On average, how long do you wait for a buyer to pay before you start getting worried?

It feels weird to me, too, but I'm sure the buyer would prefer getting a phone call rather than an NPB notice. I've only had to call buyers twice, and neither one realized they had won the auction. You may be doing your buyer a favor. If you had someone bidding using a hijacked account, the account owner and eBay need to know that. If your buyer simply didn't check her emails, she will appreciate the heads up. Plus, life does intervene during our shopping, unfortunately. She may have had a sick child, accident, etc. You are so sweet; she cannot possibly consider you rude. Good luck and let us know the outcome! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the advice guys...so I did end up calling last night - it was a small business (they sell a lot of makeup on ebay), and the person I spoke with said that several people use the same account, so he had to find out who it was and then get back to me...so hopefully I'll find out today whether or not they're going to pay!

and ebay-aholic, as weird as I know it seems to call someone or be called...I did some research on ebay about nonpaying bidders, and they recommend that you call before filing a NPB! Weird!

Thanks again guys...I really appreciate all your help. I'll let you know what happens!

Thanks for the advice guys...so I did end up calling last night - it was a small business (they sell a lot of makeup on ebay), and the person I spoke with said that several people use the same account, so he had to find out who it was and then get back to me...so hopefully I'll find out today whether or not they're going to pay!

and ebay-aholic, as weird as I know it seems to call someone or be called...I did some research on ebay about nonpaying bidders, and they recommend that you call before filing a NPB! Weird!

Thanks again guys...I really appreciate all your help. I'll let you know what happens!

kimalee, at least you know that you did the right thing! I agree completely that it is difficult to force yourself to call a buyer; it feels like you are dunning them for money (ugh!). If this seller has lots of feedback, they will definitely not want an NPB. However, if you don't hear back from them by tomorrow, go ahead and file the NPB. You will probably be paid today, but just in case you are not paid, plan on filing tomorrow. You have been more than fair, you have communicated, and you have tried very hard to work with your buyer, which is all eBay asks of sellers. It seems that in a BIN or best offer situation, dragging out the payment is becoming a problem. I almost never have this problem with an auction listing, just the BIN with best offers. Regardless of what the listing says regarding when I prefer to be paid, it seems like once I accept an offer, they feel that paying within one week is sufficient. And according to eBay, it actually is. On the other hand, if I make an offer and it is accepted, I pay immediately. Am I missing something? :cursing: Anyone else?

^I definitely don't get it! I ALWAYS pay immediately, at least within 24 hours! And if I make an offer on something, especially if it's a high-priced item, I check in often to see if I won! Anyway I still haven't heard so I called again and they told me to call back at noon!

not cool when you have to hunt down your buyer!

Wouldn't you think anyone who made an offer would check their email? You and I are the kind of buyers we would love to have! I don't know what is wrong with some of these people. If he is now telling you to call back at noon, there is something strange going on. I would call back one more time, then file the NPB claim. You have been more than patient. And who on earth wants the headache of begging for their money? Ridiculous! Hang in there.

Okay, enough.

I must have called about 20 times (maybe more) and someone answered the phone ONCE. At which point he told me to call back in 5 minutes. Which I did. No response. Sent another message. No response.

Done. Finished. The item has been relisted and a dispute has been opened.

I am not happy about this. Seriously, this company has close to 700 feedback, 98.6% positive. Come on people. Get it together.

I know you're not happy about the outcome. I'm sorry it didn't turn out better for you. I am happy that you relisted and filed the NPB; they wasted enough of your time. I still don't get it. Did someone bid on the item for kicks? Did they buy it and then realize they couldn't pay for it? I wouldn't like any of those scenarios either, but if someone emails me and at least tries to communicate, I will work with them every time. Avoidance never works. Good luck on your new listing!!

They probably found something else they liked better, or for less...some people just aren't responsible. It's a shame how much emotional energy NPB and argumentative jerks take out of ebayers!!! Breathe out, let it go...

I know you're not happy about the outcome. I'm sorry it didn't turn out better for you. I am happy that you relisted and filed the NPB; they wasted enough of your time. I still don't get it. Did someone bid on the item for kicks? Did they buy it and then realize they couldn't pay for it? I wouldn't like any of those scenarios either, but if someone emails me and at least tries to communicate, I will work with them every time. Avoidance never works. Good luck on your new listing!!

Thanks you guys for your support. In some ways I'd rather get a curt message saying I'M NOT PAYING than nothing at all...honestly, I'd kind of rather get a short, rude email that at least lets me know what's going on...

and that's a good point, do people just FORGET that they've bid a couple thousand dollars? that would keep me up at night!