Omg..chanel Black Satin..

MAC's nightfall is shimmery..when u put it on ur nails, it looks GRAYISH. more GRAY than black. i ahve a bottle. never used it bc it looks so gray. it does not look black at all. its a pretty color, nevertheless, but it just is GRAY.

P.S. do any of you ladies have pictures of the black satin on your nails??! i have seen pics of the bottle but its not the same as seeing it on someones real hands!! hahaha (i know this sounds weird but i would very much appreciate it) thanks again!

Here is a picture of 2 coats of Black Satin on my nails. Sorry for the bad manicure. I always do it myself so it is hard to get it perfect! :sweatdrop: The Black Satin in the bottle has a slight silver shimmer, but when it is on your nails, the shimmer dissappears. I think it helps to give it a softer and less gothic look, even though you can't see it.

Attachments

• blacksatin.jpg
    blacksatin.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for the photo, Edna! It definitely has a softer look. I have a Chanel red (Shanghai Red #183) that has a similar shimmer. It's very noticable in the bottle but on your nails it just has a nice, soft look.

I took a photo of the Black Satin on my toes. I appologize for the chipping, but I haven't been able to make it to the pedicurist this week because I'm waiting for my new Bobbi Brown Rubies to arrive.

ebay377.jpg

i got my CHANEL BLACK SATIN in the mail today!!! :yahoo: the only strange/annoying thing is that it was sent from NORDSTROM :confused1: and they had emailed me, saying that they CANCELLED my order...therefore i ordered one from NM... i guess that means i'll be getting another one in the mail soon :sweatdrop: :shrugs:

so i tried on the black satin, as i've been waiting for it for WEEKS... and i'm actually kinda disappointed..is it just me or i dont know what all the hype is about.. i thought it would be more shimmery, but to me it just looks like a creamy black..and only if you look VERY VERY closely..can you make out the shimmers and sparkles. i expected it to look more..unique and PRETTY, i guess.. :sad: what do you ladies think??

^ so true, its not as pretty when you have it on. its just plain and flat. i resold mine the next day after i got it on Nov 3rd.

i mixed my own SUPERFINE shimmer with clear gloss and used it as topcoat on creamy black polish (sinful colors brand) and it looks 10000 times better.

so i tried on the black satin, as i've been waiting for it for WEEKS... and i'm actually kinda disappointed..is it just me or i dont know what all the hype is about.. i thought it would be more shimmery, but to me it just looks like a creamy black..and only if you look VERY VERY closely..can you make out the shimmers and sparkles. i expected it to look more..unique and PRETTY, i guess.. :sad: what do you ladies think??

Just like everything else, it is hype. You wanted it because you couldn't have it or find it anywhere. I kind of felt the same way. You probably could of found OPI Black Onyx and had your fix a lot earlier. I am sorry you are not loving it. I find the OPI wears better than the Chanel for half the retail price. Besides who is going to know it is or isn't Chanel besides you and your manicurist? Anyway, reading in magazines, I see that white is the new black when it comes to nails. Start selling your Black Satin. LOL

I like the subtle difference in the color of the Black Satin. I've worn two different blacks and I feel like they are very different. One is a pure high gloss black (Dante, I think. I got it in a nail salon) and the Chanel (which I'm out of :crybaby:). The Chanel has a much softer look. Yes, the OPI wears as well as the Chanel at a fraction of the price, but the colors are different and I like them all! I'm sorry you're not enjoying the Black Satin. There's nothing worse than anticipating something and having it fall short of your expectations.