Online Dating

Well... I did the online dating thing... and that's where I met my current boyfriend (we met last summer). I had gone on a few dates with various guys.... some really really creeped me the heck out and others were nice guys... just confused. LOL! If he's one of the guys that is all about you for a week... then backs off... and then suddenly is "interested" again, chances are he really isn't very interested and is just contacting you again so he's not "alone" (things probably didn't work out between him and someone else). And another thing... never, never settle for the first guy to show interest. You really do have to "shop around" or go on various dates with various people. When I met the guy I'm with now, everything came so naturally. He regularly contacted me and wanted to hang out/go out. I regularly contacted him for the same reason. He never "tried to put the moves on me". Nothing. Complete gentleman. Just take your time and have FUN! Oh, and don't forget to laugh about the creeps :o)

Online Dating! Haha! For some people, it works. For some, it doesn’t work.

I am currently engage and going to be married this coming April 21. How I met my DH? Through Friendster! He saw me on Friendster and since he was a friend of my close friend, I thought it is ok to message him back since he’s not a stranger for me at all. I asked my friend about his background and seemed ok. We started dating, and now, we’re getting married! Not to mention we’re going to have a baby this coming August! :biggrin: Worked for me!

I am currently engage and going to be married this coming April 21. How I met my DH? Through Friendster! He saw me on Friendster and since he was a friend of my close friend, I thought it is ok to message him back since he’s not a stranger for me at all. I asked my friend about his background and seemed ok. We started dating, and now, we’re getting married! Not to mention we’re going to have a baby this coming August! :biggrin: Worked for me!

CONGRATS!!!! :yahoo:

congrats ~!

There are more fish in the sea! It is a bummer that he just stopped talking to you and since you hit it off so well but there is plenty more where that came from! I believe that online dating can work! You just have to keep at it, just like regular dating! When a connection really happens and the guy is really really interested or into you, then you'll know!

No matter how much it sucks and no matter how much you say you don't, I think all people (guys and girls) play games a bit. Waiting to see if he calls you instead of calling him...playing a game. Not answering his calls to seem unavailable...playing a game. Letting it be known that you're seeing other guys...playing a game. If everyone was completely up front and honest, dating wouldn't be fun 90% of the time, and you know it's true. There has to be a little something there that challenges you in regards to the other person or else he/she is too boring. However, I think once it's established that you both are very interesting in dating, the games should stop. You've gotten each other, now it's time to buckle down and be responsible.

I think dating should be fun, not stressful. Take things with a grain of salt and definitely don't take things personally. There will be tons of guys out there that won't be interested in you for more than just a week. And they'll lose interest cause you chew your food funny or cause you wear lipstick that's too red. That's ok. You don't want to be with those guys anyway. That's the way it works. Either you filter the men out, or they filter you out.

Oh, and when you do go out... do us guys a favor and let us know when you're interested. I'm not saying you should walk up and grab our crotch. All you need to do is look at us. That's easy enough? Yea? If you look at us more than twice, and smile, that's all we need to know that you think we're a possible match for you. Look at us, eye flirt for about 30 minutes, then walk away from your gaggle of friends for a minute to maybe get a drink or "make a call" (I mean, what guy really wants to come up to a group of girls to hit on you?). That will give us an opportunity to approach without feeling overwhelmed, and to be alone with you to chat.

Finally...this guy.. like I said, I've done the same thing. I've juggled 3-4 girls at once, and it's not easy, and really not that much fun for that matter, but if the guy seems nice and is genuine, give him a shot. It's only been what...2-3 weeks? If his behaviour keeps up, then dump him. He should know if you're a girl he could spend more time with after 2-3 dates. After that, if he's still hit or miss, take him off your list. I was seeing this girl who one weekend would be all about me, then I'd not hear from her for days. That went on for about two months (only cause I thought she was HOT!), then I just stopped talking to her. She'd call "I miss you, let's hang out". I'd tell her "Hey, I'm here. Set it up, and I'll be there". It would never happen. Finally, I just wrote her off as filler. If she called, and I was bored, sure, I'd meet up, but I wouldn't attach any emotions to it, and that was fine for me. I knew her plan, and that's fine. She was a hot girl who was probably dating 2 or 3 guys. I can't blame her for that, but by no means was I gonna get caught up in her. It's all about what you feel comfortable with and how easily you get attached or hurt. Figure that out, then date accordingly.

that's the thing he did seem genuine and nice but then he plays games. he was fun company and made me laugh. and i thought maybe we could be at least friends and hang out every now and then.

i never viewed as waiting for a guy to call instead of calling a game. i do that all the time. and i usually wait for the guy to suggest to do something (i'm always afraid of rejection)

does smiling at guys work? i feel like i'll make eye connection with boys at bars and smile and all that but then he doesn't come up to me? and then the guys that do are total creeps!