Opinions on Celine RTW?

Same a huge fan of their jeans
Do you think they warrant the price tag? I've been looking to add one perfect pair of elevated, classic jeans to my wardrobe and accidentally fell in love with a Celine pair in photos - everything about the wash, silhouette, and hardware embellishment looks ideal. I haven't had the chance to try them on or see the quality or fit in person yet, but I'm feeling crazy for even considering spending so much on jeans. Would you say they're truly above and beyond other denim?

Do you think they warrant the price tag? I've been looking to add one perfect pair of elevated, classic jeans to my wardrobe and accidentally fell in love with a Celine pair in photos - everything about the wash, silhouette, and hardware embellishment looks ideal. I haven't had the chance to try them on or see the quality or fit in person yet, but I'm feeling crazy for even considering spending so much on jeans. Would you say they're truly above and beyond other denim?
For me yes! The cotton is Japanese and there are many styles, you need to try them on to find the ones that fit best on me. I just bought 2 pairs and 2 of their silk blouses. They have so many different designs- high waisted, low waisted, wide leg, slim leg, boot cut, boyfriend cut.

For me yes! The cotton is Japanese and there are many styles, you need to try them on to find the ones that fit best on me. I just bought 2 pairs and 2 of their silk blouses. They have so many different designs- high waisted, low waisted, wide leg, slim leg, boot cut, boyfriend cut.
Thank you! Do you have any of the styles with the gold hardware on the waistband? I love those in particular but can't tell if you can wear a belt with it.

I'm also interested in Saint Laurent denim. Do you have any experience with how that compares to the Celine?

Thank you! Do you have any of the styles with the gold hardware on the waistband? I love those in particular but can't tell if you can wear a belt with it.

I'm also interested in Saint Laurent denim. Do you have any experience with how that compares to the Celine?
Yes, I have 2 jeans with the gold hardware and I don’t wear belts with them, I think it would not look good.
Here is JANE FLARE JEANS IN DENIM UNION WASH
IMG_6404.jpeg And I have
DYLAN FLARED JEANS WITH SIGNATURE IN UNION WASH DENIM
IMG_8345.jpeg
They are cropped on me.
Yes, I have 2 pairs of YSL, but don’t know the names.
this is one of them, I haven’t worn the other yet

IMG_1925.jpegI think
Celine are more comfortable.

Yes, I have 2 jeans with the gold hardware and I don’t wear belts with them, I think it would not look good.
View attachment 5962022 And I have
View attachment 5962025
They are cropped on me.

View attachment 5962026I think
These all look amazing on you! Your style is so lovely. We must be denim twins, that YSL wash and cut is exactly the one I've had my eye on! The Celine flare might be my favorite. Does the Union wash vary a lot across styles? Sometimes it looks tinted and dark like the YSL and other times like a classic medium blue.

And noted on the belt. I might need to try it with when I make it into a Celine boutique since I love the chain detail on its own, but would want the versatility of wearing with a belt. Thank you for your help!

These all look amazing on you! Your style is so lovely. We must be denim twins, that YSL wash and cut is exactly the one I've had my eye on! The Celine flare might be my favorite. Does the Union wash vary a lot across styles? Sometimes it looks tinted and dark like the YSL and other times like a classic medium blue.

And noted on the belt. I might need to try it with when I make it into a Celine boutique since I love the chain detail on its own, but would want the versatility of wearing with a belt. Thank you for your help!
Sorry I made a mistake the wide leg jeans on the first picture are KITTY GOURMETTE, not sure which wash. Might be pismo wash. The site is pretty confusing and you can’t see the cuts well, as they don’t show them on models.
I think the union wash is pretty consistent. I misled you with my pictures for the color.
I also have another style - SERGE FLARE JEANS IN DARK UNION WASH DENIM

IMG_4130.jpeg These
Are longer and flared, they look better than in this picture.
Hope this is helpful, buying jeans is frustrating! One needs to try. It helps to have a nice SA

Sorry I made a mistake the wide leg jeans on the first picture are KITTY GOURMETTE, not sure which wash. Might be pismo wash. The site is pretty confusing and you can’t see the cuts well, as they don’t show them on models.
I think the union wash is pretty consistent. I misled you with my pictures for the color.
I also have another style - SERGE FLARE JEANS IN DARK UNION WASH DENIM

View attachment 5962139 These
Are longer and flared, they look better than in this picture.
Hope this is helpful, buying jeans is frustrating! One needs to try. It helps to have a nice SA
Thank you! Ah, that makes more sense. Union and Dark Union are such stunning washes. This definitely helped. Your whole wardrobe is to die for!

