Opinions needed for a gift...

GirlieShoppe

Formerly HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
DH and I bought this bag (at an outlet store) for all the ladies that work in his office. At first I thought it would be a good idea to get them all the same bag, but now I'm having second thoughts. The women range in age from early 20s to early 40s. Do you think this bag was a good choice?

Thanks in advance for your opinions -- I appreciate it!

Disclaimer: I couldn't take a photo of the bag because they are already gift wrapped, so I borrowed the photo from an eBay auction.

Attachments

• Coach.jpg
    Coach.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 60
Did you get it in different colors? Something like this is so hard because if they all have the same bag it can get confusing at work! LOL

I think that bag is beautiful for a 20 year old or a 40 year old, so no worries there.

I personally would not do that..Maybe same bag, different colors or stick to a price point and get different bags completely.. As Buttercup said, it would end up too confusing, esp since they all work together..Plus the novelty would be gone, if all of them had the same bag and knew it..

How many women are we talking about 5 or 50? :biggrin:

I don't think the same bag for everybody is a good idea, but I do like the idea of the same price point for everyone.

Buttercup, Purseopolis, and Toonces: Thanks so much for your feedback!

There are 4 staff members. The outlet only had the camel color in stock. I did think it might be too confusing if they all brought them to work at the same time, but the store didn't have any other decent options at that price point. I may call around and see if I can find any other colors...

I was thinking... what about monogramming? I know some people hate that so it may not be a popular idea, but I think it would be cute to monogram their initials on each bag. Kind of makes it more personal.

Yes, getting them different bags is a must. I think it is VERY thoughtful of you and your husband to buy a coach bag for an employee! Just different bags or colors is more appropriate. It wouldn't be fun to all have the same bag!

What would you think about giving them a Giftcard from Coach this way maybe they can find something different and to their liking. JMO
The purse is nice but maybe not a good idea to give the four of them the same color

Buttercup, BadgeGirl, almabr06: Thanks for your opinions -- I appreciate it!

Everyone has made excellent points and suggestions. I knew I'd get honest feedback from you ladies! I am definitely re-thinking the purses now. Even though they work together, they all live in different cities and it would be very unlikely that they would run into each other outside the office. However, I'm definitely thinking we should at least get different colors.

^^Thanks, Toonces! I really like it too and almost got one for myself. I am calling the other outlets in my state to see what colors they have. Hopefully they are not sold out yet!

Can I work for you and your husband? If you're hiring I will send my resume. lol

I think that is the sweetest idea ever to be honest.

I would get different bags for each girl, maybe the SA would help if you told her what her you needed 4 bags same price for each and give small personality traits that your hubby could get for you. Like age and fav color type stuff.

Nice idea, but I agree with the others. I am not so sure a 20 yr old would want to carry the same bag as 40 yr old. (I hope I do not offend anyone-just saying)
And all having the same bag could be confusing, etc.
A gift card would be very nice if they are close enough to use it. That way they could get the style they want & love and even get a nicer bag with a little of their own $ if they choose.
Otherwise, even if you got them all different bags someone is going to be jealous of the other ones bag-lol.