opinions on ivy garnet irl ?

I have a sm/med Garnet in Graphite or whatever that color name is and also own sm/med Sabrinas. The Garnet is larger. The small sized Garnet holds a lot so IMO there is no pressing need to go up to a larger size unless you carry a ton in your bag or are just a large bag girl. It truly does hold a lot. I love the Ivy color also...to me it is almost emeraldy...not very different than on the website

I have a sm/med Garnet in Graphite or whatever that color name is and also own sm/med Sabrinas. The Garnet is larger. The small sized Garnet holds a lot so IMO there is no pressing need to go up to a larger size unless you carry a ton in your bag or are just a large bag girl. It truly does hold a lot. I love the Ivy color also...to me it is almost emeraldy...not very different than on the website

thank you so much. i have the small and large sabrina and the small is just a little too small for me. i thought the garnet looked larger. i think i will probably try the regular ivy garnet and just send it back if i don't like it. i don't have a coach store nearby so that is why i ask everybody for their eye witness reports! thanks again!

For a color like the Ivy, I would go for the regular smaller size. I think the big, which is pretty big, would be TOO much green, if that makes sense. In a more neutral color like brown, I like the garnet in large b/c it makes more of a statement.

Hi,
I have the Ivy Garnet in the regular size!!! I love it!!! The color on the Coach site is pretty true or even on the Nordstrom site. The interior is a light green satin. Very pretty ! I was trying to decide between the purple and the green Garnet but I chose the green (Ivy)! I looked at the sizes and for the price, I chose the smaller one. You can get a lot of stuff in it! The large Garnet is only 1 1/2 inches longer and the handle is 1/2 inch longer for a $140 more. I have other bags like my Peyton that is big and I don't fill that one! The regular one is a nice size!!! I also love the Garnet patent Graphite! I say get the Ivy!!!!

Lynne

Hi,
I have the Ivy Garnet in the regular size!!! I love it!!! The color on the Coach site is pretty true or even on the Nordstrom site. The interior is a light green satin. Very pretty ! I was trying to decide between the purple and the green Garnet but I chose the green (Ivy)! I looked at the sizes and for the price, I chose the smaller one. You can get a lot of stuff in it! The large Garnet is only 1 1/2 inches longer and the handle is 1/2 inch longer for a $140 more. I have other bags like my Peyton that is big and I don't fill that one! The regular one is a nice size!!! I also love the Garnet patent Graphite! I say get the Ivy!!!!

Lynne
thanks so much for the input! i think i will try the regular ivy garnet. the style is really interesting, a bit different from the other bags i have. are you able to wear it on your shoulder?

When I saw it in the Coach store, I nearly swooned. The leather and the lining are so beautiful together. :love: I'll get it, but only if I see it at a big discount someday. I can't justify the price right now because I know that I would not use a green bag very often.