Opinions About Rouge H

Rouge H is an amazing color. However, note that it looks radically different on different leathers.

1) Yes, it's a neutral, in the sense that navy is a neutral IMO. Since "oxblood" became so popular it's as though trends caught up to Rouge H.
2) I think year-round depends more on leather, not colour, so I will say yes. It's more about appropriate setting: you would not take a Rouge H box Kelly to the beach (well, I would not) but you can certainly take to dinner in Manhattan any night of the year.

If you are thinking about a Birkin, you will probably be looking at Togo, Clemence, Epsom, or maybe Box or Chevre if you get lucky. Rouge H is beautiful in all these colours but currently in Epsom it's very brown. It's still a lovely colour (if you like Epsom) but not the deep red we usually associated with RH. In Box it is stunning.

I am totally perplexed by how a colour can be an age but thats just me :shrugs:
This!!

Rouge H to me is a neutral - it looks fabulous with almost any color and can be worn with practically anything. I also think it is dependent on the leather as it can looks very brown in some leathers but the Rouge H that I love is the wine/cherry color that you usually find in vintage box calf.

I also think it can be worn year round though less often in the summer. I think Rouge H is more versatile than black (which I only wear in the winter) and looks good with anything from jeans to flowy sundresses but again, it depends on the shade and leather.

Also, I never associate color with age -- anyone can wear any color at any age. It's the attitude, not the color, that makes the difference.

I am a typical east coast girl ..my wardrobe? Grey, Black, Beige, Navy so red bag is perfect pop of color for me. I have a Birkin in rouge casaque and trust me I'd be carrying it all year round. It even looks awesome with jeans and simple black or white tee.

And, seriously who put age on colors?!!! LOL

I have a Rouge H garden party and tend to wear it in fall and winter, but that's just me. My SA pointed out that with its white contrast stitching, it would be fabulous in the summer with a pair of white jeans! So again, I think it depends on style, leather, and of course, personal preference.

Reactions: HeartHermes
I don't have anything in Rough H but I think it's a great neutral color and it has been growing on me ... I can see myself carrying a mou bolide in rough H clemence :smile: but I would not carry it in the spring or summer ...

I love RH Box with GHW. Please see my avatar - I have it in a vintage Constance and my HG Birkin. Also in a Clemence Picotin and a Box Bearn. I think it's an Hermes classic, can be worn at least for 3 seasons and only ages you if you feel it does.

I love VINTAGE Rouge H, but the more recent one has too much brown undertones and I don't like that. So I would buy vintage Rouge H in a heartbeat but not the "new" one.

Here's a pic of my Rouge H Plume, with Rouge Garance on the left and Prune Box one the right:

Attachments

• AAA 3 ROSSI.JPG
    AAA 3 ROSSI.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,294
Reactions: More bags