Opinions on Celine RTW?

I tried Celine jackets and jeans on, fitted me well, but I was not sure if I needed them to buy.

They can make nice jeans as well.

Ari, you are a seducer:biggrin:
I need to go back to Celine, as I need a pair of jeans.
I was told Celine sews jeans in Japan.
I think the fabric is from Japan and they are made in Japan.

Reactions: Tasha1
Yes, I have 2 jeans with the gold hardware and I don’t wear belts with them, I think it would not look good.
Here is JANE FLARE JEANS IN DENIM UNION WASH
View attachment 5962022 And I have
DYLAN FLARED JEANS WITH SIGNATURE IN UNION WASH DENIM
View attachment 5962025
They are cropped on me.
Yes, I have 2 pairs of YSL, but don’t know the names.
this is one of them, I haven’t worn the other yet

View attachment 5962026I think
Celine are more comfortable.
There was a Celine pop up yesterday. I liked the Dylan, but they only had a 24, which I couldn't even get past my thigh. I was able to try on the Margaret in a 26, which fit, but a little tight. I don't own any designer denim (I have primarily Mother or Frame and am a 24 or 25). I didn't like the non-flare of the Margaret, so I passed, but now I'm rethinking these Dylan!

How do the Celine denim wear with time? Do they stretch out a little or stay rather stiff? Wondering if I should go with a 26 or 27 in the Dylan. I hate having to order two sizes and sending one back :/

Also, how does the back side fit on the Dylan? The Margaret were more "mom jean" style and a little baggy... TIA:heart:

Last edited:
There was a Celine pop up yesterday. I liked the Dylan, but they only had a 24, which I couldn't even get past my thigh. I was able to try on the Margaret in a 26, which fit, but a little tight. I don't own any designer denim (I have primarily Mother or Frame and am a 24 or 25). I didn't like the non-flare of the Margaret, so I passed, but now I'm rethinking these Dylan!

How do the Celine denim wear with time? Do they stretch out a little or stay rather stiff? Wondering if I should go with a 26 or 27 in the Dylan. I hate having to order two sizes and sending one back :/
I stopped in at Celine over the weekend and tried a few styles as well. The SA told me that people usually go one size up in the denim.
The Dylan ran much smaller than Margaret and Jane to me. The Dylan 24 but was a little tight, but fit perfect in 25. To contrast, Margaret and Jane were both too big in 25 (they didn't have the 24 to try). Maybe Dylan is designed for a much slimmer fit? I think it's also the only one of the three that was mid rise instead of high rise, so maybe that accounts for some of the difference in how it fit me.

I'm the same way and hate having to play the buying and returning game, so I'd suggest going for the 27 in Dylan, but maybe Ari can shed some light too on sizing differences as the Celine Jean queen! :smile:

• Love
Reactions: Bambs

Also, how does the back side fit on the Dylan? The Margaret were more "mom jean" style and a little baggy... TIA:heart:
Oh I missed the last question! On me, the backside was a bit baggy and not the most flattering, but I also have absolutely zero bum unfortunately. I think if you have a bit more curve there it would fill out nicely. Overall it seems Dylan is a much more "sexy" silhouette than the others.

Oh I missed the last question! On me, the backside was a bit baggy and not the most flattering, but I also have absolutely zero bum unfortunately. I think if you have a bit more curve there it would fill out nicely. Overall it seems Dylan is a much more "sexy" silhouette than the others.
No worries. I edited my response to add that last question, so you prob just missed it before I edited!

Thanks for that :smile: I'm not curvy, but not super skinny either. I'm 35 and had a baby almost 2 years ago now, so my body has changed these days. But I guess I have more of an "athletic" build/rectangle body shape and am short (5'1"). I certainly like a more sexy/fitted denim and while I am technically a mom, the mom jean does not look good on me:lol:

Over the past few years, I have often gone in to look at Celine RTW. I haven’t checked recent collections but I found their price points to be weirdly high for some items.

I’m mainly a Saint Laurent and Burberry girl for RTW (though no longer buy Burberry after Daniel Lee took over). And I’m an aspiring Brunello fan (one day haha).

And I don’t know. I love the Celine look. It feels like the cuter more casual younger sister of SL.
But I can’t bring myself to buy, at least not now.

I have gone in to buy Celine bags and accessories and have enjoyed them all. But I’m not sure if I just need to get out of my comfort zone or if it’s really not my aesthetic. :huh:
Celine also does a lot of denim and tweed which is not something I usually go for.

