Only bag that is more difficult to get than a Hermes -- a Goyard!

Well, as usual I'm a little late to the party......what in the world is all the hullabaloo about Goyard? What IS Goyard and more importantly, where have I BEEN that I don't know a thing about it????????

ok....let me check it out.....Bergdorfs? Barneys?:shrugs:

...and let's just hope I don't LIKE this brand 'cause it's all I can handle with Hermes!

shopmom411 said:
Well, as usual I'm a little late to the party......what in the world is all the hullabaloo about Goyard? What IS Goyard and more importantly, where have I BEEN that I don't know a thing about it????????

...and let's just hope I don't LIKE this brand 'cause it's all I can handle with Hermes!

ShopMom, since you're in SF you can totally just pop into their store at SF. i think it's at Union Square or something.:yes:

Hmmm. that's interesting. they're fairly easy to obtain over here. granted, if they don't have it in stock, then they'll have to order it but the wait's only a few months. and the painting isn't a problem. the last time, i was there, the SA showed me a binder full of designs that they can paint on the bags/luggage.

shopmom411 said:

hola! goyard's is the predecessor of LV. as Hermes is to BV.

they're the street from the Disney store, next to B&O!

it's an acquired taste but it's still quality handmade luxury goods from Europe.

free-standing boutique (just like you're beloved Hermes).

no bergdorfs yet and they're still working on barneys. that's slated to open end of next year (i think). but bloomies should be open by end of the month.

check it out, on your next visit from Berkeley. the staff's super-friendly.

crochetbella said:
:yes: :yes: :yes: They are! I visit them every weekend and we talk Goyard and Hermes (they are H fans too). DH collapses in one of their comfy chairs while the boys and I chat away. :lol:

I have to admit, they're one of the few brands who doesn't mind talking about Hermes. Actually, they're pretty knowledgeable about Hermes, which i think is cool!

Btw Crochetbella, the next time you're there, can you see if there's any of that new pale pink color there?:flowers: I saw some on Barney's website ... I'm curious as to whether the boutique has gotten some as well ... It may be a good way to use my credit:yes: .

koukanamiya said:
Btw Crochetbella, the next time you're there, can you see if there's any of that new pale pink color there?:flowers: I saw some on Barney's website ... I'm curious as to whether the boutique has gotten some as well ... It may be a good way to use my credit:yes: .

No problem Kou. I'll let you know as soon as they get some in! :flowers:

tokyogirl said:
I just looked at the Barney's site and didn't see a pink one. Am I missing something?

TokyoGirl, I only saw the pink one for the Cardholder. However, the pale pink is supposed to be a new color that is coming out sometime next year. Therefore, when I saw that they have it in a cardholder, I see it as a good sign that the pink may be released sooner than speculated ... They used to have an old pink that's like a raspberry color. However, they discontinued it because they said that color is too close to the red they already have. The new pink is supposed to be more like Barbie Pink.:flowers:

P.S. Isn't it like 2am in Tokyo? You're a night owl!!!

koukanamiya said:
TokyoGirl, I only saw the pink one for the Cardholder. However, the pale pink is supposed to be a new color that is coming out sometime next year. Therefore, when I saw that they have it in a cardholder, I see it as a good sign that the pink may be released sooner than speculated ... They used to have an old pink that's like a raspberry color. However, they discontinued it because they said that color is too close to the red they already have. The new pink is supposed to be more like Barbie Pink.:flowers:

P.S. Isn't it like 2am in Tokyo? You're a night owl!!!

Kou, thanks for the info! Yes, it's now 230 a.m. and I just got home. It was a late night at work....

tokyogirl said:
I had NO idea how difficult it was to get a Goyard. Maybe it's just the Goyard store in Takashimaya, but they told me that all bags (except for the "little bags") are on back order (couple of months) and it would take an additional couple of months for any special order (for painting, etc.). Forget about trying to get the white Goyard (which was of course stated in a more polite fashion by the Goyard SA) :nuts:

Well, I guess unlike Hermes anybody can order a bag at Goyard, but still......

If you live in Tokyo, you can go to omotesando. There is a free standing Goyard shop there. I live in the Philippines and was in Tokyo 2 weeks ago and was surprised to find a goyard shop there. I didn't think twice and bought a Jeanne goyard myself. I think there is also one in the Nihombashi area.