OMG!!! Hell must have frozen over because Canada's

LV_addict said:
Thank you!!!:flowers:
I don't really see anything that I HAVE TO HAVE right this moment and don't really feel like buying something for the sake of buying something.:wtf: OMG!!! Did I just say this out loud?!:nuts: :lol:

I wish I was at this stage too.:nuts:

At least in Hawaii, Louis Vuitton raises their prices about $50 in the summer and lowers them again around fall/winter. I`m not sure with everywhere else? I would think it applies to everywhere but -shrug-

jadecee said:
You can do that?! I thought they'd charge you based on taxes in nova scotia? How much do you pay for shipping?

As for the price differences, between Canada and the States, it depends on the item... before this price decrease, it was waaaaay cheaper to get a speedy in the states and ESPECIALLY so if you go to a state with no sales tax.

The decrease in price is probably to reflect the stronger Canadian dollar because old pricing is based on approximately a 1.5 exchange rate, while now it's approximately 1.13.

LOL.. no WONDER the wapity was SOLD OUT at the LV in Toronto today!

yep! you can do it! the taxes are based on the province of sale. i think shipping is around $20 for ground and $30 for air. if the sale is big enough its worth paying for the shipping to save the tax.

fashion_junky said:
OMG!!! I didn't know this!!! :nuts:

LV_addict...does that mean your fringe speedy is sitting at the Bloor location right now?? I wish I could rush over there and get it!!!!!!

No, it's @ the store in Montreal.:sad: But I do believe Bloor St. had a couple of speedies there last time I checked.;)

hfxshopgirl said:
yep! you can do it! the taxes are based on the province of sale. i think shipping is around $20 for ground and $30 for air. if the sale is big enough its worth paying for the shipping to save the tax.

As far as I know, the taxes are based on the province the item is shipped to - NOT the province of sale. I live in AB, and we didn't have a Pottery Barn here until like last year, so I always had to mail order from TO or Vancouver, and would just pay for shipping and the price plus GST. They rang it up in Vancouver/TO, but tax is based on the SHIPPED province.

That's great that the prices have *finally* been adjusted to the stronger Canadian dollar! I wish Balenciaga would do the same here! Ditto with Tiffany's - it'd been so much cheaper to buy Stateside for the luxry brands in the last 2 years!

WAIT! You brought back that fringe speedy that you LOVED and that looked so fab on you.... I'm shocked.

I didn't like it till I saw it on you, why'd you return it?

wow.

tweetie said:
As far as I know, the taxes are based on the province the item is shipped to - NOT the province of sale. I live in AB, and we didn't have a Pottery Barn here until like last year, so I always had to mail order from TO or Vancouver, and would just pay for shipping and the price plus GST. They rang it up in Vancouver/TO, but tax is based on the SHIPPED province.

That's great that the prices have *finally* been adjusted to the stronger Canadian dollar! I wish Balenciaga would do the same here! Ditto with Tiffany's - it'd been so much cheaper to buy Stateside for the luxry brands in the last 2 years!

i've done 2 sales with LV this way and both times the tax was AB tax....

LV_addict said:
Kathy, I got the white one! I should have it by tomorrow or Friday the latest (it's coming from Montreal). I will post pics as soon as I have it!:yes:

I SAW THAT BUCKET ON DISPLAY!!! I WAS THERE!!! haha lol wow this is great! Now I can save on my upcoming purchases (Trouville and a koala wallet!) YAY!!!!

hfxshopgirl said:
i've done 2 sales with LV this way and both times the tax was AB tax....

Perhaps it's b/c you don't have an LV or Holts there in Halifax? I think there's a loophole where the store can only charge tax if they have a B&M store there. Then you would be PST exempt, but not GST exempt. I have heard of that too when DH buys weird electronics sometimes!

Veronika said:
WAIT! You brought back that fringe speedy that you LOVED and that looked so fab on you.... I'm shocked.

I didn't like it till I saw it on you, why'd you return it?

wow.

I have EIGHT speedies!!!:nuts: Well, seven now.:lol: And not one bucket! So I decided to grab it while I had a chance!:wlae:I def. didn't want to buy two fringe pieces so exchange seemed like a good idea!:yes: I hope I like it even more than speedy (otherwise I'll be kicking myself:hysteric:).:lol:

tweetie said:
Perhaps it's b/c you don't have an LV or Holts there in Halifax? I think there's a loophole where the store can only charge tax if they have a B&M store there. Then you would be PST exempt, but not GST exempt. I have heard of that too when DH buys weird electronics sometimes!

you're right, its probably something like that. when i worked retail we couldn't charge tax in provinces we didn't operate in, the systems weren't set up to. :yes: