Opinion plz! Am I crazy for thinking about selling my 05 gray reissue & baby cabas?

Whatever decision is, i'm sure you know what is your priorities. Like you said there are always nicer bags that you may not know when it pops up.

Go for what best works for you!~

I am petite too and I never like the cabas. I think you should keep the 05 grey reissue if you love the color because that bag is timeless. Don't sell your small bag because you are having a baby. I have a three year old and I love my bag collections from big to small. When my baby was really small, I used my big bag to go around with her. As she is getting bigger now, I find myself very confortable and have lots of funs carrying my small bag.

i was in the same position - sold alot of my chanel bags when baby was on the way, including my grey 05 reissue. i'm regretting it somewhat because when your daughter is older, you wont need to lug around so much and you will start to use your smaller bags again. the 226 is great for evenings or days when you dont want to carry alot. you can use it messenger style and carry a bigger bag for the baby too. so dont be in a hurry to sell it. the cabas sounds useful as well so i'd keep both.

congrats on your baby girl! i am in the exact same boat as you are, it's crazy! i'm expecting my first, a girl also, in early september and just this week i decided to post and sell 3 of my bags that are probably not going to be used much because they are either too small or fragile to be around a newborn.
i feel sad parting with them too, but i figure, if they were unused in the closet for months then it probably won't really affect me if they were gone. Also, i can then use the funds to buy something that i can use as both a diaper bag/purse in one or just something else that i am in love with and will use rather than have it sitting in the closet.
if you aren't sure then keep them for now, until the baby comes and then you can use them for a day and see how it feels. i have a coco cabas and i'm planning on using that some days as a baby bag also. good luck with your decisions and congrats on your little one!!

First of all ... congrats on your baby girl, expecting a baby is so exciting and scary at the same time but absolutely worth it in the end!

I also recommend keeping both ... I have three children of my own and trust me, you get pretty tired of carrying around a diaper bag! You'll definitely be using the baby cabas in the near future ... as for the 05 grey reissue, I would keep it since it is a special edition. If you sell it, I can almost guarantee that you will regret it when your daughter is older.

I don't have children, so I can't comment from that angle, but I have owned and then parted with both reissue flaps and a baby cabas.

I never found the reissues comfortable to carry because of the type of chain they have. I love the way they look, but I never enjoyed carrying it. I felt like I was always fussing with it. So I didn't regret parting with mine.

However, I parted with my baby cabas and MAJORLY regretted it. It was hard to replace it (though I finally did) but in my opinion, that's such a great, comfy, practical bag and they are pretty hard to come by. I think the cabas looks amazing on too. it's not as beautiful to look at when it's just sitting there, the way a reissue is, but I think it's a bag that looks great on everyone.

Of course, the most important thing is what works for your new lifestyle! That's just my experience.

Good luck deciding and congrats on your baby!

Congrats on the baby. I say definitely get rid of your handheld bags. With 2 girls I need my hands free. I would keep the reissue and baby cabas until the baby comes and see if you want to use the cabas instead of an ordinary diaper bag. I wish they had something fashionable when my girls were smaller. Now that they are a little older I can use my smaller bag to go out to dinner or shopping. But you can still use your reissue and have a seperate diaper bag. If we go to a museum or some place that I need a big bag I use my classic and have a tokidoki tote that my girls love to look at. Or else I use my GST and if it get's to heavy I usually hang it on the cart. But if you are not really going to use them then sell them and get something you will use and love.

Congratulations on expecting hikarupanda!

I think you should definitely keep your reissue. I remember you were one of the first to get the grey reissue and the trouble you went through to get the perfect one. You might really regret selling it later on. It's a really special collectible bag and you'll still be able to use it after your children are grown.

hikarupanda congratulations on the expecting!!!!

i am 5'1, got a 3 yrs old girl and expecting a NB in Oct, hehe....
But i love my blk cabas sooooo much!!! it's perfect to go out with child, but not NB, coz u need to bring lots of stuffs for a NB.

for the 226 reissue, i think it's a bit too small for everyday use

hi hikarupanda. if your reason is only to buy bigger bags, please dont sell them. but if you also think that it will just be a waste not using them, then maybe you can go ahead and sell them. but chanel is a classic. sooner or later you might regret selling them. but once you decide on selling them, can i get your baby cabas in bronze please???

Congrats on your first baby! :yahoo:

As much as I would love to be in line for your anniversary grey reissue, but I think you might regret it later if you let that go. because it won't come around again. The Cabas I can understand that if you don't use it much and its not really a collector's item, then it's fine to consider to part with that. :heart: