Opinions Needed! Soufflot v PM v Montaigne

May 10, 2017
I'm looking for my next LV purchase and would love to hear some pros/cons of any of these bags I'm currently thinking of getting. Would love to hear your thoughts from those who have/had any of these bags.

Also, would love everyone/anyone's opinion from PF on which colors or styles looks best!

1. Montaigne MM in Vernis Dune
louis-vuitton-montaigne-mm-monogram-vernis-leder-handtaschen--M50169_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

2. Soufflot in Epi Noir
louis-vuitton-soufflot-mm-epi-leder-handtaschen--M94382_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

3. Pochette Métis in Empriente Noir
louis-vuitton-pochette-m%C3%A9tis-monogram-empreinte-leder-handtaschen--M41487_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

Thank you in advance! :heart::heart::heart:

Between the Montaigne and the Soufflot, definitely Montaigne. The PM is a totally different bag. I have the PM in reverse and I love it, the only other PMs I love are the mono and the infra rouge. I love empreinte leather (I have the Artsy in black and I love it) but I don't care for the PM in empreinte.

So Montaigne it is for me, and I love the vernis but I would not go for the dune, the combination of patent and light colour make it too high maintenance for me.

Between the Montaigne and the Soufflot, definitely Montaigne. The PM is a totally different bag. I have the PM in reverse and I love it, the only other PMs I love are the mono and the infra rouge. I love empreinte leather (I have the Artsy in black and I love it) but I don't care for the PM in empreinte.

So Montaigne it is for me, and I love the vernis but I would not go for the dune, the combination of patent and light colour make it too high maintenance for me.

Thank you Tropezienne!! Yeah, the PM is a totally diff bag. It's like my back up if they don't happen to have the Montaigne or Soufflot in the color I like. I do also like the PM in the classic monogram, but I already have a Neverfull in classic monogram and was looking for a different pattern.

I also agree that the Montaigne in vernis dune is def high maintenance (plus I almost always usually go for dark (black) for purses just because of dye transfers), but I didn't see vernis black on their website. Does anyone know if they make it in black vernis?

The Montaigne comes in just about every type of leather and canvas. I don't know about availability of each type or colour. I prefer the vernis because it has the rings to attach the strap on the sides of the bag and not at the base of the handles.

I once looked at the new Brea as an alternative to the Montaigne. I don't know if the style is still current though.

Please let us know what you do get!

The vernis montainge comes in Aramante too which is IMhO such a beautiful colour.
But I live in Australia and black is also available in the Australian website.

Last edited:
The Montaigne comes in just about every type of leather and canvas. I don't know about availability of each type or colour. I prefer the vernis because it has the rings to attach the strap on the sides of the bag and not at the base of the handles.

I once looked at the new Brea as an alternative to the Montaigne. I don't know if the style is still current though.

Please let us know what you do get!

Omg! I didn't notice until you mentioned it but you're right! The empriente has it inside the handles.

I've always liked the brea too but i would have to check to see if they even still carry it. When I go to Europe next month, I'll post pics of what I get!

The vernis montainge comes in Aramante too which is IMhO such a beautiful colour.
But I live in Australia and black is also available in the Australian website.

I like the aramante too for the dark color, but my wardrobe is very neutral (black/white/grey) so I tend to stay within the same shades.

Hm, interesting. Since LV doesn't have a Dutch website, I've been just looking at the German website to at least browse styles and prices but they didn't have the black. I guess I'll have to ask when I get there. :smile:

Do you have a Montaigne yourself? If so, how do you like it?

I like the aramante too for the dark color, but my wardrobe is very neutral (black/white/grey) so I tend to stay within the same shades.

Hm, interesting. Since LV doesn't have a Dutch website, I've been just looking at the German website to at least browse styles and prices but they didn't have the black. I guess I'll have to ask when I get there. :smile:

Do you have a Montaigne yourself? If so, how do you like it?
The US and Australia have black vernis.

I have the Montaigne MM in marine rogue and I love-love it. It's very feminine, easy to access and fits a lot but can get heavy if filled being all leather.
It's beautiful in real life IMHO. I chose the empreinte leather because I dress very casually and it would be used more. I prefer the bigger opening on the zippered middle section too.

The US and Australia have black vernis.

I have the Montaigne MM in marine rogue and I love-love it. It's very feminine, easy to access and fits a lot but can get heavy if filled being all leather.
It's beautiful in real life IMHO. I chose the empreinte leather because I dress very casually and it would be used more. I prefer the bigger opening on the zippered middle section too.

Oh marine rogue is nice! Does the long strap at the base of the handles make it awkward to wear on the empriente?

It is a little bit but like most things, it's just something that needs getting used to. I haven't had it too long as well. But before acquiring it, I planned this bag to be my "hand carry-crook of the arm bag" and use the PM and speedy B25 for long shopping and running around mainly. I'm a small bag kind of girl so this bag is what is missing in my very small collection. Not too big but can carry a substantial amount. I also love-love the look of it and it is so feminine.

I have seen some utubers saying it is annoying though, so you may really need to try it for yourself.

Last edited:
Hello!

I have the same dilemma. I have the PM in Empreinte but I think I want to exchange it for the Montaigne MM instead but I`m still undecided. Have you made a decision yet?

thank you!

Hello!

I have the same dilemma. I have the PM in Empreinte but I think I want to exchange it for the Montaigne MM instead but I`m still undecided. Have you made a decision yet?

thank you!

I heard the PM is impossible to find in Europe so I will have to see what the store has in stock...

Why do you want to exchange it?

I leave in a week so I'll let you know when I get there!