Opinion on this Bottega Veneta?

Thanks! I adore those shoes. Should have bought the satin pumps off LVR when they were only $535 ... in the US they retail for a little under $800....

They are totally waitlisted out ... even Ikram is sold out, I believe. Going to try my secret place next week. Fingers crossed.

BalenciagaLove said:
Also, I love the shoes in your avatar!!!

I'm not an expert on croc skins ... would love to get a vintage croc bag ... but don't know any good vintage stores.

I might buy a limited edition small messenger instead. I couldn't find any pictures online. It reminds me of something Mulberry would make, military/safari inspired.

I think I'm going for broke. Totally loving the crocodile Bottegas.

gratytude said:
it's nice because it's real croc...but, it looks kind of prim and boxy and not a lot of style..it can still be, and should be classic at this price, but there isn't much zing...not even in the shape..

don't laugh, but there are some amazing vintage croc bags out there, where this was inpired "from"....with better price tags, and better styling...sorry to rain on the parade.

Its a gorgeous bag! It is too small for me for an everyday bag- but like edsbgrl said, if you don't carry a whole lot- it can work! And BTW- the hobo is truly beautiful!

you are not getting it for the full price, aren't you?

Serioulsy! I think you are buying the bag for the wrong reason. I loved it, but you dont seem excited about the style of the bag, all your concern is for the skin, which takes away from the pleasure of owning a BV bag.

IMO the one you attached is an awesome piece, I'm not sure about the color you are thinking of. And that style is definitaly not for a daily bag.

While I wouild consider it too small for an everyday bag, it`s still a beautiful piece and timeless enough to carry for many many years to come! I absolutely love the texture of Crocodile and tend to look at it as sort of an investment.

Besides, this bag would look perfect if styled with an early 20th-century decade look, think of the 20`s to the 40`s!

Definately!

I think croc pieces are more of "investment" pieces, which you will use for decades! Which is prolly why the croc pieces tend to be a lil more conservative, and not as trendy as other bags made of say leather for example.

The shape of the clutch which you posted last year doesn't quite do it for me, and I much prefer the frame bag. :P

However, if you're looking for a croc bag from BV, I think you would really enjoy, and get a lot of mileage from their Knots. :yes:

The bag is gorgeous but I'm not sure you'd be able to use it as a day bag, unless you carry tiny tiny bags often.

I think someone metioned getting a Kelly, but you wanted a croco bag, Why not go with a Nancy Gonzalez? She's famed for her croco creations and her bags are larger, she's the queen of crocodile. One of her bags I could definately justify as an day bag. And she had some gorgeous silhouettes for totes/bigger bags.

Still love that Bottega though.

Edit: For some reason my NM's link to her stuff isn't showing up but you can view her current stuff at BG. http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...lter2Type=&filter2Value=&filterOverride=&sort=