View attachment 5962022 And I have
View attachment 5962025
They are cropped on me.

View attachment 5962026I think
You look amazing. I think you’ve now sold me re Celine denim lol. For expensive denim, until this post, I have looked to Chanel (which my SA usually finds for me at an, albeit still expensive, sale price).

You look amazing. I think you’ve now sold me re Celine denim lol. For expensive denim, until this post, I have looked to Chanel (which my SA usually finds for me at an, albeit still expensive, sale price).
I think I tried any brand out there, but I think Celine is the best
Here is LV
IMG_1828.jpegAnd
Strangely found a nice pair in Versace

IMG_1905.jpegLove the color and the pleat.
Of course Chanel, but they fit a bit strange, no??

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
I think I tried any brand out there, but I think Celine is the best
Here is LV
View attachment 5962657And
Strangely found a nice pair in Versace

View attachment 5962659Love the color and the pleat.
Of course Chanel, but they fit a bit strange, no??

Agree :smile: Chanel’s have to be altered, sometimes in interesting ways lol.

May I ask, do you generally take the same size in Celine (or YSL or LV) denim as in Chanel denim? TIA

Agree :smile: Chanel’s have to be altered, sometimes in interesting ways lol.

May I ask, do you generally take the same size in Celine (or YSL or LV) denim as in Chanel denim? TIA
Hi dear 880,
The sizes are all over the place, I have 27 and 28 in Celine, 36 in LV and I’m 38 in Chanel.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
I visited the Celine store recently to buy the small Boston and also looked at the ready to wear. Prices are high, but the denim, and chasseur jackets (sp?) are lovely. I was surprised that a gorgeous jacket was lined in a rayon/viscose material but I guess it is more sturdy than silk lining, and it still felt nice against the skin. While the clothes are expensive I find their material is much nicer than other comparably or slight lower priced ready to wear (looking at you Hermes). Saving up for one of those jackets!

ETA: I've only been upgrading wardrobe to designer RTW in the past year, and have only bought unlined pieces so far so not sure if the lining thing is standard practice or even worth mentioning above! Would defer to more experienced RTW buyers about this

Last edited:
Reactions: Ready2wear
I visited the Celine store recently to buy the small Boston and also looked at the ready to wear. Prices are high, but the denim, and chasseur jackets (sp?) are lovely. I was surprised that a gorgeous jacket was lined in a rayon/viscose material but I guess it is more sturdy than silk lining, and it still felt nice against the skin. While the clothes are expensive I find their material is much nicer than other comparably or slight lower priced ready to wear (looking at you Hermes). Saving up for one of those jackets!

ETA: I've only been upgrading wardrobe to designer RTW in the past year, and have only bought unlined pieces so far so not sure if the lining thing is standard practice or even worth mentioning above! Would defer to more experienced RTW buyers about this
Not sure if rayon viscose is more sturdy than silk as a lining, or how sturdy Celine linings are. Women’s premier branded RTW is often fully lined; and some prefer full lining on jackets and coats bc they allow the garments underneath to slide on more easily. (The exception being double faced cashmere).

It’s also a vanity thing; Hermes sometimes uses scarf patterns as linings. Dolce & gabbana years ago used beautiful silk leopard print. I happen to like the camellia embossed silk linings of some of the chanel pieces.

However, RTW that is unlined can be even more expensive bc a half or unlined jacket has exposed inner seams that are just as fully and beautifully finished as the outside of the garment. Some of our members who are more experienced with sartorial men’s RTW may have a better grasp of this concept than I have, @Christofle, @papertiger. A men’s jacket that is half lined will have a more natural shoulder.

Reactions: Pursedoctor