OMG!! Faked H Bags from China: Styles, colors to watch for

I don't believe this is a correct statement of fact. An exact replica birkin or kelly - even leaving off the Hermes stamping - is a violation of Hermes's property rights. If a woman walks into a room carrying a bag that everyone looks at and thinks is a *kelly,* and it is a replica, then Hermes's property rights have been violated. Hermes has the standing in a court of law to sue the manufacturer for theft of their property rights. Intellectual property - design patents, trademarked names etc - do not depend upon something as silly as leaving off the Hermes embossing.

No seller on ebay -whether fakeroos, 5 star replicas or real Hermes - ever says inspired or replica. They all say AUTHENTIC to get past ebay's trust and safety censors and to avoid Hermes's direct intervention. .

Hi Hummingbird,

You don't have to believe me. However, as I'm sure you know, each country has it's own laws regarding IP and copyright violation; with those countries using Western European standards, generally, having the most stringent ones. Therefore, good luck trying to assert IP rights outside of Western Europe and it's colonies - past and present - as I'm sure you wouldn't get very far at all.

As far as what goes on on Ebay, I wasn't really talking about that - although, I am aware that some of you were. Just about everyone knows that Ebay is a hotbed for counterfeiters, and other dodgy dealers, when it comes to designer goods.

Kind regards

Hi Hummingbird,

You don't have to believe me. However, as I'm sure you know, each country has it's own laws regarding IP and copyright violation; with those countries using Western European standards, generally, having the most stringent ones. Therefore, good luck trying to assert IP rights outside of Western Europe and it's colonies - past and present - as I'm sure you wouldn't get very far at all.

As far as what goes on on Ebay, I wasn't really talking about that - although, I am aware that some of you were. Just about everyone knows that Ebay is a hotbed for counterfeiters, and other dodgy dealers, when it comes to designer goods.

Kind regards

I was discussing US intellectual propety rights which Hermes has acquired and are enforceable within the US and it's colonies.

I am all for the real thing...eagerly awaiting my Hermes Lindy....on the list for my beloved orange! My friend's boyfriend who cant afford the real thing showed me this site for replicas. I think it looks pretty good (although I also called him a Hermes sinner!!!!!)...but what do you think? Anyone heard anything about this site-good or bad. It's XXXXXXXXX and he wants to get her the hermes lindy havanne in orange to make her smile (and she will...shes a sweety who cant afford the real thing). Aside from my fellow hardcore Hermes followers, what do you think he should do? Do they look like a g ood replica? Oh gosh, I am even ashamed to ask this question but I feel obligated as they are such good friends.

WE DON'T PERMIT ADVERTISING FAKES ON THE PF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On...XXXXXX accepts credit cards so atleast he can dispute if it comes back looking terrible or never shows up at all. All the other sites we searched asked for check or money order--super suspicious. I appreciate any help or advise you can give. This would so totally make their day...he wants to put her engagement ring in the bag too...so cute. But he doesnt have the $6000.00 plus to spend on the bag.

On...redcarpetbagz accepts credit cards so atleast he can dispute if it comes back looking terrible or never shows up at all. All the other sites we searched asked for check or money order--super suspicious. I appreciate any help or advise you can give. This would so totally make their day...he wants to put her engagement ring in the bag too...so cute. But he doesnt have the $6000.00 plus to spend on the bag.

I just don't understand how a fake anything can make someone smile....

Would he consider buying her a nice coach bag. I bet he can get one of their best for under $500 and at least it is something with value, integrity and something that is not just a knock off. Gosh, there are even Prada bags and YSL, etc. that are very nice for under $1,500.

Apparently she is ok with it. I am not. We got into a heated argument over it...I even offered her boyfriend my real Lindy (it will ariive in a few weeks) to hide the ring in) but she would be disappointed to find out the bag wasnt hers to keep and I'm not giving it up lol. If u wouldnt mind, go the website and check out the bag. I have to say, against my better judgement, that it looks pretty good for a fake.

Apparently she is ok with it. I am not. We got into a heated argument over it...I even offered her boyfriend my real Lindy (it will ariive in a few weeks) to hide the ring in) but she would be disappointed to find out the bag wasnt hers to keep and I'm not giving it up lol. If u wouldnt mind, go the website and check out the bag. I have to say, against my better judgement, that it looks pretty good for a fake.

I guess for me I wouldn't care whether it looked real or not... I still wouldn't want it. But I did go to the site and the Birkins and Kellys did not at all look real to me. But all my life I have just been the type of person who would rather have a real $300 anything than a $300 fake that was supposed to look like a $10,000 something. I just can't understand how someone could enjoy a replica, fake, knock off. But that's just me. I know there are people who are OK with it.

SugarRx, you'll be a good friend to advice your friend's boyfriend to stay away from fakes. Like Kallie Girl points out, there are a lot of good alternatives.

I don't think it's a matter of the "hard to get" factor of a Kelly or Birkin. If you ever visit Hong Kong, about 80% of the women on the street carry LV bags. I'd say less than 20% is authentic. There are plenty of LV stores everywhere if one wants to drop in to spend the money.

It's simply the price.

I used to work for a high-tech public company. For every product sold in China, there were two or three counterfeit being sold. Can you tell that it's fake? Absolutely! Is there anything my old company could do to stop it? Nope!

The fake ones would never come close to the real ones. If it is, they wouldn't be able to sell it "cheaper". :wlae:

I find it very hard to believe that an Hermes craftsman would EVER go to work in a Korean fake factory. And what would be the point anyway? If they still were to make the bags by hand, they could not magically speed up the process. So instead of making on average 2 bags a week that would sell for an average of USD 6000, they would now make still two bags a week that sell fo USD 300? You can do the math and see that it just doesn't make sense financially. I believe that this is an Urban myth.
Hello...so glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to worry:yahoo::yahoo:!!

I find it very hard to believe that an Hermes craftsman would EVER go to work in a Korean fake factory. And what would be the point anyway? If they still were to make the bags by hand, they could not magically speed up the process. So instead of making on average 2 bags a week that would sell for an average of USD 6000, they would now make still two bags a week that sell fo USD 300? You can do the math and see that it just doesn't make sense financially. I believe that this is an Urban myth.

Hello...so glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to worry:yahoo::yahoo:!!

Her post was from 2007 :sad:... so I guess we are back to worrying .... I have missed her so much, too! Where is she ????? :confused1:

I remember reading somewhere that for a replica bag to be called such, there had to be 17 clear differences between the original and the replica [sure that was the number..though may have been more].

Anyway, I remember that Marks & Spencers had to remove a bag from sale they had manufacturered that was a replica of a designer bag that had 15 differences so I don't have a problem with replica bags as long as they are called just that - replica.

I do HATE (with a passion) anyone who sells a FAKE and claims it's the genuine article. I think they are all :censor: and should be:banned: