opinions on ivy garnet irl ?

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
if anyone has opinions on the ivy garnet in person, please post. am thinking about this bag but haven't seen it irl. also opinions on size regular or large. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Luv2Shop1

Gone shopping
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
It's really beautiful. It is shimmery. If I could justify it, I'd buy it!

cltw

Jan 5, 2009
Virginia
I saw it in person the other day- I think the shade of green is very pretty and the leather was nice.

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
thanks for the opinions! any thoughts on size? would the regular size be larger than the small sabrina??? maybe?

Luv2Shop1

Gone shopping
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
I am not a Sabrina owner, but to me it looks bigger than the Sabrina. I love that the strap is long enough to wear on the shoulder.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I have a sm/med Garnet in Graphite or whatever that color name is and also own sm/med Sabrinas. The Garnet is larger. The small sized Garnet holds a lot so IMO there is no pressing need to go up to a larger size unless you carry a ton in your bag or are just a large bag girl. It truly does hold a lot. I love the Ivy color also...to me it is almost emeraldy...not very different than on the website

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
I have a sm/med Garnet in Graphite or whatever that color name is and also own sm/med Sabrinas. The Garnet is larger. The small sized Garnet holds a lot so IMO there is no pressing need to go up to a larger size unless you carry a ton in your bag or are just a large bag girl. It truly does hold a lot. I love the Ivy color also...to me it is almost emeraldy...not very different than on the website
thank you so much. i have the small and large sabrina and the small is just a little too small for me. i thought the garnet looked larger. i think i will probably try the regular ivy garnet and just send it back if i don't like it. i don't have a coach store nearby so that is why i ask everybody for their eye witness reports! thanks again!

reigo

Jul 18, 2009
Ft Lauderdale, FL
For a color like the Ivy, I would go for the regular smaller size. I think the big, which is pretty big, would be TOO much green, if that makes sense. In a more neutral color like brown, I like the garnet in large b/c it makes more of a statement.

LuvsElvis

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
MN
Hi,
I have the Ivy Garnet in the regular size!!! I love it!!! The color on the Coach site is pretty true or even on the Nordstrom site. The interior is a light green satin. Very pretty ! I was trying to decide between the purple and the green Garnet but I chose the green (Ivy)! I looked at the sizes and for the price, I chose the smaller one. You can get a lot of stuff in it! The large Garnet is only 1 1/2 inches longer and the handle is 1/2 inch longer for a $140 more. I have other bags like my Peyton that is big and I don't fill that one! The regular one is a nice size!!! I also love the Garnet patent Graphite! I say get the Ivy!!!!

Lynne

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
Hi,
I have the Ivy Garnet in the regular size!!! I love it!!! The color on the Coach site is pretty true or even on the Nordstrom site. The interior is a light green satin. Very pretty ! I was trying to decide between the purple and the green Garnet but I chose the green (Ivy)! I looked at the sizes and for the price, I chose the smaller one. You can get a lot of stuff in it! The large Garnet is only 1 1/2 inches longer and the handle is 1/2 inch longer for a $140 more. I have other bags like my Peyton that is big and I don't fill that one! The regular one is a nice size!!! I also love the Garnet patent Graphite! I say get the Ivy!!!!

Lynne
thanks so much for the input! i think i will try the regular ivy garnet. the style is really interesting, a bit different from the other bags i have. are you able to wear it on your shoulder?

SJ of AZ

Wristlet junkie
Jul 7, 2008
Diamondbacks Country
When I saw it in the Coach store, I nearly swooned. The leather and the lining are so beautiful together. :love: I'll get it, but only if I see it at a big discount someday. I can't justify the price right now because I know that I would not use a green bag very often.