OMG, are these PLASTIC links? WTF?

I really love this bag it is the one bag i wanted in this line.. But I agree I do not like the Resin.. If the bag goes to the Outlet I will consider myself extra lucky and get it. I am sure I could live with the Resin for 30 to 50 off.

I remembered this thread from earlier this year so I decided to bump it because I recently bought a Kristin bag with plastic/resin links (14222, the ivory clutch on the far right in the pic below). I was just wondering if anyone has changed their opinions about the use of plastic/resin on coach bags?

I am also interested in hearing about TPFer experiences with the resin links because there was a lot of concern that they were cheap and would break; has anyone had that problem?

I didn't buy the $1000 bag that was the basis of this thread, but I must say that I don't feel that the resin links look cheap or flimsy. I think you would need a powertool to damage one of those links!

I like the strap on my bag. I think the resin links mixed with metal looks sharp and makes the bag more unusual and distinctive. The resin is also a lighter-weight strap than a metal chain. So what do you all think about the practice of coach using plastic/resin links along with metal links on a chain strap?

Attachments

• coach-kristin-handbags.jpg
    coach-kristin-handbags.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 444
i have the camel bag with the tortoise links and imho, i love it. it's actually one of my favorite bags because it is so different. at first when i ordered it sight unseen i had doubts but when it showed up i was really impressed by how nice it looks. i've used it tons of times and had no issue. i've got lots of compliments on it too. if you love it, that's all that matters! :smile:

I was at FP 2 days ago....and I swear a lady brought in her clutch(peachy color)
because the links broke from one side of the bag....SA send it in for repair.

I regret not getting the original Kristin Line they are the only bags I liked from this line but we never had anything but the Clutches... If they come to the outlet I will get them they are worth it with Resin or not.

Be careful about the Ivory Croc Kristin bags. I bought and returned the ivory croc darcy clutch 14222 even though I was thrilled when I found it at the outlet for a great price ($180 after a price adjustment versus the $458 MSRP).

I returned it because I realized that it was yellowing. The leather inside the bag and under the flap was much whiter than the outside of the bag. That's probably why it showed up in the outlet in the first place; someone probably returned it because it was discoloring.

I did an online search at the time and I found other comments about discoloration so I decided to return it before cutting the tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful about the Ivory Croc Kristin bags. I bought and returned the ivory croc darcy clutch 14222 even though I was thrilled when I found it at the outlet for a great price ($180 after a price adjustment versus the $458 MSRP).

I returned it because I realized that it was yellowing. The leather inside the bag and under the flap was much whiter than the outside of the bag. That's probably why it showed up in the outlet in the first place; someone probably returned it because it was discoloring.

I did an online search at the time and I found other comments about discoloration so I decided to return it before cutting the tags.

Thank you for responding! I have heard of that as well but this is my fav bag and sometimes im willing to overlook some things :smile: Still want/need this bag! :smile: