okay..not to be a prude

jeeeeezzzzz... I love this forum. However in the past month it sure has changed alot. I also feel like I have to watch what I say and how I say it otherwise the harsh judgement and mean words are upon you. Im not to the point of wanting to go away yet...I have faith it will get better. Cursing does not bother me as long as it is not directed towards hurting someone.

Megs said:
... (I really don't see much of it on here?!?!)

No me neither...nothing that made me think OMG! anyway.

Personally, i don't swear when i'm on here, but it doean't bother me if others (tastefully - as in asterisk out the appropriate parts!) do either.

And where do you draw the line..? Is cr*p or b*tch classed as swearing?:weird: Or is it just the other bad, bad words? Also - the above words are actually in the dictionary as meaning something else....?

IMO, Being here is more about sharing our own wonderful collections of bags, helping each other out and sharing our life experiences, rather than how things are or aren't worded.;)

That aside, i still totally respect everyone's views.

I have a question for the non-cussers: Is something like "f%$#@!*" as a substitute for the f-word just as offensive? Serious question. What about things like "poo" etc. I try to not use the actual words when posting, and I do try to find some alternative that tests my vocabulary. But ya' gotta admit -- there are some times when a good, old F@#$!!! is just required to get your true tone across a printed medium.

Sherri S. said:
I have a question for the non-cussers: Is something like "f%$#@!*" as a substitute for the f-word just as offensive?

If it is, I apologize :[ I'm guilty of using the ^&$@* in replacement of curse words. Sometimes I also put, for example, "Holy [censor]". My apologies in advance.

frozen7313 said:
i think there are codes or something that either vlad or someone on the back end could do to block cuss words.. cuz on this one car forum i'm on.. any bad word turns into asterisks (ie: *****es) like that haha... cept it's pretty known when they put "**** you" or something along those lines. but it does block the word itself, in the event anyone is going on here during their work hours (tsk tsk! :smile: ).

My other forum does that!

Abbreviations don't bother me.
Something that would bother me would be a random:
"hey *&%$ Head!" in a non-heated thread, but I don't know if it's the swearing that is offensive there or the name calling! LOL!
I use LMAO all the time - I s'pose this could offend some{?}

Also, it is important to remember, we're NOT all adults here. We have teenagers on the Forum.
It's just important to remember to be respectful, that's all.
I don't think an occasional curse word here or there should bother too many people.
And as long as I've been here, when the boards are NOT being attacked, the swearing is VERY minimal.

IMO we're all adults here. I think using abbreviations is acceptable (ie WTF, sh**, etc.) because it shows some consideration and restraint. And sometimes nothing brings the point home like a good curse word sometimes! A swear word in print just look vulgar, like a bunch of sailors or something. Its a sad statement that decorum seems to be something that isn't important anymore because you are anonymous on the internet. I have noticed a deterioration in social grace because of the web. Kinda sad. Any public place is not the appropriate place IMO to just "say whatever you want". We still need to be respectful in here. If it's something you wouldn't shout out in a restaurant with people you can see, why would you print it in here with people you can't see? Use common sense, I say. (i'm going to try!)