OMG ... Fendi robbery while I was at NM!

Once I was shopping at Victoria Secrets and questioned the SAs why their items are always getting more nd more expensive. A SA told me they often had robberies, and they were told not to chase those robbers so to risk their life. Therefore the company has to raise the prices to cover the lost.

I witnessed a similar grab and dash at the Nordstrom at the same mall, Stanford Shopping Center, about two years ago. I was being helped at the register in handbags when there was a shout and a man grabbed an entire rack of about 10 Marc Jacobs bags and ran straight out the door into a vehicle waiting at the curb which had no license plates. It all happened in about 10 seconds, no one really had time to react.

The handbags are still near the front entrance but I think they no longer leave the more expensive ones out in a single place so that it can be that easy to grab them.

I also once saw a young man grab a stack of khakis at a Gap store and run down the street with them, though this may have been a college prank or dare cause I can't imagine the resale value of those would be that high.

OMG!!! I shop at that particular Neiman's!!! I can't believe they got away. I'm sure we'll see a some new Fendi's on ebay or Craigslist soon enough...

They would be stupid to do that as NM can call in the FBI and track them through Ebay-I know of cases where people were busted through their listings! It would serve them right!:smile: