One More Inch on the MAB and MAM...

What about the mab luxe that had the longer straps. Those tend to pop up on ebay and I think thehipchick has one on clearance

Yes, I do like that style, too. I am a hobo girl because of comfort, but a part of me really loves the satchel shape, too. It seems to work fine for other ladies; we are each built differently so what works on one person may not work on someone else.

I just love the style and hoped to have one but it isn't meant to be, I guess. I will have to take comfort in my Nikkis, and I do love the matinee.

I was curious if it was just me or if other people wished this, too. I would love some sort of extender loop or hardware that could be snapped on to give a little extra room.

OR there's the Morning After Hobo. There's a thread for a special order that's being rounded up. Here's the page with a pic, Desi, post #40:

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...g-after-hobo-open-color-choices-513167-3.html

I absolutely LOVE my MAM's and have no trouble with the strap drop/shoulder fit, but I agree with GelTea: if you love the style/look of the MA bags, why not try the MA Hobo? It is a gorgeous style!!! You get the MA look, but the hobo style.

I have the same conflict too....I am a shoulder bag gal but love the look of the MAMs. That's why I only have a couple and mostly carry them by hand or in the crook of my arm. After a while I get frustrated and pull out my Mini Nikki's and MACs...and then I start to miss the MAM's and carry them again. A never ending cycle, lol.

While I can fit mine on my arm, an extra inch would be nice.

That's why I went with the market tote instead of the MAB for my first RM. I was heavier then (have since lost 30 pounds, wahoo!) and the Market fit on my arm but the MAB didn't. Since I've lost the weight, I'm now looking for an MAM or MAB since I can finally fit them comfortably on my shoulder.

What about the mab luxe that had the longer straps. Those tend to pop up on ebay and I think thehipchick has one on clearance

I've thought about the Luxe model too but the straps don't look as structured as on the MAB/M's and the proportions of it veer toward the Knocked Up bag.

I don't think an extra half or full inch would affect the overall proportion of the original that much and it would increase the wearability factor for quite a few people. I've tried on some newer MAB's recently at my local Nordies and I think the straps are a touch longer than on my 2 MAM's (which both have the old school HW).

When I first received my used evergreen MAM (which was in beautiful condition!), there was a smell to it that I could not pinpoint for a few weeks. I finally figured out it was deodorant/antiperspirant because that's how close it sits in the armpit for some people. I don't personally use deodorant so it took me a while to figure that one out. I've been allowing the MAM to air out rather than storing in a bag so the smell is slowly going away.

I've thought about the Luxe model too but the straps don't look as structured as on the MAB/M's and the proportions of it veer toward the Knocked Up bag.

I don't think an extra half or full inch would affect the overall proportion of the original that much and it would increase the wearability factor for quite a few people. I've tried on some newer MAB's recently at my local Nordies and I think the straps are a touch longer than on my 2 MAM's (which both have the old school HW).

When I first received my used evergreen MAM (which was in beautiful condition!), there was a smell to it that I could not pinpoint for a few weeks. I finally figured out it was deodorant/antiperspirant because that's how close it sits in the armpit for some people. I don't personally use deodorant so it took me a while to figure that one out. I've been allowing the MAM to air out rather than storing in a bag so the smell is slowly going away.

yeah I never carry my MAMs on the shoulder when I have on sleeveless tops cause I'm paranoid lol

I don't have any issues with this unless I'm wearing a bulkier coat. I LOVE MABs and the hobo strap but now that those aren't being made, your best bet is to get the MA Hobo. It's the best of both (satchel and hobo) worlds. You should check it out!

I think you are definitely on to something..

My matinee is so much more comfortable to carry than my MAM but I would've never known.. I mean it's not so much that my MAM is uncomfortable but it would be so much easier to carry..

Are the MAB's straps any longer at all than the MAM? I only own one MAM so I wasn't sure...

But YES, just one extra inch would be perfect. I don't think you would even notice the difference- the bag would probably look the same. I can fit my MAM on my shoulder just fine but it always slips off once I start walking:hrmm:

I own both the MAM and the MAB, and although the straps on the MAB are supposed to be 1/2 inch longer than the MAM, but they really feel the same on my shoulder, not much of a difference.

MAM and MAB look so classic when hand carried, and I think they were designed to be carried that way. I'm more of a shoulder bag person, so I prefer bags that can be worn on the shoulder. However, I feel the dilema here, I think lengthening the shoulder straps on these 2 styles will make them lose the classic touch. So I think an extra detachable strap is a must for this style.