• Insightful
Reactions: Christofle
I picked up two pieces today. A cute top that can double as a short sleeved jacket or stand alone top and a pair of jeans. I’m 5’2, long waisted and these were a perfect fit. Size 38 top; 27 denim jeans. (I’m normally a 38 chanel; 40 dior, 27 jean, so I would say TTS). Except in the last few years, it seems like Chanel/dior/hermes/ brunello have run large, so I currently take a size or two down in those brands (this season a 36 chanel jean)

Solid construction, comfy. Pricey but not nearly compared to Chanel/dior/Brunello pricing, so it’s all relative. It’s a boxier fit, with some infrastructure in the shoulder, but it worked off rhe rack, no alteration needed. The jeans are slightly boot cut with a chain detail

ETA: IMO most of their collection still looks thrifted from a cool brooklyn shop, but cherry picking around the edges of collections might yield some surprisingly nice things for someone new to the brand.

These items are only worth it if you love them and know you will wear them to death… :smile:
IMG_5790.jpeg IMG_5793.jpeg

Jacket 3400 USD
Jeans 1300 USD

Apologies I cannot find ref #/ticket/receipt for the jacket

Last edited:
I picked up two pieces today. A cute top that can double as a short sleeved jacket or stand alone top and a pair of jeans. I’m 5’2, long waisted and these were a perfect fit. Size 38 top; 27 denim jeans. (I’m normally a 38 chanel; 40 dior, 27 jean, so I would say TTS). Except in the last few years, it seems like Chanel/dior/hermes/ brunello have run large, so I currently take a size or two down in those brands (this season a 36 chanel jean)

Solid construction, comfy. Pricey but not nearly compared to Chanel/dior/Brunello pricing, so it’s all relative. It’s a boxier fit, with some infrastructure in the shoulder, but it worked off rhe rack, no alteration needed. The jeans are slightly boot cut with a chain detail

ETA: IMO most of their collection still looks thrifted from a cool brooklyn shop, but cherry picking around the edges of collections might yield some surprisingly nice things for someone new to the brand.

These items are only worth it if you love them and know you will wear them to death… :smile:
View attachment 5984860 View attachment 5984862

Jacket 3400 USD
Jeans 1300 USD

You look so lovely! That really is the perfect denim wash.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880

View attachment 5984860 View attachment 5984862

Jacket 3400 USD
Jeans 1300 USD

This outfit looks great on you! Looks tailored to fit. And I love the cut of those jeans on you. Amazing wash. Great finds.
I’ve been looking at Celine RTW because I am super casual and love denim. You’ve inspired me to check them out In earnest. I did buy the Triomphe cap that is so easy to wear and of solid construction.

• Thanks
Thank you @EpiFanatic and @anastasiya26
@EpiFanatic , If you scroll up, @ari recommended some other denim brands that you might try. I like chanel denim (black jeans with leather camellias worn below) but they are significantly more expensive.

The leopard jacket is Celine Size 36, wool jacket, about 3800 USD
SA said bc this is a boxy cut, I can take size 36. In a slimmer cut Celine jacket, he said I would be a size 38. (This season, for point of reference, I am a 36 chanel and Hermes. 36 in dior outerwear but 38-40 in skirts bc of my waist).

I didn’t buy this particular one bc it’s on hold for another client, but my SA said there is no problem to get another one. Which is a refreshing change from other brands saying they will do a national search but most likely it’s sold out lol.

IMG_5876.jpeg

ETA: if this were chanel or dior, the jacket might be twice as expensive. I think it’s well constructed. Not quite as well constructed as a classic Chanel jacket, but certainly more structure, more detailed seaming, etc., than a dior. I’m normally not a fan of gold buttons, but it seems appropriate for Celine somehow. Better made than courreges, but similar fit (I think a person would take the same size courreges as Celine)

Last edited:
@EpiFanatic , If you scroll up, @ari recommended some other denim brands that you might try. I like chanel denim (black jeans with leather camellias worn below) but they are significantly more expensive.

SA said bc this is a boxy cut, I can take size 36. In a slimmer cut Celine jacket, he said I would be a size 38. (This season, for point of reference, I am a 36 chanel and Hermes. 36 in dior outerwear but 38-40 in skirts bc of my waist).

I didn’t buy this particular one bc it’s on hold for another client, but my SA said there is no problem to get another one. Which is a refreshing change from other brands saying they will do a national search but most likely it’s sold out lol.

View attachment 5990330

ETA: if this were chanel or dior, the jacket might be twice as expensive. I think it’s well constructed. Not quite as well constructed as a classic Chanel jacket, but certainly more structure, more detailed seaming, etc., than a dior. I’m normally not a fan of gold buttons, but it seems appropriate for Celine somehow. Better made than courreges, but similar fit (I think a person would take the same size courreges as Celine)
Love the jacket on you 880! It looks perfect with black! Twins on the black jeans, I didn’t know the camellias were leather.. I got the jacket too, you might like the cut!

• Thanks

View attachment 5990330

Again. Proportions are great. I noticed that the pricing wasn’t as crazy as Chanel. Please keep us updated on other cool Celine RTW that you’ll be getting.

• Thanks