One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

It wasn't the reference to "taitai" I found rude.

I think the "have to be insane to spend 5K on a bag" and Kou starting a thread with the whole negative vibe of what her SO thinks about the Hermes board is just imature and rude. She's mentioned his feelings over and over on the board and I really don't care to hear her SO's quotes about how "insane" we all must be.

I completely agree. But what bothers me is that Kou kind of seems like she thought it was cute or something.

Either way, I think it is in poor taste to post such a rude comment on here that is offensive to the ladies here. Especially since the ladies here have been so supportive of Kou's endless Hermes drama.

I completely agree. But what bothers me is that Kou kind of seems like she thought it was cute or something.

Either way, I think it is in poor taste to post such a rude comment on here that is offensive to the ladies here. Especially since the ladies here have been so supportive of Kou's endless Hermes drama.

ITA!!! It seems to me that Kou's relationship w/ Hermes in all aspects is ALL drama and from previous threads, HARDLY EVER a good or happy experience...only stress and worry. I find it rather strange how a luxury item can bring on so much negative feelings, resentment and regret in Kou's life; esp in this forum when most of our threads usually involve sharing in the joy of obtaining our dream H goodies. Perhaps she needs to reexamine if Hermes is good for her life at all.:idea: :idea:

^^^^ Yikes, isn't this harsh? Do we really want to hurt Kou's feelings by saying things like this. It just isn't kind. I am sure she did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

^^^^ Yikes, isn't this harsh? Do we really want to hurt Kou's feelings by saying things like this. It just isn't kind. I am sure she did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings.
With all due respect, it seems to me that we should also be concerned about people being offended by what she posted. And such concern IS a part of the sisterhood.

Hmmmm .... some things are better said through PMs:hysteric:
I'm sorry but she opened the door when she started the thread. I'm not trying to be overly combative, but I guess I have just had it with constant insults about how much we spend on Hermes bags. Why does it have to be such a negative thing that we appreciate quality and enjoy our handbags? There are worse pursuits we could be following than handbags.

:shrugs:

With all due respect, it seems to me that we should also be concerned about people being offended by what she posted. And such concern IS a part of the sisterhood.

Those who are offended should perhaps take it to PM rather than bashing a member in a public forum. I am appalled at the way this has been handled. I am certainly not a member of the sisterhood you mention.

This is my fifth time trying to post since my cell keeps crashing so needless to say, I'm short on patience. I'm just going to straight forward about this, I'm tired of walking on eggshells. I'm not the first person (and I won't be the last either) to post about people close to us making remarks about our being "outs" to spend on Hermes. However, when others post about it, it was ok. But when it was me, it was a crime. Same things happened with the shrinkwrap issue, i'm not the only one who is like that, but I get chewed out for it. Go figure. I'm tired of having to defend myself and having my posts taken out of context. If I had found my SO'S remark cute, I wouldn't have said I would've smacked him upside the head if I was present. I supposed I should've thrown in a few choiced words to illustrate that I was offended but then I'm sure I would've gotten chewed out for that too. So, it's damo if I do, damo if I don't *shrug*. I started this thread for several reasons. First being that I was offende by what my SO said and I wanted to vent since I know I'm not alone in this. Second reason being that I was hoping that the ladies who had gone through the same thing can give me some tips on how to convert the SO and help him see the light. It was never my intent to offend or start a flamewar. I'm appreciative of the ladies who have been helpful and supportive throughout ugh drama and ordeal. And just for the record, i gave my SO a piece of my mind this morning and chewed him out for his remark. And this was done before I saw there allegations and comments on the thread. Anyway, I'm not going to address this issue any further. If some people are so intent on reading into what I wrote and twist it around, there's nothing I can do about it. *shrug*

Those who are offended should perhaps take it to PM rather than bashing a member in a public forum. I am appalled at the way this has been handled. I am certainly not a member of the sisterhood you mention.
That is fine that you feel that way. I don't think she is being bashed however. I think she is being made aware that her thread content was a bit off-putting to some. Kou has been a member of this subforum for a long time and I don't think anyone intends to hurt her. I know I don't. :smile: But I'm not going to mince words either.

Not to mention that I can think of other situations that involved REAL bashing of people. This doesn't even come close.

When it is all said and done though, everything is going to go back to normal, people will try to help her narrow down her list, and try to help her find shrink-wrapped bags. Business as usual.

Good for you, Kou. I am new here but I think it would be nicer if everybody would respect each other's feelings. It seems that this is supposed to be a place for us to talk about our experiences and share knowledge too. If we don't like what we read, we're free to leave, right? I agree with those who suggested it isn't nice to blast other members for sharing their own frustrations. I'm not taking sides but rather pointing out I don't think we need to claw each other's eyes out or suggest to our Hermes sisters that they need to leave:flowers: I don't mean to butt in, sorry if I offend anyone with my own comments.

That is fine that you feel that way. I don't think she is being bashed however. I think she is being made aware that her thread content was a bit off-putting to some. Kou has been a member of this subforum for a long time and I don't think anyone intends to hurt her. I know I don't. :smile: But I'm not going to mince words either.

Not to mention that I can think of other situations that involved REAL bashing of people. This doesn't even come close.

When it is all said and done though, everything is going to go back to normal, people will try to help her narrow down her list, and try to help her find shrink-wrapped bags. Business as usual.

I am sure she feesl hurt by what you and others said, anyone would. This is a warm and fuzzy place and I feel I belong to a group of mainly caring and supportive individuals. Kou has explained her point of view, so I will say no more....

kou-Please don't get upset...We love you~(HUG:heart: )! As you know, all of us here on this forum are such great friends! Sometime, it's hard to interpret what other people are trying to tell you by only from reading without seeing each other face to face. Nobody is trying to hurt your feeling...So, please feel better, okay?

About your SO...hmmm...I don't know your SO at all, but according to your postings so far, I honestly feel you deserve better. You are such a Hermes lover as all of us are;) ! Can you completely shut off Hermes from your life if your SO wants you to do that? The reason why I am asking this is that you said that your SO thinks it's insane to spend $5K (or greater) for a bag. Yes, I understand that is alot of money, but he has to consider that you LOVE Hermes and you are passionates about Hermes.

If he loves you, I am sure your SO will appreciate Hermes sometime soon in the future...So, don't worry, okay kou? My DH was also kind of surprised to know how much a Birkin was when he saw my first Birkin receipt (my first Birkin was ostrich Birkin...so, I guess he could be in less shock if it was a regular leather Birkin:P ), but he became more Hermes addict than me now. He is such a HUGE enabler.

He is so funny sometimes...If I become hesitant on buying a Birkin because of not a right color, combination, leather...etc. then, he goes "It's a Birkin!!! What are you talking about? I can't believe you are thinking about not buying it!!!", "Just get it and think about it later. If you don't want it, I will use it (he was joking, and SA was laughing so hard when he said it)", "We have a daughter as a back up just in case if you decide you don't like it(she is only 5 now! Those Birkins have to wait for a long time before they will be used by our daughter at least 15~20 yrs:Push: !)" Then, I get so tempted, and buy them...:hysteric:He ALWAYS checks Hermes everytime he goes on business trips in another states or oversea. He is my personal Birkin hunter:graucho: :graucho: :graucho: !!!!!