stores. The vert anis would be very pretty but I'm thinking I would probably like to use it as a clutch by itself sometimes and a red clutch wouldn't look at cutesy as one in apple green.

Sue, if Rouge VIF is not available, you may want to see if Vermillion in Chevre is another option that would work since that's in the Chevre Mysore current swatch list. While orangey-red in Togo, Vermillion in Chevre is surprisingly not too far off from Rouge VIF in Chevre.

^^Thanks orchids for the tip but I actually asked all the stores to pretty much give me their mysore Bearn inventory, lol! But nope, no other reds exept the rouge H. They do have vermillion in epsom tho but I'd prefer mysore leather.

Besides the rouge H, in mysore there also was orange, noisette (no contrasting stitching) and vert anis (also no contrast stitching). Yup, and that's IT!:crybaby:

I think the Rouge H would be pretty but I like Vert Anis as well. :yes: I'm having the opposite dilemma... I'm thinking of Rouge H for my next bag and wondering if my orange accessories will look good with it. :lol: