Okay, I take a plunge and grab Baby Cabas!!

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

I live in Massachusetts as well. When I ordered something from the Seattle Nordstrom I had to pay MA tax. I too had thought that if there was not a store in your state, then you do not have to pay sales tax.

There is a store being built in Framingham but it won't be open for business until 2007. I suggest you contact Nordstrom and have the tax refunded. Some s/a's don't know that if there is not a presence of a store in your state you don't have to pay sales tax. It is our job as consumers not to let them convince us that they are right. :yes:

Hmm...how do waitlists work? Neither me nor my mom received a call, so I doubt that they called everyone on the list before offering it to the OP. There were several names before us too. In fact one SA wanted to sell us one but another SA said it wouldn't be fair to the other people on the list. Congratulations to the OP, but the whole business does sound a little shady. Oh well, I think I will probably be getting one from Neiman Marcus in the next month or so, but I feel bad for the other people.

Hmm...how do waitlists work? Neither me nor my mom received a call, so I doubt that they called everyone on the list before offering it to the OP. There were several names before us too. In fact one SA wanted to sell us one but another SA said it wouldn't be fair to the other people on the list. Congratulations to the OP, but the whole business does sound a little shady. Oh well, I think I will probably be getting one from Neiman Marcus in the next month or so, but I feel bad for the other people.

Hi nerdphanie, I'm sorry if my situation upsets you. I have no idea how the wait list works. I called and before I even finished describing the bag, she just said "I have it. I just got one today. If you want, I can ship it to you." I was shocked but didn't ask further...

I'm sorry if I cut the list. I don't mean too... I didn't know the SA and didn't even know her name... :sad:

luvpurse

Congrats on getting a beautiful bag! I feel bad for those on the list who were never called. This has happened to me and it's extremely frustrating! The problem typically occurs when SAs have their own "lists" instead of a single department-wide waitlist. If your SA happens to be off the day the bag comes in you lose out and the bag goes to someone on another list--or to someone who happens to call in. It can be very cut-throat, especially on an $1800 bag as everyone wants the commission. Unfortunately, some SAs would rather make the sale than honor the list...

Anyway, it's not luvpurse's fault (so don't feel bad) it's just a HUGE flaw in the store's waitlist system. If I was on the list and didn't receive a call I would complain to the department manager so hopefully, this would be addressed for future lists...

Good luck to everyone waiting for these bags!

wow, that makes me worry though, would they skip my name??

Mmmm...I am on 4 waitlists so hopefully I would get one...I would cry since I have been waiting since mid Oct and I so want this bag!

I'm not even one of the first on the waitlist there, though, and I think I have a good shot through neiman. I may mention it though. Maybe it is because it's a new store, but i think it's more likely that an SA wanted the sale...