Opinions on faux engagement rings for certain travel

This just occurred to me. While on the ering hunt, some of the local jewelers mentioned that you could buy the during in the case with a CZ mounted. In fact, some of the design-it-yourself ring samples already had CZs set in place. In your price range, if you want "real metals" as opposed to plated pieces...might be an option to check out the ering/custom ring section. Just a thought

This just occurred to me. While on the ering hunt, some of the local jewelers mentioned that you could buy the during in the case with a CZ mounted. In fact, some of the design-it-yourself ring samples already had CZs set in place. In your price range, if you want "real metals" as opposed to plated pieces...might be an option to check out the ering/custom ring section. Just a thought

That's a good idea, thanks!

So I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for their responses. I may still buy a CZ travel ring in the future, but for now I decided to get a sterling Hermes Chain d'Ancre band to use in place of my wedding set.

Here it is "in action" in Oia (Santorini). It worked perfectly!!!

Attachments

• DSC04851.JPG
    DSC04851.JPG
    670.8 KB · Views: 544
Here are the actual rings I am referring to. The far left is a plain white gold band worn alone not to draw any attention. The ring stacked on top of it is cz and silver which I have traveled with and the one next to it is silver and 3 stone cz worn on my right hand. The wedding ring set and 3 stone ring on the right are my real rings.

smalls, your travel rings are beautiful and I couldn't tell they are faux. Your real diamonds rings are gorgeous. I sometimes wear my blue topaz cushion cut with diamond setting when I travel bec I did have an incident many years ago when I traveled to Mexico.
So I completely understand your concept of having a travel ring.

Where did you get your faux rings, they look so well made?

smalls, your travel rings are beautiful and I couldn't tell they are faux. Your real diamonds rings are gorgeous. I sometimes wear my blue topaz cushion cut with diamond setting when I travel bec I did have an incident many years ago when I traveled to Mexico.
So I completely understand your concept of having a travel ring.

Where did you get your faux rings, they look so well made?

Thanks so much lucydee! I bought mine from overstock.com since it was one of the only sites I could find with a good selection of size 4 sterling/cz rings.

So I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for their responses. I may still buy a CZ travel ring in the future, but for now I decided to get a sterling Hermes Chain d'Ancre band to use in place of my wedding set.

Here it is "in action" in Oia (Santorini). It worked perfectly!!!

I think this looks great! It's classy and under the radar. Thanks for posting a pic.

What a great thread! We travel alot to lots of developing countries, and I never feel comfortable wearing my wedding set as it is quite conspicuous and blingy. I went out and purchased a plain, thin 2mm gold band to wear when I travel. I never even thought of wearing a CZ set! It's a great idea!

Thanks for the honest opinions. I love to travel and a large part of the enjoyment for me comes from planning what to wear throughout the trip. It just really enhances the over all experience for me. I don't mind being without jewelry, but it isn't nearly as fun. I was thinking of having something faux as an alternative.
I know exactly how you feel, when I trave,l wearing my jewelery is part of the fun and I consider it part of my wardrobe which I take seriously, lol
Depending upon the area I am in I just twist my ring around so no one sees it, so far it's worked.
My sister felt the same way when travelling around Italy, I told her the same and she has a huge rock.

This is brilliant! Your decoys are very similar to your actual rings. I love this idea!

I looked around on Overstock and read some reviews. It's hard to tell what will look nice IRL. The reviews are all over the place. I'm going to try to look in some stores too.
Take a look at Ross Simons, they have some very nice rings set in silver and gold, real and fake diamonds and the quality so far has been good and as someone else mentioned QVC sells diamonique in some beautiful settings. I've purchased a few myself.
A faux eternity ring might be a good idea too.

Maybe I am thinking different because I am older, but I always wear my real rings when traveling. I think my husband would be offended if I bought fakes after all the time and money that went into my real jewelry. I have a wedding ring set total of 3 carats and a three carat band ring, diamond studs and many diamond necklaces. I am never afraid to wear them.

My wedding band is a plain band, with the same design as my husband's. This allows me to wear it all the time no matter what.
If it's not safe to travel with my jewelry (including e-ring), I'd rather wear jewelry that's obviously unexpensive. I wouldn't want to be robbed for fakes...